[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on January 03, 2018, 02:46:09 PM

I wish you luck then. That indeed sounds very plausible, if you use results of calculations that already happen anyway. Will this automatically also take into account how much time it will take for a pawn to get to the mount, when that decision is made?

Thanks. No for that I'd have to come up with a smart way of limiting the number of extra pathing calculations (or maybe eliminating them entirely at the cost of some accuracy). It would be a challenge but that's what makes modding fun IMO :)

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on January 03, 2018, 02:59:27 PM
Thanks. No for that I'd have to come up with a smart way of limiting the number of extra pathing calculations (or maybe eliminating them entirely at the cost of some accuracy). It would be a challenge but that's what makes modding fun IMO :)

Double luck to you then. You already made some amazing things, so this should also be quite doable. At this time, I really regret, that I don't know jack about C# and can't be of any use.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Roolo on January 03, 2018, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: Madman666 on January 03, 2018, 02:46:09 PM

I wish you luck then. That indeed sounds very plausible, if you use results of calculations that already happen anyway. Will this automatically also take into account how much time it will take for a pawn to get to the mount, when that decision is made?

Maybe look at how the mod While You're Up handles extra hauling jobs when pawns are going from one place to another. I'm not sure, but it just sounds like it could give you a rough idea on where to start or how to handle it.

Vlad0mi3r

Just throwing this out there. How about a saddle that is in the Pawns inventory that gives a bonus to mounting.

I know its a lot of work but just an Idea.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 03, 2018, 03:34:50 PM
Maybe look at how the mod While You're Up handles extra hauling jobs when pawns are going from one place to another. I'm not sure, but it just sounds like it could give you a rough idea on where to start or how to handle it.

Yes thanks for the hint. I'm also a happy user of that mod and I also had it in my mind as a reference.

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 04, 2018, 02:22:19 AM
Just throwing this out there. How about a saddle that is in the Pawns inventory that gives a bonus to mounting.

I know its a lot of work but just an Idea.

Would be pretty neat. A universal saddle for which the position and maybe even the drawing size is determined automatically would be the best way of making this happen without a lot of manual work for each animal. Automatic positioning is already done for pawns, so shouldn't be hard to implement for saddles. The only complaint I would have in that case is that it might look weird with some animals. I might give it a try though after I finished the other idea's.

Ser Kitteh

Oh man, this is like one of the best mods around! You've outdone yourself!

I don't particularly mind the auto-saddle, like no one says anything about auto-packs either. If customisable saddles were to be a thing, then it should be something that changes things entirely. Animal armor isn't really a thing yet so I'm not sure how to make it work cause I'm no programmer.

How about spurs (that jinggle janggle jingle) which adds like 2% speed? It's not much but it fits with the western theme that Rimworld is sorely lacking. Maybe it should be a pants option if OP doesn't want to make boots.

Roolo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on January 04, 2018, 07:03:00 AM
Oh man, this is like one of the best mods around! You've outdone yourself!

I don't particularly mind the auto-saddle, like no one says anything about auto-packs either. If customisable saddles were to be a thing, then it should be something that changes things entirely. Animal armor isn't really a thing yet so I'm not sure how to make it work cause I'm no programmer.

How about spurs (that jinggle janggle jingle) which adds like 2% speed? It's not much but it fits with the western theme that Rimworld is sorely lacking. Maybe it should be a pants option if OP doesn't want to make boots.

Thanks :). Also a nice idea. It'll still take quite some time to implement for a relatively small feature, and I'll focus on any big things first. But maybe in the future.. or maybe someone else steps in to get this done.

Vlad0mi3r

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 05, 2018, 03:30:58 AM
Getting crash from what appears to be battle mounts. Game will close completely see log below.

https://gist.github.com/98f30208eb022ae8cec8aadb143d7268

Ok, interesting. Battle mounts doesn't appear in the print of the loaded mods while the error does seem to be related with some concept of battle mounts not loading. When you got this error, did you try to load Battle Mounts? If so, what version of Battle Mounts did you try to run? The new version of Giddy-up! Core which supports Giddy-up! Caravan is unfortunately not compatible with older versions of Battle Mounts.

edit: I should have clarified this in the mod description, so I'm updating that now.

Canute

Roolo

Small update for Giddy-up! Core (now v18.5.3)
- Fixed issue causing doors not to close after a mounted animal went trough them.

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2018, 04:25:58 AM
You should include some Version checks then ! :-)

Yes, that's another "would be nice to have". Takes some time to find out how it works, and to implement it. Up to this point I preferred to spend time on other things. May change though.

Mst

Recently trading caravans and guests started to stuck in the doorways of my base exits.
I am not sure which mod is causing it but that never happened before and the only mod updated recently was Giddy-up (I use all of the parts). In this cases there are always mounted people that are stuck and after one o them is no one can pass through that door and everyone there just wait trying to get through until they pass out.

Roolo

Quote from: Mst on January 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM
Recently trading caravans and guests started to stuck in the doorways of my base exits.
I am not sure which mod is causing it but that never happened before and the only mod updated recently was Giddy-up (I use all of the parts). In this cases there are always mounted people that are stuck and after one o them is no one can pass through that door and everyone there just wait trying to get through until they pass out.

Ok it sounds plausible that the last Giddy-up core update could cause this. I'll test a bit to confirm this and I'll upload a fix soon if  it indeed causes the issue.

Roolo

Quote from: Mst on January 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM

I've tested this, but I couldn't reproduce the issue you're having, even with hundreds of mounted animals passing through doors. Are you using any door-related mods that could be conflicting? Do you get any error messages in the log?

Mst

Nope, no special door mods, at least those were common granite doors I saw them stuck in. Also no errors.
Maybe I'll post some screenshots if that happens again.