[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Just did a quick update to include the mage marking option you guys came up with.  It'll put an icon on any AI pawns that are mages.  Great idea!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Torann on January 15, 2018, 01:19:50 PM
Just did a quick update to include the mage marking option you guys came up with.  It'll put an icon on any AI pawns that are mages.  Great idea!

Dude! Hell yeah!!! ;D

I just made a post elsewhere asking about a mod like that, but you are over here making dreams come true! Now if only you could just have a small sub-mod, where you could pick and choose what traits or health conditions you want to be notified of when they enter your map. The reason I ask about health conditions, is because maybe you have a bionics recovery from dead people mod, and you want to scavenge any bionic legs raiders might have. Or vampirism is a health condition from Rim of Madness, so you want to see them too. Or other traits, like werewolves, joggers, brawlers, psychopaths, whatever you want!

blizzardwolf420

Quote from: Torann on January 15, 2018, 11:34:29 AM
Quote from: blizzardwolf420 on January 14, 2018, 08:48:27 PM
so torran any idea whats causing the conflict with your mod and the rim of madness mod? it seems to conflict with a bunch of errors , I tested all my mods and rim of madness seems to be the only one that really tosses up any errors with your mod. A shame really I really wanted to use these mods together but ill have to just stick with your mod for now till someone can figure out what the conflict is, based on the errors given it seems to be someone with jecstools.

I play with all the ROM mods and don't have any issues.  Like Canute said, best bet is to make sure your mods are up-to-date and all supporting mods (like jecs tools and hugslib) are also up-to-date.  Also check your mod load order to make sure supporting mods are loaded first.
If you still have issues, I'd recommend deleting the entire folder for each mod your having issues with - sometimes mod developers reorganize or recompile differently but it'll leave old files that can conflict.
you guys were right, i havnt updated hugs and jecs  in a month  so an update fixed all my issues i had. stupid me should have done that first.

Harry_Dicks

Can the arcane mage use their teleport spells for going from 1 colony to another?

Canute

They work basicly like transport pods, so yes if the other colony is in range.

Canute

It is just me or does the teleport spell don't work with 1.7.1
Exception ticking Projectile_Teleport260110: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.SingleSpawnLoop (AbilityUser.SpawnThings spawnables, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.Impact (Verse.Thing hitThing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.ImpactSomething () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

HerrColonel

Hello I tried this mod yesterday and I love it so far, but does someone knows where is the mana or stamina displayed? Sorry if this has been answered already I didnt feel like reading the 6 pages of discussion

Torann

Quote from: HerrColonel on January 17, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
Hello I tried this mod yesterday and I love it so far, but does someone knows where is the mana or stamina displayed? Sorry if this has been answered already I didnt feel like reading the 6 pages of discussion
Mana and Stamina show in the Need tab for each character that has become a magic or combat class.

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 10:41:38 AM

I've had no issue with teleport, can you give me some more info on where this was cast; does this happen every time?

HerrColonel

Canute

Quote from: Torann on January 17, 2018, 01:16:48 PM
Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 10:41:38 AM
I've had no issue with teleport, can you give me some more info on where this was cast; does this happen every time?
Currently i got plenty of warnings on startup. I though its about the change you mention about the teleport.
But maybe you forget to add something at the 1.7.1 release.
But now i think thats the reason why the teleport don't work.
https://gist.github.com/91de07830d7a79a500013fbd8ffdc8c9

I use latest jecstools and deleted allways the old TMagic folder before i unzip it into mods.

Edit:
Ok, moved TMagic at the end of the modlist and the teleport warning disappeared.
And then the teleport is working.

henk

This mod gets more and more interesting... I noticed two visitors fist fighting, but when I went back to check if any of them needed saving, I only saw one wounded. When I clicked on it, its wounds were gone and it only said "regenerating". The visitors had both a paladin and a druid, who healed their wounded comrades. Looking forward to seeing raiders in action!

On a side note, the magic-user icon disappears when you pause the game.

Edit : Is there any problem that Summon doesn't solve?

Invaders coming fast? Summon them one at a time.
Enemies hiding behind cover? Summon.
Ally downed near enemies? Summon.
Slow-walking visitor getting downed on the way out? Walk ahead of him and Summon him.

Forget all the nukes. Summon is the best spell.

Canute

Hehe for any tarvern fight, keep your paladin buddy close to you ! :-)
Or have a druid girlfriend at home.
But beware to start a social fight with her ! :-)

Toketsu

I've been rather busy recently, so i ended up not adding more to the notepad. Thanks to that, i got out of tune with the ideas, so i'll post them as they were written, meaning that there's only a handful of things. Discussion on the boss mechanics would be great.

