[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Another small update:

Giddy-up Ride and roll -> v18.1.10
- Fixed compatibility problem with the Trading Economy mod. Prevented errors when tamed and trained Walkblem vehicles are used to "ride and roll".
- Fixed potential errors that can appear when an animal with no job is right clicked.

This will be the last update for a while, so I can focus on finishing the mod I'm working on.

Roolo

Oops, I didn't keep my word. Another small update:

Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v18.1.11
- Fixed compatibility problem with the new Androids mod that caused lag and pawns to get stuck. Both mods are now fully compatible.

I really like the new Androids mod so I couldn't stand the incompatibility problem. Hence this small update.

Madman666

Got an error, here's the link to pastebin code: https://pastebin.com/aTvkQHyc, so as to not clutter here. I am also getting mounted pawns stuck in place and aren't able to move at all until i draft-undraft them. Sadly i only found them stuck when i get major break alert because they go hungry.

I have crapton of different mods, so it might be some kind of incompatibility though.

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on May 29, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
Got an error, here's the link to pastebin code: https://pastebin.com/aTvkQHyc, so as to not clutter here. I am also getting mounted pawns stuck in place and aren't able to move at all until i draft-undraft them. Sadly i only found them stuck when i get major break alert because they go hungry.

I have crapton of different mods, so it might be some kind of incompatibility though.

Thanks for reporting. Could you provide the hugslib log using ctrl+f12 or by clicking the green "share log" button? Preferably with the error in it but also fine without the error in case you cannot reproduce it (as long as it's the same game). Hugslib appends information including your mod list which I can use to track down the conflicting mod.

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on May 30, 2018, 02:05:34 AM
Thanks for reporting. Could you provide the hugslib log using ctrl+f12 or by clicking the green "share log" button? Preferably with the error in it but also fine without the error in case you cannot reproduce it (as long as it's the same game). Hugslib appends information including your mod list which I can use to track down the conflicting mod.

Sure thing, i will have some time to play tomorrow evening and will do what you asked, once error fires again. As for pawns getting stuck - i have my suspicion that it has something to do with "Share the load" - awesome mod, that allow several people to access same stockpile and also haul things to same blueprint (i get yellow console messages saying something about reservation toils and similar jumbo, will also post those too). I think its somehow messes pawn's reservation\ride to resource job.

Roolo

My following mod "What The Hack!?" is nearing completion, and I need testers. It's an elaborate implementation of mechanoid hacking! Find out how you can help me here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41629.0

Why is this related to Giddy-up? Well that shouldn't be too hard to figure out :)

Madman666

Ok, as i promised i encountered that same error again and tried using HugsLib share log thingy, but it throws an error about "timing out" all the time, so i just used pastebin again, but this time copied my full log in there. I hope its enough to tell something significant about whats going on there.

Here's the link: https://pastebin.com/S65nvcHg

Canute

The error show that you didn't update Hugslib, any other mod you didn't check for update lately ? :-)

Madman666

I use Steam, so they all should be up to date, man. Unless authors didn't update it on Steam Workshop, that is. Or I guess Workshop could have derped again. Will resub to HugsLib and see if it improves my luck.

Canute

Sorry i have no clue if hugslib didn't got update on steam.
But the timing issue with hugslib reports got fixed with awhile ago.

Roolo

Thanks for reporting again. The hugslib timeout error just says it timed out trying to reach the server. Possibly due to unreliable internet connection, server issues, or maybe the file being to big (I don't think it's too big though), or other things I'm not aware of. So I don't think it's necessarily due to the version you're running. Well I can probably fix the problem without the hugslib log by adding some other null checks, but I won't be able to understand where it comes from and what mod is conflicting. All I can see now is that the animal is trying to get the riders target so it can potentially attack is, but the target doen't contain all the information it expects. I'll look into it.

projectew

Roolo, I know the problems with mounted combat and CE are well-documented and, as you say, difficult to ix on your end. As a temporary fix, would it be possible to simply disable projectiles fired by the rider hitting the mounted animal? I love your mods, especially this series, but I currently have to micromanage every battle by forbidding mounted combat because my animals *always* get shot. I know that CE replaces the projectile damage system with its ballistic model, so maybe there's nothing you can do in terms of a patch. If that's the case, I suppose I should pose this same question to CE's author instead?

Thanks for all your work, and I'm really looking forward to your newest mod, What the Hack!

Edit: I'd also like to mention that even with the "No mounted hunting" option enabled, my hunters still ride animals to hunt and end up shooting them to death :(

Roolo

Quote from: projectew on June 11, 2018, 09:25:06 PM
Roolo, I know the problems with mounted combat and CE are well-documented and, as you say, difficult to ix on your end. As a temporary fix, would it be possible to simply disable projectiles fired by the rider hitting the mounted animal? I love your mods, especially this series, but I currently have to micromanage every battle by forbidding mounted combat because my animals *always* get shot. I know that CE replaces the projectile damage system with its ballistic model, so maybe there's nothing you can do in terms of a patch. If that's the case, I suppose I should pose this same question to CE's author instead?

Thanks for all your work, and I'm really looking forward to your newest mod, What the Hack!

Edit: I'd also like to mention that even with the "No mounted hunting" option enabled, my hunters still ride animals to hunt and end up shooting them to death :(

I'm surprised I only got a few complaints about this. Some people talked about Ride and Roll with the hunter issue, but you're actually the first one to talk about Battle Mounts in combination with CE, while I can imagine the issue can be quite annoying. After I finished the mod I'm currently working on, I'll take a look at making a combat extended compatibility patch for both Giddy-up and also RunAndGun. I hope to finish the other mod this week, so you'll have to wait a bit.

Quotebut I currently have to micromanage every battle by forbidding mounted combat because my animals *always* get shot
You do mean the riders shoot their own mounts right? Or do you mean something else?

projectew