[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackMKIII

So can someone help with mode, plz. It works fine, classes generates properly, all items present in game, but i cant cast almost all spells with target requirement. For example, i can cast blink, earth sptires etc., but cant magic missle, fireballs\bolts, pawn just do nothin. Got HugsLib JecsTools of last version in right order, and no other mods installed. Sorry for bad english.

Edit: Oh nvm, i redownload all mods and it now works. Leave my post for ppl with same problem.

Elvislives

I would like to assign all mage ability traits to females and physical ability traits to males ala Wheel of Time (sort of).   For fun.  I tried altering the trait defs in your mod using femalecommonality/commonality but it failed... my numbers were too high and still had mixed sex traits.  Don't want it in your mod overall (i.e. not a mod request per se), just for a play through I'm doing.  Are gender specific traits a quick xml change or more code intensive?  Not making a mod request, just want to know how so I can do it on my personal game. Not a modder or programmer.

My only mod request is magical creatures that can be tamed for effective familiars for the different realms.  : )

Love the mod.

Gungnier

I might have found a bug: my paladin tries to mentor magic (on autocast) my faceless and it gives 0 xp but my faceless get frozen after it and just keep standing in one place (if i draft/undraft it go back to normal)

And i found it interesting a faceless can still put 5 points into strength (increase damage of all combat abilities) meanwhile it doesnt even have damaging abilties. What bonus the class gets from it? (i was thinking about it working with copied abilities but then does it work with spells?)

Torann

Quote from: Elvislives on October 22, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
Don't want it in your mod overall (i.e. not a mod request per se), just for a play through I'm doing.  Are gender specific traits a quick xml change or more code intensive?
For this mod, it's code intensive since I've bypassed the xml components of trait generation in order to allow players to adjust the frequency (and removal) of classes within the mod options menu.  Since you've looked in the traits.xml file, you'll notice that all the traits are set with 0 commonality, but still generate in game due to the custom code.

Quote from: Gungnier on October 22, 2018, 04:50:59 PM
I might have found a bug: my paladin tries to mentor magic (on autocast) my faceless and it gives 0 xp but my faceless get frozen after it and just keep standing in one place (if i draft/undraft it go back to normal)

And i found it interesting a faceless can still put 5 points into strength (increase damage of all combat abilities) meanwhile it doesnt even have damaging abilties. What bonus the class gets from it? (i was thinking about it working with copied abilities but then does it work with spells?)
Well Paladin = mage and Faceless = fighter and fighters can't mentor mages or mages mentor fighters so that's why it does nothing.  It is a bug that the faceless doesn't immediately break out of the training though, so ill have that fixed and make sure it's generating a message to inform the player of what I just told you.

Strength will still apply to copied fighter abilities (that use strength in their calculations), but isn't used in spells.

Gungnier

You maybe misunderstood what i tried to tell (I'm not a natice english speaker).The mentor magic bug: i didnt click or anything it was on autocast so until i disabled it my paladin automatically went to my faceless when the training was off cooldown and tried to train it but it didnt do anything so my paladin went on his way but my faceless just stood in place doing nothing so if i let it will just stay in that spot for an eternity.

HSneak

Quote from: BlackMKIII on October 21, 2018, 09:04:40 AM
So can someone help with mode, plz. It works fine, classes generates properly, all items present in game, but i cant cast almost all spells with target requirement. For example, i can cast blink, earth sptires etc., but cant magic missle, fireballs\bolts, pawn just do nothin. Got HugsLib JecsTools of last version in right order, and no other mods installed. Sorry for bad english.

Edit: Oh nvm, i redownload all mods and it now works. Leave my post for ppl with same problem.

