[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethouiche

I disabled the zoltan capacity because it had a bad behavior. It removed power grids. I will make them able to pop a temporary battery and to refill any battery. I did not know how to create an ability, now i know.
I am working on the teleport bay. I am a bit hesitant when it comes to code c# for the main mod. The file organisation and the code are a big mess. I need to cut the main mod bits by bits.

ethouiche

Canute

- XML errors are gone, but the texture error's are still there.

- what do you think about to give the boarding drone packanimal status ? So they can be used for caravan's.

- Engie scenario, you add the T1 engie tech, but without the chip bench research it is pretty useless.

Edit:
I think market value of Crystal leather is too high, i think it should be like human leather.

ethouiche

Quote from: Canute on April 01, 2018, 05:12:04 PM
- I just notice, when you butcher LTF race corpse you geting Human meat, not sure if this an incompactibilty or just a bug.
You already have 57 leather types, do you want the same for meat ? I wish i knew how to do it, since i want mantis meat to be megaspider meat. There are some 'human' references in the race definition, but it seems related to the body type. If by mistake i find the property, i will use it, but it seems a bit hardcoded.
- XML errors are gone, but the texture error's are still there.
I removed the alien mod race dependency for the clone bay. I changed the graphics paths to force the update.
- what do you think about to give the boarding drone packanimal status ? So they can be used for caravan's.
The boarding drone is very anecdotal to me. It's a (ugly) reskin. If you have some more suggestions about him, that's good. I will try to see how carriers are defined.
- Engie scenario, you add the T1 engie tech, but without the chip bench research it is pretty useless.
I updated the research tree. T1 engie tech allows you to install any rom which can be purchased.
Edit:
I think market value of Crystal leather is too high, i think it should be like human leather.
The rockman leather is a bit similar. The leather is better though, is'nt it ? It should have better armor and insulation properties than regular leather.

I added mantis claws, updated the steel claws statistics, added some related thoughs. I am not sure if their DPS is better now. I changed the pawn kind group makers, this should mix things up a bit.

Canute

QuoteYou already have 57 leather types, do you want the same for meat ? I wish i knew how to do it, since i want mantis meat to be megaspider meat. There are some 'human' references in the race definition, but it seems related to the body type. If by mistake i find the property, i will use it, but it seems a bit hardcoded.
The LTF meat types are allready ingame. At last i see them at the stockpiles.
But when butcher them, i just get human meat.

Yep the crystal leather is a bit better then most , but got same stats like human leather, rockman leather got a bit better insultation but still below 100%.

QuoteThe boarding drone is very anecdotal to me. It's a (ugly) reskin. If you have some more suggestions about him, that's good. I will try to see how carriers are defined.
Just add
<packAnimal>true</packAnimal>
and then they can carry +35kg.

ZE

interesting mod but the art is.... off.....

the mantis with its claws bug me, if everyone else is limbless why do they have claws? they are also positioned oddly. their bodyshape should be more akin to Apini (insectoid)
Engi should be more like, hulking, with the head put lower in the body
Rockmen showing a similar form, with more craggyness and size
Zoltan, i haven't much issue with other than its brightness, should be bright, with less contrast between the light and dark spots
Slug is the one the bugs me to the point i had to turn the mod off.  i dont even get what im seeing here, why did you do that?  Slug's body should be similar to a small Catapillar
Crystal shouldn't just be Blue Rockmen but have a more crystalline appearance
Lanius like a grey crystal, thin with spikey shoulders

i get you want to use standard clothes but..... it just bugs me is all, i personally have a problem with it, if nobody else does thats fine, its just i thought i'd lend my 2 cents

Canute

ZE,
if you can provide some better art, i bet ethouiche will be use it :-)

Krapken egg's:
They are maybe too cheap, trader got mass of these, but maybe not, if you want that these are a pain, then the Trader might just try to sell them before he jettison these pest over board.

Now the question, shouldn't the egg vanish after a krapken is hatch ?
Is there a way to suspend the timer for new hatchlings ? At last cold don't stop it.
Edit: ok i just notice, cold don't stop the timer but nothing hatch.

ethouiche

@ZE:
Sorry if the art is off, i am doing my best. If you know someone who is interested to help, i would love that. Drawing in a rimworld way is not that obvious.
QuoteWhy did you do that ?
Could you be more specific? Is it because it has a snail head instead of a slug one ? Do you have a picture/drawing in mind ?

The 14x14 to 128x128 conversion is not that obvious to me. If you have a FTL slug anatomy documentation i would be grateful. Should it be a draft that would be fine. I could try to use the centipede body to make the Slug body. Mantis have claws because it's their trademark. They would be apini otherwise. How do you imagine their claw orientation ? why is this orientation bad ? I have a bad behavior when they show their back. Bugs arrive faster than i can handle them. Rockman and Crystal faces are quite similar and are both to smooth. Crystals may be less opaque, more shiny with a glow effect. You would not imagine howmany rockman version i have had. Even if I want it pretty bad to be beautiful and i spend 'some' time at trying, drawing is hard. Again if you know an artist.
I have a very good picture for the lanius made by Drakefenwick.

