[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on January 16, 2018, 11:38:39 AM
Luckily I am running another mod where I was able to "aquire" some Walkblem charge sniper rifles and associated armor and was able to defeat them with some aggravation.

Walking Problem updated his Trading Economy a couple days ago and said that he nerfed the sniper rifle. I haven't tried it out yet since the update, because those weapons ruined a game for me last time. I even capture one from the mining company and go to war with them just for this one pawn. Once I had 2 of them, I could hold off any raid and no one ever gets hurt, just kite enemies forever. Might be worth checking out the updated version though, if you don't want such strong weapons. Only thing is, I wish you could have all of the trade caravans come from just one faction. I already have too many factions from mods, I don't want to add 6 more just to have 6 more factions to trade with. Game is already so bogged down, that's the last I need. Thankfully, you can use RF - Faction Control to turn off all of the traders you don't need. It was really nice being able to sell practically everything I didn't need to one trade for maybe 20K silver, and then always having enough cash on hand to buy 600 components all at once when you need to stock up.

asquirrel

Hey HD!  They are nerfed but they are still pretty badass. If you're going to fight Walkblem at range and they have those sniper rifles you're going to still take some serious damage any may not win the encounter.  My strategy to get weapons is to ambush them with melee guys at the beginning.  They drop their weapons when hit and will have to go toe to toe with your guys.   The walkblem weapons are also a mixed bag.  They can easily destroy loot if they hit the same area again where an enemy pawn had been downed / killed. I've seen them cause so much damage they literally disintegrated the enemy pawn and all the loot.  Thanks for that tip on the RF Faction Control mod.   Going to add it to my 100+ running mods. :)

Harry_Dicks

No problem. Honestly I would recommend all of his mods, they are all must haves for me now: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36687.0

Canute

QuoteHey Canute, I just updated it, found out an old broken update wasn't replaced in Google Drive because my storage was full, now it hopefully works, please delete the old download

This mod uses things from Rimmu-Nation weapons, but it's meant to work on it's own
Ok, a few errors less.
But i think you miss some sound files in the release.

https://gist.github.com/ce6f879b8971c221db097259ef0c9152

And please a line at the mod folder names. At the nation mod you put the B18 at the end, at the Umbra faction at the front.
Maybe add a CP as prefix, and the B18 as suffix.
CP Umbra Company  B18   or
[CP] Umbra Company [B18].

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2018, 01:56:01 PM

Yes I want to fill my hard drive with all sorts of CP abbreviations everywhere ::)

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: asquirrel on January 16, 2018, 11:38:39 AM
Hey CP! I tried the Umbra Company yesterday.  Good lord those APCs have a ton of hitpoints and their guns are deadly.   Luckily I am running another mod where I was able to "aquire" some Walkblem charge sniper rifles and associated armor and was able to defeat them with some aggravation.  It was a poison ship event which spawned about 5 apcs, 2 centipedes, a couple of hounds and a vespa (from mechanoids extraordinaire).

Hey squirrel, I fixed the link, the old one I uploaded didn't have Spudskatr's rogue mechanoids fix, hopefully it's sorted now. I also nerfed APC explosion and bullet resistance weaker then the main battle tank types

QuoteHey Canute, I just updated it, found out an old broken update wasn't replaced in Google Drive because my storage was full, now it hopefully works, please delete the old download

This mod uses things from Rimmu-Nation weapons, but it's meant to work on it's own
Ok, a few errors less.
But i think you miss some sound files in the release.

https://gist.github.com/ce6f879b8971c221db097259ef0c9152

And please a line at the mod folder names. At the nation mod you put the B18 at the end, at the Umbra faction at the front.