Bosses

Bosses are rare monsters that sometimes spawn. Some of them spawn as a result of events, other as a result of something that triggered the spawn, while others must be spawned manually (be it by players or AI). When spawned, the player gains a red letter message, which pauses the game and informs which boss spawned, and the option to lead the camera there. There can only be one boss active at a time, but if more are spawned or the trigger activates while one is alive, as soon as the first boss ends, the next one will spawn. Each boss will have it's own special drops. Bosses only start spawning after the first year. If playing on extreme difficulty mode, bosses can start spawning on day 5. No triggers/spawns will activate before this period, as to not have massive boss waves once they can spawn. All bosses have an 'enrage' mode, which is triggered when something is or is not done (depends on the boss). Enrage mode is a permanent buff that causes the boss to deal 2x damage and take only 25% damage. All bosses can drop a special, very rare boss statue related to the corresponding boss. These statues provide a 1% boost to every stat for all colonists and allies in the map while placed down. You do not get another 1% boost for having the same statue twice (to avoid people farming easy-to-spawn bosses). Stacks up to 30 times (30 different statues), albeit it's very unlikely that anyone will get this amount without cheating.
Note: Drops on these ideas will also include items that i have previously mentioned in other idea posts. If they it doesn't really matter if they aren't added, i'm adding to the idea for the sake of adding. All bosses will also have between 1 and 4 unique drops, which aren't dropped/gained anywhere else.

I will not provide boss names on these idea posts, as names are the hardest part of getting ideas to be complete (for me). I will simply name them stuff like "Boss 1" or something related to their ability, like "Eater boss".

Eater boss
This boss is spawned by leaving too many humanlike corpses around. Every corpse adds a 1% chance of the boss spawning at midnight, everyday. This boss starts out as weak as a human, but each corpse it eats (humanlike or animal) increases it's strength by 30%. Rotting/dessicated animal corpses cannot be eaten, although humanlike ones can. This boss has the ability to pick up and use weapons, as well as it can use necromancer spells.
Enrage mode is activated by not eating any corpse in 30 seconds. This boss spawns near a random corpse that it can eat.
This boss may drop one of the following: Necromancer tome (rare), spell scroll (higher chance of necromancer spells), a low-tier magic weapon, 5 mana potions or the Consume Corpse spell scroll (rare/unique drop).

Spells

High Voltage (thunder/scroll)
Targetted spell usable on buildings and built floors. Casting on a metallic building or floor will cause electricity to spread to tiles connected via metal. Lower damage the farther it is from the spot it was cast on. Targets with bionic body parts take extra damage. Metals that don't conduct electricity well will mostly be unaffected by this spell.

Consume Corpse (necromancer/boss scroll) (Paladins cannot learn this)
This spell can be used on humanlike corpses or animal corpses (neither can be dessicated or rotting) for a 40% and 20% mana gain respectively. The corpse will vanish, and the pawn that cast it will gain any mood buffs/debuffs related to eating raw corpses (depending on their traits). Necromancers will also have a 1% chance of gaining a skill point. Costs 0 mana to cast, long cooldown.
Edit: I didn't know this was already an spell as i haven't played rimworld since before necromancers got added o-o Just saw it in-game.

Classes

Hero (mana and stamina)
The Hero class cannot be learned. Faction leaders will have a 25% chance to have this class. This class starts out weak, with no skills or spells. It can learn any spell and skill that have a scroll - but cannot learn anything that doesn't have a scroll version. Heroes are the primary target of enemies (must be in sight). Heroes are basically a jack of all trades, and master of none.

Items

Magic Handcuffs
Makes it so the pawn cannot cast magic until it's removed. Can only be removed with magic from another pawn. Good for magical prisoners. Can only be equipped by humanoids.

Other

Make it so pawns with Alzheimer have a small chance of forgetting learnt scroll spells, with the chance triggering every x days.

Edit: I can't seem to be able to level up Phase Strike's skills, other than the main one.

Error i get when i try to use Teleport spell:

Exception ticking Projectile_Teleport79552: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.SingleSpawnLoop (AbilityUser.SpawnThings spawnables, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.Impact (Verse.Thing hitThing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.ImpactSomething () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.Projectile_Teleport.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

billyma6

Quote from: Toketsu on January 18, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
I will not provide boss names on these idea posts, as names are the hardest part of getting ideas to be complete (for me). I will simply name them stuff like "Boss 1" or something related to their ability, like "Eater boss".

Eater boss
This boss is spawned by leaving too many humanlike corpses around. Every corpse adds a 1% chance of the boss spawning at midnight, everyday. This boss starts out as weak as a human, but each corpse it eats (humanlike or animal) increases it's strength by 30%. Rotting/dessicated animal corpses cannot be eaten, although humanlike ones can. This boss has the ability to pick up and use weapons, as well as it can use necromancer spells.
Enrage mode is activated by not eating any corpse in 30 seconds. This boss spawns near a random corpse that it can eat.
This boss may drop one of the following: Necromancer tome (rare), spell scroll (higher chance of necromancer spells), a low-tier magic weapon, 5 mana potions or the Consume Corpse spell scroll (rare/unique drop).

For that one, what about something menacing like "Consumer of Souls" or something like that?

I'd like to say I'm not that bad at naming stuff.

Canute

Toketsu,
i think you got the same error i encounter too.
Do you got yellow warning about teleport when you start the game ?
Could you please use Share log button and post the link, i want compare the mods that follow TMagic.

Move TMagic at the end of the modlist that solved the issue for me at last.