[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 12, 2018, 01:23:09 PM
Sweet Turrets.

Hello thanks Dorf I did the correction, also I just remembered your belated congratulations, so thank you for that too, I will go back to my hole and continue updating stuff and have hurting hands due to all the typing

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 12, 2018, 01:27:32 PM
Will Security Tools be its own mod? Maybe release it as a sub mod? =]

Hello, probably not, I will release the Portal Turret as a standalone mod, but not the turrets from Rimmu-Nation since I find it unnecessary

asquirrel

Hey CP!

A17 Umbra Company and the turret mod isn't finished yet, right?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing any of your mods in my game. :)

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: asquirrel on January 12, 2018, 04:26:25 PM
Hey CP!

A17 Umbra Company and the turret mod isn't finished yet, right?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing any of your mods in my game. :)

Umbra Company is not finished, the turrets come with Rimmu-Nation Weapons

Also I just updated Rimmu-Nation weapons for the billionth time, I mispelled Aperture again! Added multibarrel research wall for sentry gun.

asquirrel

Chicken Plucker

did an update, factions are coming soon, Swenzi and Albion have been helping me with stuff, the tanks will explode upon death instead of awkwardly moving around the floor for help like mechanoids, also you will be able to ask the US/British Military to assist you anytime and send friendly raid requests without losing relations unlike outlanders or tribals

Chicken Plucker

Got bad news about DOOM kit, the new Praetor suit textures I decided I wanna finish after all is all missing.

The helmets have been deleted and I must have mistakenly not backed it up, which is not a first. Ouch. Anyway, real sorry to anyone who wanted to see the new armor in use, but it's gone, sadly.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 14, 2018, 01:59:59 AM
Got bad news about DOOM kit, the new Praetor suit textures I decided I wanna finish after all is all missing.

The helmets have been deleted and I must have mistakenly not backed it up, which is not a first. Ouch. Anyway, real sorry to anyone who wanted to see the new armor in use, but it's gone, sadly.

The helmets have been deleted and I must have mistakenly not backed it up, which is not a first. I must have mistakenly not backed it up, not a first. not a first. not a first.

I'm sorry for your loss, but you make it sound pretty funny ;D

SpaceDorf

That is one of the main reasoning to use something like GitHub.

But sorry for your loss from me as well.
Can't you use the uploaded graphics to rescue at least a bit
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 12, 2018, 04:32:24 PM

Also I just updated Rimmu-Nation weapons for the billionth time, I mispelled Aperture again! Added multibarrel research wall for sentry gun.

While your at it.
Aperture is still mispelled in the Changelog  :P :P
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chicken Plucker

Some old faces added to front page in BETA, second post now has old patch notes

To be added: Chainsaw, B18 has broken melee sound effects, need to fix

To be added: Tanks do not explode and instantly die upon death, they get downed like mechanoids, will be sorted later.
Also, tank body parts are still named after centipede body parts, these will be fixed once out of beta.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 14, 2018, 03:08:29 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 14, 2018, 01:59:59 AM

The helmets have been deleted and I must have mistakenly not backed it up, which is not a first. I must have mistakenly not backed it up, not a first. not a first. not a first.

I'm sorry for your loss, but you make it sound pretty funny ;D

Yes, I have lost a dissertation draft before since I thought it was not a good idea to back up a paper that your future depended on, thankfully one note saved it online without my permission

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 14, 2018, 12:31:42 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 12, 2018, 04:32:24 PM

While your at it.
Aperture is still mispelled in the Changelog  :P :P

Okay mang, fine, I updated the turret name as a whole even though it was not  >:(

How is your mod going dorf? I wish to see you release it one day

Also, I have managed to track down 2 surviving textures of the new praetor suit:

It's not too bad, but it sucks I lost the side and back view for the helmet though it's never too late to add them later.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 15, 2018, 10:21:33 PM
Yes, I have lost a dissertation draft before since I thought it was not a good idea to back up a paper that your future depended on, thankfully one note saved it online without my permission

Jesus Christ dude! Get a fucking external that just does an auto backup for you? I got a 4TB WD maybe 4 years ago for like $100. I'm sure they are getting to be dirt cheap nowadays.

asquirrel

Thanks CP for the beta update! :)  With your school files, may I suggest you store them on a remote drive like Dropbox or Google Drive?  You could always encrypt the files in case you are worried about someone stealing your work.

Canute

Hi CP,
i just wanted to test out the Umbra faction, but i got many errors after installing it.
Does it need another mod to work with ? Because i think most of the errors are releted to some weapons/damage types.
https://gist.github.com/5be60fa97d069a5654344b8aa21c0d74

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 10:37:45 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 15, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

Jesus Christ dude! Get a fucking external that just does an auto backup for you? I got a 4TB WD maybe 4 years ago for like $100. I'm sure they are getting to be dirt cheap nowadays.

Oi, stop using the Lord's name in vain >:(

Quote from: asquirrel on January 15, 2018, 10:49:42 PM
Thanks CP for the beta update! :)  With your school files, may I suggest you store them on a remote drive like Dropbox or Google Drive?  You could always encrypt the files in case you are worried about someone stealing your work.

Well, I am using google drive for my mods here, and I do have a hard drive. It's not a matter of having access to these, it's just me if I even bother to back up.

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2018, 07:02:48 AM
Hi CP,
i just wanted to test out the Umbra faction, but i got many errors after installing it.
Does it need another mod to work with ? Because i think most of the errors are releted to some weapons/damage types.
https://gist.github.com/5be60fa97d069a5654344b8aa21c0d74

Hey Canute, I just updated it, found out an old broken update wasn't replaced in Google Drive because my storage was full, now it hopefully works, please delete the old download

This mod uses things from Rimmu-Nation weapons, but it's meant to work on it's own

asquirrel

Hey CP! I tried the Umbra Company yesterday.  Good lord those APCs have a ton of hitpoints and their guns are deadly.   Luckily I am running another mod where I was able to "aquire" some Walkblem charge sniper rifles and associated armor and was able to defeat them with some aggravation.  It was a poison ship event which spawned about 5 apcs, 2 centipedes, a couple of hounds and a vespa (from mechanoids extraordinaire).