You don't know how much typing I had to do, but it's done. Also Steam Workshop uploads have my stuff branded with "CP" and "B18" it just sounds so un-family friendly, but at least the mod-lists look cleaner now

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 16, 2018, 02:02:11 PM

Yes I want to fill my hard drive with all sorts of CP abbreviations everywhere ::)

Only in the about.xml, you should see my steam workshop modlist now, first thing people see is "CP" either they think I'm a narcissist or something else

Canute

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 16, 2018, 06:27:08 PM
You don't know how much typing I had to do, but it's done. Also Steam Workshop uploads have my stuff branded with "CP" and "B18" it just sounds so un-family friendly, but at least the mod-lists look cleaner now

You said it should be a standalone mod, not me ! :-)
I just reported these errors.
You just needed to say, the Rimnu nation mod is required for these.

But good work with both.

Chicken Plucker

Currently re-making War Mongrels uniform. Sorry to those who liked the old Umbra Company and War Mongrels gear that had lots of skulls, but I am reducing the skulls because I am aiming for more realistic uniform for the themes.

New:

Old:

I will also scrap their old patch to something else, so this is a goodbye to the old War Mongrels. (Will probably keep the new design close)

Quote from: asquirrel on January 16, 2018, 06:38:47 PM
Thanks CP! :)

No problem asquirrel, lemme know if you run into anymore issues!

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 03:28:23 AM

You said it should be a standalone mod, not me ! :-)
I just reported these errors.
You just needed to say, the Rimnu nation mod is required for these.

But good work with both.

I was talking about updating all mods to have [CP] and (B18) tags, fixing the faction mod was a lot shorter than going through and updating everything  :P

Canute

I think the Spectre Air bombardment is coming from the Umbra faction.
But you miss to give that item any category, it can't be stored in any stockpile.

Overall the Umbra faction are a nice overall thread. Stronger then raider with vanila weapons but not overpowered strenght like Commando's from Glittertech at example.
Good are that most of them got normal+ quality weapons.

Harry_Dicks

Also Steam Workshop uploads have my stuff branded with "CP" and "B18" it just sounds so un-family friendly

Bwahaha that's great ;D

Chicken Plucker

War Mongrels latest news (cheeki breeki iv damke)

New headgear (so far):

New uniforms:

Serb fatigues (M93)

Telnyashka:

GORKA-4:

Planned features: New helmets, with M93 Serb camo cover. New body armor, tactical harness for this faction and tracksuits.

Current Adidas tracksuit slavic squatting outfit WIP:

Another planned feature, musical instrument, one soldier will play music during a raid.

Returning outfits:

Lastly, War Mongrels leader "Alpha" will be featured in an animated backstory upon Steam Workshop version of this mod is released.
Here is a before and after of her:

Before                       After

To anyone who liked the older style during A17,
the style is evolving towards Slavic style military, with a few touches of modern and advanced gear.
I'm confident that the changes, like with Umbra Company will be positive despite massive amounts of old textures being discarded.

Quote from: Canute on January 18, 2018, 09:43:56 AM
I think the Spectre Air bombardment is coming from the Umbra faction.
But you miss to give that item any category, it can't be stored in any stockpile.

Overall the Umbra faction are a nice overall thread. Stronger then raider with vanila weapons but not overpowered strenght like Commando's from Glittertech at example.
Good are that most of them got normal+ quality weapons.

Thank you for letting me know, I fixed this issue now, the weapon is no longer menu hidden. I thought it would be interesting not to show up, but it seems it stops it from being stocked. I could have destroyed it on drop but that's just no fun.

Harry_Dicks

Chicken Plucker

War Mongrels, utilizing old Russian gear

Latest news, Swenzi has helped me finish an update for tanks. They now explode upon death, not get downed. (Not updated for Umbra Company yet)

Also good news on DOOM chainsaw sounds, O Negative, author of Halo weapons has found a fix thanks to someone who figured out how to make custom melee damage.

Finishing up on textures so I can finally code War Mongrels. I'm gonna have to worry about university too though, new policy says they kick out anyone who misses 4 days in a row, something about budget cuts for absence statistics, I've missed 3 so far. Gotta get up outta hea

Canute

Exploding tanks?
I think you watched to many Hollywood blockbusters when every car crash end into an explosion ! :-)
Sure they can explode but everytime ? And why doesn't wear the melee-soldier some heart monitor MADness vest ?