[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizarDoge

I just checked it again and the buttons you said are there atm. They werent there when i wrote the reply. Well anyway i added the screenshot of the buttonless version. Thanks for replying.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jiro

These mods make me very very happy! Will Fabrics break/fight other mods that use cloth and cloth production?

Canute

Depend.
Fabric will change the fabric plant's so you get raw fabrics when you harvest.
When other mod's change that too, it might not work.
But when you just got a mod to create at example hyperweave out of other resources, should work.

Jiro

I only just noticed, but why is produce so ugly to pawns? All the fruits and such that I checked have beauty level -7.

Canute

Because all the meals from VGP got nice additional effects, so these -7 compared to the -4 from vanilla vegetables are acceptable.
And when you put them into a shelf, the beauty doesn't matter.

Jiro

Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2019, 06:24:07 PM
Because all the meals from VGP got nice additional effects, so these -7 compared to the -4 from vanilla vegetables are acceptable.
Balance is good but I would think maintaining suspension of disbelief would be better, especially if someone is roleplaying a farm or something like that. At least a beauty of 0 would be logical; -7 implies that fruit, grain, and beans are almost twice as hideous as human organs lying around.
It would also be nice if tea, coffee, and soda/kvass weren't classed as drugs so that one doesn't have to fiddle with drug policies every game. Heck, it would be nice to save drug policies as files...

dismar

Quote from: 中村ジロ on March 11, 2019, 05:28:48 PM
Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2019, 06:24:07 PM
Balance is good but I would think maintaining suspension of disbelief would be better, especially if someone is roleplaying a farm or something like that. At least a beauty of 0 would be logical; -7 implies that fruit, grain, and beans are almost twice as hideous as human organs lying around.
It would also be nice if tea, coffee, and soda/kvass weren't classed as drugs so that one doesn't have to fiddle with drug policies every game. Heck, it would be nice to save drug policies as files...

tea and coffee are only classed as drugs if you load the Coffee tea and drinks drug policy mod.

Even joy drugs are hard coded into the game as drugs so tetol's still wont take them. The drinks are coded as joy objects as well so if you don't use the policy mod your pawns will still take them just not as most want them too.

And the change is so easy for the beauty. it gets bounced are so much from version to version. I do miss it a lot. I will put it into the notes for next version changes.

Jiro

Quote from: dismar on March 12, 2019, 12:54:03 AM
tea and coffee are only classed as drugs if you load the Coffee tea and drinks drug policy mod.
D'oh! Thank you. Wait, do you mean that fixing the beauty issue is easy? Don't you need to edit every Thing definition manually to include a beauty value?

conkikhon

Cornbread is a little OP, you only need a corn field and grinder to boost moving in your entire colony. Meat pie is harder to make than kabob and steak but have no bonus. I notice all modded edible vegetation in this mod have the same soil sensivity as potato. Blue berry and Grape vine have the same stats.

Canute

conkikhon,
corn is the ultimate food resource at VGP anyway. Grind them into cornmeal, made polenta out of it, and it increase the nutri. so you even need less to feed your pawns.
Basicly i prefer Sirfry or Stew for the healing effects and finemeal mood over the Cornbread.

conkikhon

Salted human meat can be made into other foods and feed it to everyone. Tea and coffee give recreation bonus and increase rest is okay, but mood buff without downside is a little too much. I like the fact that most food go bad quickly, so you can't store a huge amount of them in freezer. Bulk stir fry and bulk stew required good logistic supply of indigrents so your cook don't have to run across the map is a nice challenge.

Canute

If you didn't use it allready, look for RimFridge mod.
Then you can build 1x1, 2x1,2x2 fridges.

conkikhon

I have a few question: I see my muffalo eating Grilled Steak, is that a bug? Can I feed my warg lentil and mushroom, or it have to be meat? Thank you.

Canute

No animals like to eat different thing that got a nutri. value. Mosttimes they prefer grass but many report about drunken animals with liver cirosis allready be known. :-)

Some mod's like Animal Logic, Smater food selection or other restrict animals to a special food or don't let them eat random stuff.
Or just exclude you non-hauling animal from the area you store your food.