[B18] Nature's Pretty Sweet: Weather and Environment Mod

Started by tkkntkkn, November 25, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quakerpuss

Quote from: Lethe on March 14, 2018, 01:31:57 PM
Quote from: Azaakx on March 13, 2018, 10:06:43 PM
Good night for all, hmm im very noobish in the terms of coding , and even speaking another language, okay straight to the point,i was tracking the same issue related to the plants "disappearing " , and verify that they disappear whenever a creature step on the plants looking hmm "up"? to the north , and west , so... this could be the problem?

https://imgur.com/a/qNjX0

sorry for bad english

Yeah, that section deals with pawns ruining plants by walking through it.

Here's a link to a version where I implemented some her current changes in. While the author did not officially release a usable non-steam version with her March updates yet, I did wade through her broken March source she released and added some of the fixes she made to the last working non-steam version she released. (Such as not having animals or your colonists ruin crops by walking through them.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shrbovkk55xpbn4/rimworld_tkkn_nps.rar?dl=1

The primary purpose of those walking paths seems to be intended for snow paths.

Thank you for the fix! I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why my sowing wasn't working.

Windsilk

Hey just got this mod today and I've been loving the redwood forest biome. Unfortunately I'm suffering from the sowing bug as well. I tried the patch on the previous page and it hasn't fixed it. Not sure if it helps but it's effecting my main grower who has 11 growing as soon as she starts the job. I took growing off her work permissions and gave it to another random colonist with only 4 growing and she can sow just fine. So maybe it's got something to do with the speed? Either way it might be a temporary fix for others having trouble until the problem is found.

Canute

Windsilk,
which version did you download and use ?
Dropbox and Nexus don't got updated for a long time.
Only steam got updates, and then you should use the steam discussion since i don't saw the mod auther here for a long time.

Windsilk

Quote from: Canute on March 18, 2018, 03:53:06 AM
Windsilk,
which version did you download and use ?
Dropbox and Nexus don't got updated for a long time.
Only steam got updates, and then you should use the steam discussion since i don't saw the mod auther here for a long time.

I'm referring to the fixes Lethe posted on the 14th that tried to add in some of the fixes from the steam update

Hydromancerx

Quote from: twisted067 on March 16, 2018, 12:07:31 AM
Is there a way in dev mode to reset the water freezing in cold weather? All my water has frozen over last winter and will not unfreeze, no matter how warm it gets, and it gets really hot. Any ideas?

Yeah I got this too as well as my hot and cold springs have turned into normal shallow water. :(

Lethe

Quote from: Windsilk on March 17, 2018, 11:22:53 PM
Hey just got this mod today and I've been loving the redwood forest biome. Unfortunately I'm suffering from the sowing bug as well. I tried the patch on the previous page and it hasn't fixed it. Not sure if it helps but it's effecting my main grower who has 11 growing as soon as she starts the job. I took growing off her work permissions and gave it to another random colonist with only 4 growing and she can sow just fine. So maybe it's got something to do with the speed? Either way it might be a temporary fix for others having trouble until the problem is found.

Azaakx's issue seemed to be humans and/or animals walking through their fields and destroying their planted crops. Is that the issue you're still seeing present? It sounds like you're having a different issue with one colonist having issues sowing. Can all of your other colonists sow? If you spawn in a new pawn in dev mode, can they sow?

If you're still seeing destroyed crops due to them being trampled: Are you currently experiencing your sowing issue in a redwood forest biome? If you have another colony in a vanilla/core biome, could you load that colony and let me know if you're still seeing the issue present there. Are you running any other mods that affect harvests or crops or biomes? Including any that merely adds additional ones.

Windsilk

Quote from: Lethe on March 18, 2018, 08:03:38 PM
Just to verify some stuff to try and help you, are you currently experiencing your sowing issue in a redwood forest biome? If you have another colony in a vanilla/core biome could you load that colony and let me know if you're still seeing the issue present there?

Azaakx's issue seemed to be human and/or animals walking through their fields and destroying their planted crops. Is that the issue you're still seeing present?

Are you running any other mods that affect harvests or crops or biomes? Including any that merely adds additional ones.

I haven't noticed if it's occurring when people walk through the fields but it doesn't seem to be, when I had the lower skilled grower sowing the fields seemed like they worked just fine.  The issue is when my better grower was sowing the progress bar for the tile would get 3/4ths of the way full and then start over in a endless loop, eventually this started happening to my worse grower once she hit 5 skill in growing as well.

My current game is in the redwood forest biome, when I first started having the issue I tested a few things.  I loaded a older save from before I had the mod where I was living in a temperature forest and it was happening there too.  I also have vegetable garden installed so I tried taking that out of my mod list and it didn't help the issue in either biome.  The issue seems to occur regardless of crop type, tried with grass, rice, and cotton.  When I take this mod out of my list the problem goes away altogether on the older save.  After that I tried your patch and it didn't seem to change.

Runelea

I was wondering, could someone who is a bit better with tweaking mods dummy out the weather components of the mod? Would like to use it for just the extra biomes, expecially due to some of the bugs getting reported. Please and thankie.

twisted067

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 18, 2018, 03:12:28 PM
Is there a way in dev mode to reset the water freezing in cold weather? All my water has frozen over last winter and will not unfreeze, no matter how warm it gets, and it gets really hot. Any ideas?

Yeah I got this too as well as my hot and cold springs have turned into normal shallow water. :(

Yeah, it sucks. I'm a few years in and now that save is pretty much ruined...
Any ideas for fixing this? I tried several things from the dev console

Jernfalk

Quote from: twisted067 on March 19, 2018, 05:14:49 AM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 18, 2018, 03:12:28 PM

Yeah, it sucks. I'm a few years in and now that save is pretty much ruined...
Any ideas for fixing this? I tried several things from the dev console

Rainbeau's Fertile fields allows terraforming. This could be used to remove the ice.

LizardsOnCrack

Quote from: Jernfalk
Rainbeau's Fertile fields allows terraforming. This could be used to remove the ice.
Didn't work when I tried it, the "ice" was a custom type of tile that FF didn't recognize as something to terraform. I uninstalled this because I wasn't able to build things properly without going in and changing every tile manually with dev tools whenever something broke. That and the weird tree branch snow texture, would be great to know what all has been changed if anything since the A17 release. Been using Biomes! to get some similar stuff but I'd love to use this mod again without all the problems I had before.

Canute

FF only can change plain vanilla terrains (and a few others), so it is pretty useless with this mod.

quakerpuss

So I'm playing on a lava biome and steam vents keep appearing indoors and cooking my colonists before I can even notice, all of a sudden a room will just go 120 degrees Fahrenheit and there's nothing I can really do but just abandon that room until the steam vent disappears.

Jernfalk

Quote from: quakerpuss on March 24, 2018, 03:28:30 AM
So I'm playing on a lava biome and steam vents keep appearing indoors and cooking my colonists before I can even notice, all of a sudden a room will just go 120 degrees Fahrenheit and there's nothing I can really do but just abandon that room until the steam vent disappears.

Is that even a bug? I mean, I'd expect that if I lived in a volcano.

Modo44

Have you considered adding snow on plant textures to this mod (similar to Snowy Trees, which doesn't seem to fully work anymore)?