[1.0][B19] GlitterWorld Prime - Online Marketplace

Started by TwistedSoul, November 09, 2017, 06:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedSoul

Hi all, A new version was just released that should fix most errors people are getting when selling goods.

It's been an issue I've been tracking for a while.

[EDIT] Hoping I've really fixed it this time in builds 3966913b & 5d7cf793 for A17 and B18 respectively.

Regards, TwistedSoul

Drglord

It seems that the prices for selling are opposite. Meaning you get multipliers in the market value (x0.5 doubles the value) making it quite OP.

Drglord

Okay love the idea but in terms in balance it is way off... I get the whole buy price that is defined by demand hence components cost 100 rightfully (25 market price). but why in gods name you sell things in the exact same price? Was it hard to code the x0.5 for selling and difficulty adjustments i mean selling stuff at these prices is kinda game breaking balance speaking.

P.S. Yes i know someone can opt not to sell anything to keep the balance (use admin console etc) but i was just asking what was the idea behind it.

Harry_Dicks

As a druglord I would think you would be flooding the markets with yayo and flake!

Gizborn

Man. This mod is so-o great and awful at the same time. Why do you even raise prices for basic resources such as components and plasteel and don't do the same for manufactured things? That's complete bs. It's totally ruin basic economy stuff. You know, when you buy resources, then make items from it, then sell them for higher price. I spent 2000$ worth of plasteel, plus some cloth and 2 days of production just to get 1600 worth carbon jumpsuit

TwistedSoul

I'm really sorry for not replying. The forum is not E-mailing me when a new reply is posted. Let me try and answer some of these.

• Q: Why do you even raise prices for basic resources such as components and plasteel and don't do the same for manufactured things?
  • A: The prices are determined by the demand for the item, if someone buys lots of steel, the price goes up, same thing for beds, if someone buys a lot of beds, the price goes up.

• Q: Why do you sell things at the exact same price as the buy price?
  • A: It's basically how markets work. For instance if you buy an item, then immediately sell it back, you should get back what you paid for it.
    Same goes for stock markets. You can buy a share, wait for the price to go up due to demand and then sell it for a profit.

• Q: What is the base cost for things?
  • A: The the base price is the cost set by the creator of the item, Either Ludeon if it's Vanilla or the Mod maker for additional content.
Rest assured, I am monitoring the prices of items and I'm tuning the algorithm for price adjustments on my development server based on the market data until I'm happy it won't upset anyone.

I will look into balancing it somewhat, but I want it to remain as realistic as possible. If anything, the content owners would need to adjust the base item cost to be more balanced.

I'm also looking into "buy and sell" orders for people who want to input their own values for trading goods.

TwistedSoul

AnNyeong

Is there already a search feature I can't find?
If not, it would be greatly appreciated as I mostly always have a "shopping list" and scrolling through the menus and/or item is very tedious.
Thanks in advance

Gizborn

Quote from: TwistedSoul on April 01, 2018, 01:29:51 PM
Hi all, we've got some new and exciting features coming to GWP very soon!
https://www.thecodecache.net/2018/04/01/new-features-and-changes-for-glitterworld-prime/
That's so damn impressive! I didn't even knew that mods are capable of doing such complicated operations. Really want to see how this will work out in game. Great job!

Unreal

Hi, I'm a rimworld user, but unfortunately, a friend of mine does not have the money to buy the original, and he asked me for a multiplayer mode, is there any way to have this pirate in private server ;) ? is saving for rimworld, since it gives environment around 5 hours a day, thanks anyway

TwistedSoul

Quote from: AnNyeong on April 01, 2018, 02:02:22 PM
Is there already a search feature I can't find?
If not, it would be greatly appreciated as I mostly always have a "shopping list" and scrolling through the menus and/or item is very tedious.
Thanks in advance

There's not currently a search per-se, but there are filters you can apply and in the latest version there is now a "Items I have" checkbox which filters the items to show items you currently have in a orbital trading stockpile, so it makes re-buying things you have already have super fast.

However, I appreciate how useful it would be so I have created a feature request to implement this in a future version.
https://git.thecodecache.net/aleyshon/glitterworld-prime/issues/25

Quote from: Gizborn on April 02, 2018, 10:48:46 AM
That's so damn impressive! I didn't even knew that mods are capable of doing such complicated operations. Really want to see how this will work out in game. Great job!

Thank you! I take great pride in producing code, always looking to push the boundaries of what was thought impossible.

Hi, I'm a rimworld user, but unfortunately, a friend of mine does not have the money to buy the original, and he asked me for a multiplayer mode, is there any way to have this pirate in private server ;) ? is saving for rimworld, since it gives environment around 5 hours a day, thanks anyway

This does not allow "multiplayer" in a classic sense, it allows you to trade with other colonies indirectly by means of a marketplace.

Regards, TwistedSoul.

Ramsis

Quote from: Unreal on April 02, 2018, 01:32:53 PM

Buy the game you schmuck, rule 6 is no piracy.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

TwistedSoul

Teaser of the new search function for the Trade Dialog in the next version of GlitterWorld Prime:

macbuk

TwistedSoul

Hopefully only a week or two, most of the major stuff is done

* The new "persistent" order system
* Allowing multiple, simultaneous orders.
* The search bar filter
* Colony owned items filter.
* Client side support for separate buy/sell prices

I still have to backport the code to A17 but it shouldn't be too difficult or take too long.

I still have a bunch of server side code to write and testing to do so I'm hoping not more than a week or so!