[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

I usually base liches on the order of the stick, so maybe I'm biased =P

Perhaps the mod needs a new joy source? One which slowly trains magical power, and is extra joy-y for wizard pawns.

Toketsu

Quote from: henk on January 01, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
I usually base liches on the order of the stick, so maybe I'm biased =P

Perhaps the mod needs a new joy source? One which slowly trains magical power, and is extra joy-y for wizard pawns.

I say we wait until the mod is more developed. Research itself could provide joy, since most mages like learning stuff. Depending on the person, the same could be said to using spells. There could also be a spell that summons a temporary joy source, that can only be used by mages. Something like a Magical Rubik's cube or something.

Torann

Quote from: Toketsu on January 01, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
Also, as for the Eye of the storm spell, is it intended for the caster to get hit by the spell right after casting? Becuase if it is, then it's the most useless spell ever. Making pawns blind for the sake of dealing some damage isn't worth it o-o
The Eye of the Storm spell never directly strikes its master, however, it searches for 2 things - buildings and pawns.  It can and will strike friendly pawns.  So, it's important when casting the spell to stand away from structures, large trees, other pawns etc... otherwise the caster has a chance to be hit by discharging electricity.

Toketsu

Quote from: Torann on January 01, 2018, 11:03:49 AM
Quote from: Toketsu on January 01, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
Also, as for the Eye of the storm spell, is it intended for the caster to get hit by the spell right after casting? Becuase if it is, then it's the most useless spell ever. Making pawns blind for the sake of dealing some damage isn't worth it o-o
The Eye of the Storm spell never directly strikes its master, however, it searches for 2 things - buildings and pawns.  It can and will strike friendly pawns.  So, it's important when casting the spell to stand away from structures, large trees, other pawns etc... otherwise the caster has a chance to be hit by discharging electricity.
I don't remember ever being in an open field of any kind in this game, unless i'm playing on sea ice biome. A fix i can think of is making the caster immune to that spell for 2s after casting. That would solve all problems.

billyma6

Hi, Torann, you said to see the Lightning's Eye of the Storm level-up thing, we needed to reset powers? I'm in Godmode but I still can't see any "reset powers" button.

Harry_Dicks

Finally getting around to checking this mod out today, it looks so awesome. Now if only we could get a clothing mod with some robes, wizard hats, mage staffs, etc. ;)

Also, in the screenshot from the Steam posting, where do the teleport pods come from?

Torann

Quote from: billyma6
Hi, Torann, you said to see the Lightning's Eye of the Storm level-up thing, we needed to reset powers? I'm in Godmode but I still can't see any "reset powers" button.
Hmm, if you're not playing with a vertical resolution of 900 or greater, it can hide the top portion of the magic pane...

Quote from: Harry_Dicks
Also, in the screenshot from the Steam posting, where do the teleport pods come from?
Teleport pods are created by the teleport spell.  They are only temporary and will last no more than 2.5 minutes.

Torann

Quote from: Toketsu on January 01, 2018, 11:29:18 AM
I don't remember ever being in an open field of any kind in this game, unless i'm playing on sea ice biome. A fix i can think of is making the caster immune to that spell for 2s after casting. That would solve all problems.
The tree thing was a joke.  But it will strike walls/sandbags/roofs.  I'll probably just add a brief period where it will strike nothing to give it time to fly away from the caster.

billyma6

Quote from: Torann on January 01, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
Hmm, if you're not playing with a vertical resolution of 900 or greater, it can hide the top portion of the magic pane...

Quote from: Harry_Dicks
Teleport pods are created by the teleport spell.  They are only temporary and will last no more than 2.5 minutes.

Ohh, my resolution only goes up to around 700. I don't have any other resolution options so I think it's permanently locking me out of that. Any tips?

Torann

I'm condensing the card to fit on the smallest resolution size and will be included in the next patch.

henk

Quote from: billyma6 on January 01, 2018, 05:04:40 PM
Ohh, my resolution only goes up to around 700. I don't have any other resolution options so I think it's permanently locking me out of that. Any tips?

You can switch the window to windowed mode and try to increase it vertically to taller than your monitor.

Or rotate your display 90 degrees, if you have that option.

billyma6

Quote from: henk on January 01, 2018, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: billyma6 on January 01, 2018, 05:04:40 PM

You can switch the window to windowed mode and try to increase it vertically to taller than your monitor.

Or rotate your display 90 degrees, if you have that option.

I've tried those. Neither of them worked, so I have zero clue what to do.

Toketsu

Quote from: Torann on January 01, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
Welp, rip my trashy monitor that goes up to 1360x768 ;-;

Quote from: Torann on January 01, 2018, 05:42:58 PM
I'm condensing the card to fit on the smallest resolution size and will be included in the next patch.
Oh, good to hear o-o

Edit: Yup, you really should make that fix for eye of the storm. Two of my colonists just got downed (the caster included) without the enemy even touching me.
Don't get me wrong though - spells hurting allies and even the caster should be added, but not in this case. I'd say spells more on the 'dark' side of magic should do that kind of stuff.

Canute

Torann,
currently i got a problem with crashed psychic/poison ships. The game stoped when i shoot at the ship to spawn the mechs.
I need to shutdown the game. And since i can't find a hint at the output_log.txt i don't have a hint about this so far.

So i just destroyed the ship part and spawn a raid insted. I just execute  "ArcaneEnemyRaid" and notice it will spawn mechanoids.
So i want to ask you, these "ArcaneEnemyRaid" comes from this mod, and does it can cause problems to the droped ship events ?

Edit:
Ok, it can't be this mod either. Someone else at the general got the same problem and don't use this mod.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38002.0
Ok, lets look at the next mod.

billyma6

I'm currently having an issue with what looks like something about spawning a minion? Here, look at the logs, thanks!
https://gist.github.com/49f10c8b0ee3fd5d301ed70d45aea4ce

It appears every tick and doesn't look like it's going away soon.