Amazing isnt it ? That's what it must to be an artist. I would have spent 10 days and it would have been 100 times uglier. He did that in less than a morning. It's hard to be critical with my own work and your remarks will help. Thank you.

@Canute:
A lot of settings are not tested. I like the krapken egg because it causes a lot of mess even if it's not very dangerous. Krapken are bad, they have a ridiculous lifespan but i wanted a squid.
They have their own anatomy, and could even shoot ink if only they had the thinknode. Buying a lot of krapken eggs is not very effective since they deteriorate as you noticed. They are the best way to get kraptyl. I like the potential infinite economy. Your idea to condition the egg lifespan tickrate would help making it infinite, but where would the challenge be ? You would have 10K kraptyl by doing nothing. Having a controled crap creator, is less fun that an uncontroled one, to me. They could need a lore hand or a reason to be. I will try to understand the meat problem you noticed. I am working on removing a Clone Bay bug. I want to work on the teleporter.

ZE

i'd be happy to sketch up some art when i get the chance (im that guy who made the Azuri based off Sera's Apini which seems to have become a Mantis face.... theory of evolution confirmed?), but thats the major problem, i rarely do get the chance :/

even right now im falling asleep after a long day *whine*

but what i was asking was, if the intent was for clothing to fit, cuz most ftl races outside of human appear to enjoy the nude-life

if you forget about clothes, ur freed to use whatever shape you like.  just make sure their resiliant to temperature extremes or have a means to become.   even if that means making custom "clothing" like for slugs "Heat resistant slime" or ability

ethouiche

I prefer having a creature that relies on existing mechanics instead of wiping them, because it's unique. The race would be an isolated island in the game. If the race had something fun, intelligent, motivated to replace the mechanics that would be fine. But wipe apparels to be able to draw(poorly if it's me :P) a slug body does not look like a good choice to me. It's FTL that must fit in Rimworld. Being authentic/right/realistic is not synonym of fun, nor deep gameplay. No cloths means : no tattered apparel, no dead man apparel, no apparel dependency(!), no need to have leather, no need to have a crafter. I could go on because it's deeper than these two layers. A well drawn body does not justify this. Body parts provided by the alien race mod allow to display additionnal things. That's a way i'd rather take.

I found a ZE on Rimworld Discord, and let him a message. I hope it's you. It's seems since i read you in the #apini alien race mod discord. There is a#lighter_than_fast if you want to visit. If you are interested in drawing Azuri children and their mates and things, that would be a pleasure and honor.

Canute

Quotebut what i was asking was, if the intent was for clothing to fit, cuz most ftl races outside of human appear to enjoy the nude-life
Why does a race want to wear clothes ?
Because they lost the ability to survive in that enviroment with bare skill.
They moved into a different temperature zone ,
or of a hostile enviroment like when you got soft skin in a jungle of spike tree's,
or just for protection , fashion or as tool.
A rockman don't would need clothes at all from his tolerance and resitance. His skin is more restistance then most armor layers anyway, he wouldn't even notice when his clother burn/scrap away.

But some race specify clother together with some nudist trait for some races would be ok. What do you think would say the fan's when Grooot would wear an overall all of the movies ? :-)

Canute

- what is the use of the early TP spot research, since the TP spot is useless without bench. I think you should merge them together.

- Shieldmet is still craftable without research at serveral benches.

- Rom 2/3 are craftable without research

- Wrong names for RomRes3 (Kromres1), RomMed 3 (Krommed1), RomCook3 (Kromcook1)

Since i started an Engie colony this time, i though i could enhance my pawn's with better Rom/core's.
But i lack on vanilla rom/core's since you need for any recipe these. And i don't got any Engie prisoner i could extract these. Maybe this can change if i got the Clone Vat.
But i think only the Rom1 recipes should need Vanilla rom, all further updates just need the previous Rom but not an extra vanilla rom.

Maybe create a Tribal or starting Chip bench which don't need power.
And add these construction to the Engie T1 Research, or add these to the Engie start scenario.
At this way Engie got an early way to enhance their Rom/core to the T1 step.

ethouiche

I am not sure yet of what i want to do with the tp. I kinda like the bench sprite. I wish i had a bug report dedicated to you. I am affraid of forgetting your feedbacks which are more than often justified. Are you on discord ?

Canute

I can't give you any bug report about the TP, since i still don't know what it should doing.
Currently they are just blinking when a pawn stand on it. But no interaction with the pad or the bench i discover so far.

If you want a use of these.
It can teleport any item from the map to the pad, like as distant hauler.
And with further research, you could even teleport pawn.
And with another research, you can use it like Transport pod's, you can send pawn/items on the pad to a distant world tile and create a caravan.
The teleport bench would use stored energy from batteries (lucky there are battery mods), and how much energy is used depend on the distance.
Energycost = Variable x distance²

And no i am not on discord.

green3y3

hi, i have a problem with my zoltan colonist. whenever i load the game, all of her work priorities are reset to 3, sometimes it happens during the game as well. also, sometimes she complains about not being the master of her pet, although she technically is.