Just to be precise, it's the "JecsTools" mod that had an update which fixed the issue (v 1.1.0.9) [I first thought it was this mod itself that required to be re-downloaded again]

crusader2010

One more thing about the Earth Sprites: are they supposed to mine tiles that are not marked for mining?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Canute

Yes.
But it would be a nice feature if spites prefer marked tiles.

yehoa

MOD is great! it's totally another game with this MOD
but, how to deal with the extra points after the full level
is there any way to handle the upgrade after the full level?
about 100+
especially the magic system

Gungnier

By the way currently if i dont get a priest as a starting pawn (by randomizing for like 5 minute). I found it extremely hard to get, probably cuz its non-violent i never seen it in raiders for capture so the only way to get it by wanderer joins (which i never had the luck to) or get the book from traders or events. And even traders can be hard cuz sometimes the "magic" faction is hostile to you by default and it has lower spawn rate on the world map so they can be pretty far to trade. It would be nice to have some special event maybe like a preacher join or a rescue quest which tells you its especially a priest. Maybe have a special orbital trader like a "Collector" which buys exotic stuff and sells weird exotics which includes magic stuff and "holy" artifacts, it could have a more generous amount of magicyte too. Maybe a rare wandering antiquarian trader which sells exlusively scrolls and scripts.

In my general experience its really rare to get events where you get a torn or full book for class traits in the early game when you actually want it but in the endgame the game start to throw it at you i even got events where it was giving me 5 different torn scripts when i was at 15+ pawns in my colony.

I played a lot nowadays and i observed after a lot of colonies mages tend to level up significantly faster (about 20%-30%) compared to physical classes, in my opinion the main reason for it you simply use mage abilities more often compared to physical ones and mage abilities tend to use more "resource" in one go. This could be solved by making the passive xp gain higher and the skill use lower (its cheesy anyway to spam abilities like paladin shield or summoner minion to get high level very fast). or balance it by giving more xp after the physical ability use.

Canute

Since there are many classes, and many other traits the chances get low for the right things you want.
I suggest to use EdB Prepare Carefully
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases
Then you can modify the traits like you want.

Yes Physicals level at their own lower, but since stamina regen much faster, you can/should use their abilities more during their daily task.

Gungnier

Quote from: Canute on October 26, 2018, 06:33:04 AM
Since there are many classes, and many other traits the chances get low for the right things you want.
I suggest to use EdB Prepare Carefully
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases
Then you can modify the traits like you want.

Yeah i know i just emphasized priest cuz its always non violent so you can't see it in raids and in rimworld thats where you get most of your pawns normally.

Jan2607

How high is the chance that a disabling shot misses? I have a really good sniper, but most of the disabling shots are missing. And because of the high cooldown, many enemies I wanted to capture are gone.

Greenfist

Loving the mod Torann, just an incredibly fun, game-changing mod that changes the entirety of Rimworld with an added magicial twist.

A suggestion I have about the  Ranger class is how abusive the animal bond skill can be. Specifically  how you're able to animal bond caravan animals making you able to essentially "steal" their items. Another one I noticed that can be abused is how you're able to keep your bonded animal if you bond with another one while your current is out on a caravan. Both are pretty crazy as you're able to get some pretty insane items from caravans and also keep your bonded animal with the added ranger bond bonus.(though of course your wealth will go up immensely making the game harder if you're unprepared.)

NeoSono

anyone else having errors and hang ups since today?

Explosion could not affect cell (35, 0, 180): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight.DoReversal (Verse.DamageInfo) <0x0008c>
at TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight.PostPreApplyDamage (Verse.DamageInfo,bool&) <0x00951>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.PreApplyDamage (Verse.DamageInfo&,bool&) <0x000cc>
at Verse.Pawn.PreApplyDamage (Verse.DamageInfo&,bool&) <0x00025>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing.TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo) <0x00220>
at Verse.DamageWorker.ExplosionDamageThing (Verse.Explosion,Verse.Thing,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.IntVec3) <0x00558>
at Verse.DamageWorker.ExplosionAffectCell (Verse.Explosion,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,bool) <0x005c6>
at Verse.Explosion.AffectCell (Verse.IntVec3) <0x0019a>
at Verse.Explosion.Tick () <0x00156>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Explosion:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I didn't have any problems yesterday but the first raid today is unplayable because my game hangs and throws errors pretty often. did the update to jesc tools mess something up or whats going on?

edit: and another one. tried to resurrect an android, which may not be possible? the grafic is stuck now and another error.

Exception ticking Projectile_Resurrection870589 (at (36, 0, 180)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ResurrectionUtility.ResurrectWithSideEffects (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Resurrection.Impact (Verse.Thing hitThing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.ImpactSomething () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Resurrection.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()