[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Chicken Plucker

Okay, second complaint about the rocket launchers. I agree its a problem, I did set the rocket heavies ticket cost high, unfortunately though the game likes to spam them anyway (if only I can specify the amount I can spawn without C#)

So here's what I'm gonna do, I will work on a new security measure for Rimmu-Nation or Military Furniture called "trophy system" based on the real life system that shoots projectiles oncoming to a radius that the trophy system protects.

I'm gonna see if I can use the shield belt stuff for a building and make a portable trophy system you can put down anywhere that can cover your units from rockets or bullets. I'll see how it goes

Edit: Second thought, nerfing the launchers for each and every mod may be a simpler step than working on a trophy system (RIP wallet, no moni to pay coder) so I may just nerf the range or accuracy, or both.

Keep in mind, this also means one less effective weapon against enemy tanks, and the next complaint will be "CP, tanks OP, their cannons 2 stronk, I cent kill dem"

The narrator spams UGV fighting vehicles and tanks too, and one day they won't be magically disappearing in explosions, one day in an update they will drop more soldiers for your colony to fight.

Canute

Nerf the accuracy wouldn't help much unless you increase the spread that much that the launcher could hit the shooter's own feets. :-)
It doesn't matter much if the missile hit or miss the target by 1-2 tiles, the area effect still damage them.
Lowering the range to Assault rifle range or lower, would eliminate the threat of them and made them useless.
I think a higher range cooldown, for a slower fire rate is maybe the thing.

They arn't doomsday launcher, when you got a Raid of Blue Moon raiders, with serveral Doomsday launcher, you have much more to fear then when a raid got 2-3 LAW's.
And the vehicles are much more dangerous if they comes in fire range. Or these commando's in special power armor's and Gauss weapons with Area damage.

But basicly i wouldn't change anything, people need to learn how to deal with different threat and not just put up their standard defense line.

But maybe ask some other modder for help about the spawn limit's.

Rezonance

Jokes on you! I don't have factions that use ugvs installed,only leet krew and ghost stalker faction. I can deal with smoke belted riflemen and snipers, but not smoke belted rocket launchers who can just bomb you from a safe distance without much retaliation or counterplay.

It's a relief to hear this news and and response, thanks!

Canute

Let me guess, you just use sandbag defence line, and all your range people cover behind them to shoot at the enemies.
Maybe you should try out some different tactics.
And once you manage to kill them, you got your own launcher.

Madman666

I am inclined to agree with Canute here. With just wallin up and building a simple trapped hallway long enough, you pretty much don't need to worry about rockets, especially if you also ambush them right next to exit with several melee oriented guys and combat pets. If you don't use killboxes, walls and modded turrets it can be incredibly tough, but you still can use pop-in-out tactics with a single large building full of doors, taking potshots at them until they drop. They will do damage to your colony, but you ll still prevail with minimal losses. It can be problematic to deal with when its a siege, but honestly you can just kite them, which forces them to restart their aiming time, while once again taking potshots of opportunity.

I am incredibly lategame now, without using any modded turrets, just trapped hallway, 6 vanilla turrets and 14 well armed people - i didn't have any problems dealing with LAWs, RPGs, grenade launchers and etc still. Only mechanical units still pose a threat (if they get to shoot at you - you're hosed), but for that i use reinforcements, which often bring their own vehicles.

Chicken Plucker

Okay lads. I hear you. The launchers will be untouched.

Plans for trophy system and HESCO walls will be noted down for future updates, so there is at least more defensive measures against these things, but the explanation (by Canute) why launchers shouldnt be nerfed make sense, and I agree.

Expecting to fight a group of launchers or anything up front without much tactics or advanced preparation with only infantry will naturally lead to losses, future features were supposed to take care of this stuff like reinforcements and maybe produceable UGVs, but all that is far away for now.

It's good to hear feedback anyway, because new features can be implemented or tweaked

Madman666

I am really and i mean really looking forward to reinforcement mechanics change and all things tied to it. It creates really nice synergy with Hospitality mod, with you gaining rep with a faction by accepting their parties for rest and medical help and later using said reputation to call for some heavy backup. The only thing that impedes its effectivenes is the lack of control over reinforcements deplyoment and movement - cause from time to time they stumble in from the corner of the map and wander sloowly while fight happens (pirates always run, backup seems to walk leisurely).

Too bad all that stuff is in C# and can't be altered via simple editing.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on June 09, 2018, 02:44:25 PM
I am really and i mean really looking forward to reinforcement mechanics change and all things tied to it. It creates really nice synergy with Hospitality mod, with you gaining rep with a faction by accepting their parties for rest and medical help and later using said reputation to call for some heavy backup. The only thing that impedes its effectivenes is the lack of control over reinforcements deplyoment and movement - cause from time to time they stumble in from the corner of the map and wander sloowly while fight happens (pirates always run, backup seems to walk leisurely).

Too bad all that stuff is in C# and can't be altered via simple editing.

Have no fear until Jecrell disappears, I have a job now, which means commissions will be back soon.

Updates are up, onwards and upwards!

Madman666

How much he requests for his services, by the way, if its not confidential? I am gonna start learning C#, but while am still useless at it, i might as well help out by throwing a few bucks your way, since i am one of the most interested in those reinforcement changes :P

GendutJr

Why i can't extract all your mods?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

GendutJr,
it works fine at my side and i am using 7z (V15.14) too like you.
You either should redownload it, or update your 7z.

GendutJr

tonsrd

---

Do you use Cass-extreme StoryTeller or do you use modded ? ( can you change storyteller mid-game ,ive never tried )

Umbreon117

Quote from: tonsrd on June 15, 2018, 07:49:48 PM
---

Do you use Cass-extreme StoryTeller or do you use modded ? ( can you change storyteller mid-game ,ive never tried )
You definitely can change mid-game.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Madman666

Quote from: tonsrd on June 15, 2018, 07:49:48 PM

No, i don't like Cassandra, she s too predictable. I play mostly Randy, Intense on the start and switch to Extreme midgame.