[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neltnerb

I think (but am not sure) that this is accounted for in the plant stats table's reported nutrition/day, but if you mean that I can store the produce in less space sure =)

dismar

well Red Lentils is always supposed to be lower then most other plants. It is used only as a meat.
The olive tree in your debug says it takes 14 days to grow but in the coding it's set to 10...
But my version and your version of the mod maybe differ. So it might have been a "big" or "balance issue" that has been addressed and not published yet.

I am looking at over hauling the fruit trees in game. Cupro has a great piece of coding that lets  the tree be a tree. And also let you gather the fruit. But that is something I am working with him on and won't be for a while.

Lexmechanic

Hi dismar! Your veg garden has become a fundamental requirement for my enjoyment of Rimworld. Thank you for your work! <3 I have an additional crop suggestion. (I hope I haven't suggested it before, but I can't remember.) In Real Life™, almond milk is another common vegan milk variety and vegan cheeses are often made from tree nuts. I feel like almonds would make a good addition, since a tree-based option for milk/cheese production feels sufficiently different from beans to add another flavor to the world. :)

dismar

Quote from: Lexmechanic on January 08, 2018, 05:00:25 PM
Hi dismar! Your veg garden has become a fundamental requirement for my enjoyment of Rimworld. Thank you for your work! <3 I have an additional crop suggestion. (I hope I haven't suggested it before, but I can't remember.) In Real Life™, almond milk is another common vegan milk variety and vegan cheeses are often made from tree nuts. I feel like almonds would make a good addition, since a tree-based option for milk/cheese production feels sufficiently different from beans to add another flavor to the world. :)
I have almonds in the back of my mind for if and when I get the fruit trees changed out code wise.

dismar

Wheeee lets get this up to date! lol Lots of changes please be careful adding to an existing save!

1/8/18
-Garden
Campfire recipe fix for tools.
Meal Recipes fixed (removed joy)
Drink Recipes fixed (removed nutrition)
Bamboo Plant art
Fine and Lavish has milk and cheese again (not bulk)

-Drinks
Drink Recipes fixed (removed nutrition)

12/31/17
-Drinks
Language file issues
Patch for DeCore

-Vegetable Garden
Patch for Curo's Survivalists
Patch for Decore

12/28/17
-Tools
Terrain patch corrected. Bridges and other mods should work again.
1x1 Modular flower boxes added.

-Vegetable Garden
Silage recipe adjusted
Bulk Silage recipe corrected.
Stuffed Workbenches patch added
Medieval Times patch added for fuels.

-Drinks
Stuffed Workbenches patch added

-Gourmet
Silage patch added.
Fallout Patch added.
Medieval Times patch added for recipes.
Canning meat recipe fixed

-CoffeeTeaDrugs patch
-Fruit Drink added

12/10/17
-Drinks:
Haplos Bee mead and honey added to the barrel system if loaded
Alcohol Precursor Base have their own stockpile zone under drugs now.
Chinese language updated
-Gourmet:
English updated
Canned recipes adjusted
Classic canning machine research added
Recipes for machine adjusted
Chinese language updated
-Garden
New Research for Wild Biome plants

neltnerb

Quote from: dismar on January 08, 2018, 11:58:08 AM
well Red Lentils is always supposed to be lower then most other plants. It is used only as a meat.
The olive tree in your debug says it takes 14 days to grow but in the coding it's set to 10...
But my version and your version of the mod maybe differ. So it might have been a "big" or "balance issue" that has been addressed and not published yet.

Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I thought lentils were off, just that trees seem that way.
I am looking at over hauling the fruit trees in game. Cupro has a great piece of coding that lets  the tree be a tree. And also let you gather the fruit. But that is something I am working with him on and won't be for a while.

Whoa. That sounds amazing!

Ian_Suffix

Hey! I'm starting to transition over to B18 from A17 right now. Is there an all-in-one VGM available for B18? Or will I have to add each part of the mod separately?

Canute

Since the mod got modular, you need to translate most past one by one.
Just the download ist all in one.

Ian_Suffix

Whoa, how'd you know I was sniffing out translations? Ah well, I'll download them one by one.

Canute

Ops, i just misread, transition  -> translation.

Viviox

Dropbox download link is not working.  :'(

dismar

Quote from: Viviox on January 11, 2018, 10:05:05 PM

Hmm seems i've hit my daily download limit. You'll have to try again tomorrow. Sorry about that!

dodviper

Quote from: dismar on January 11, 2018, 10:36:32 PM
Quote from: Viviox on January 11, 2018, 10:05:05 PM

Hmm seems i've hit my daily download limit. You'll have to try again tomorrow. Sorry about that!

Its the other day ( ^^ ).. 'The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. '
Any reason for using dropbox instead if google drive or github? So there is no day we can get your mod now? But you know we love it :/
Or atleast update the files on nexus please.

Canute

dismar,
i just took a first look at the soylent, and i asked myself why does i should use it ?
Soylent green/blue  100 meat * 0,03 nut. vs. 20 soylent * 0,05 nut.
It destroy alot of nutri and for what ? Is there are hiddne bonus/mood i don't saw yet ?
Ok soylent green/purple is good for bad mood meat, but salting meat need less work and keep the same amount of nutri. And salt shouldn't be a big problem.

My suggestion, you use corpses for the production of Soylent, and you are geting half the corpse nutri into Soylent.
Since you need to do research, and the table need power it is just fair.
Maybe a side effect, no bad mood for butchering humans (adv. soylent research).

asquirrel

Hey Dismar!
I'm not able to sell polenta to the traders.  I can sell grilled polenta and baked polenta but not plain old polenta.  Could you give me some troubleshooting tips in case I should be able to do it?  Thanks! :)