[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Hydromancerx

Looking great!

I am looking into more Grafting stuff with the Fruit Salad trees. Sadly they are things like Orange, Lemon, Lime or Peach, Plum, Nectarine. So not as useful for this mod that only has one type of Citrus or Stone Fruit.

Kori

The latest update of Garden Dyes causes CE's patch for Area Rugs (your version https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18657.msg450451#msg450451) to fail:

[Combat Extended] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationFindMod(Area Rugs) failed
file: 1631756268\Patches\AreaRugs\Cloth.xml
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ClearCachedPatches()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

This is the content of said patch:

<Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationFindMod">
<mods>
<li>Area Rugs</li>
</mods>
<match Class="PatchOperationSequence">
<operations>

<!-- Keep this synched with the patch for vanilla cloth -->

<li Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[@Name="ClothBase"]/statBases/StuffPower_Armor_Sharp</xpath>
<value>
<StuffPower_Armor_Sharp>0.01</StuffPower_Armor_Sharp>
</value>
</li>

<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[@Name="ClothBase"]/statBases/StuffPower_Armor_Blunt</xpath>
<value>
<StuffPower_Armor_Blunt>0.015</StuffPower_Armor_Blunt>
</value>
</li>

<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[@Name="ClothBase"]/statBases/StuffPower_Armor_Heat</xpath>
<value>
<StuffPower_Armor_Heat>0.044</StuffPower_Armor_Heat>
</value>
</li>

</operations>
</match>
</Operation>

</Patch>

dismar

All fixed. Dropbox and Steam links to fixed mod.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

I use Rimcuisine 2 as well as VG. i know its not recommended since so much overlap. But like it since each have some things that the other doesn't. One thing I wish there was a compatibility patch for was flour. Especially using VG flour to make RC2 Hardtack. Alternatively if RC2 flour could be used for VG baking items. So yeah that's basically the request. Not sure if its possible on your end.

amnesiak77

Hi,
I really like this mod. I have one suggestion. Can you make a need for garden soil and plow soil to be fertilized at least once a year or they loose some fertility over some period of time. Because in real life you also have to add fertilizer at least once a year. It would make much sense. Thanks.

Canute

amnesiak77,
maybe you should look at Fertile Field
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46165.0
That mod add a soil degradation once you havest plants.
So you need to refertilize yours before you want to sow the next.

dismar

Quote from: amnesiak77 on January 01, 2020, 04:02:06 PM
Hi,
I really like this mod. I have one suggestion. Can you make a need for garden soil and plow soil to be fertilized at least once a year or they loose some fertility over some period of time. Because in real life you also have to add fertilizer at least once a year. It would make much sense. Thanks.

It's something That i'd like to do. But the coding is pretty complex to make that happen. For now if you like that level of real. The fertile fields mod does it pretty well.  I may get something like that one day for garden :)

I am currently working on :
-Bee hive spawning on maps with Honey and recipes.
Reworking the food preservation:
-Smokers with meat
-Pickling improvements
New tables and methods for making the above. and other things along those lines.

amnesiak77

Thanks for mod suggestion Canute. I know that mod, but I havent used it yet. I will try it.

@dismar
Keep up the good work. Maybe in some future release.

Panacea

Planter will not plant vgp fruit trees, and right click on the zone with planter selected does not provide option to force planting.  (Actung! installed)
I have Vegetable garden, Garden Medicine, and Garden tools installed, with Veg garden on top of the others.

My planter is lvl 13 planting skill, all zones are set to sowing, fertile 100%, only fruit trees seem to be affected.  all other vanilla and vgp plants (including olive tree) are fine.  I do not have vanilla tree planting researched, but vgp research options are all researched. 
Anyone who takes what I say personally is a f$%@ing idiot.

Canute

You know tree's need a larger growing zone then just 1x1 to be sown (vanilla behavior)?
When there is allready some plants around that growing spot for tree's you can't plant it there.

Panacea

Quote from: Canute on January 11, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
You know tree's need a larger growing zone then just 1x1 to be sown (vanilla behavior)?
When there is allready some plants around that growing spot for tree's you can't plant it there.

My zones are set up 20 sq long and 1 sq wide.  The olive trees are apparently not affected by this. 
Any idea how many sq of zone per tree?

Canute

I think 2x2, but you can try it out self.
Made 3 zones 10x1.
Forbid to sow at the 1. and 3. and plant tree's at the 2.
After the tree's are sown, enable sowing for the 1. and 3. with some simple like rice at example.
And you will notice not at any tile will be sown.

Panacea

You are absolutely right.  Thank you so much for the help and quick reply.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

The 3 Sisters mod is doing great in my game! Thank you!