[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Why does the Medbay research require some weapon researches are prerequierements ?
Does you need that because the medbay shoot dart to the patients to inject the medicin, and mashineguns  to eliminate the filth ? :-)

Edit:
Make Medistone blocks, count in all blocks when you doing "do until X".
I think these recipe should be locked behind "Chemical Litho..." too.

ethouiche

Why does the Medbay research require some weapon researches are prerequierements ?
Does you need that because the medbay shoot dart to the patients to inject the medicin, and mashineguns  to eliminate the filth ? :-)
The Vanilla research tree does not have a lot of items for my liking. I need some advanced research requirements because I feel you can get really overpowered if you have a lot of medifuel. I wish I could have more smart requirements, but I did not find anything more fitting.

Make Medistone blocks, count in all blocks when you doing "do until X".
I think these recipe should be locked behind "Chemical Litho..." too.
I did not understand your both statements, sorry.  :-\ Maybe the mediblock category is not well chosen, or I need to patch the vanilla recipe. Which recipe should be behind Lithoterapy ? The Lithorapy item allows to create a medichunk. I feel cutting stone is not a skill that requires a new research. Treating a raw chunk to change its nature does.

I updated the medbay to allow 2 new recipes that dont rely on insect meat. Each insect meat unit is replaced by 1.5 non insectoid meat(human meat is ok) and .5 vegetable unit. I added 2 research items, and reworked the research organization.

Canute

When i setup a bill for MediBlock's with "Do until x" i got 1923/10 but don't even got a single MediBlock at storage, so i think you used the vanilla bill "Do any stoneblock" instead of the one for a single blocktype.

Medistone Blocks only need research Stonecutting, while Medistone Chunks need Stonecutting & Chemical lithotherapy.
Since i don't think you can buy from any trader Medistone Chunks, you should lock the block recipe behind Chemical lithotherapy too.
While you logic is right that that Medistone blocks wouldn't require any other research, but how does people know about Medistone blocks when they don't even know about the chunks ?

It is good that you expand the Medifuel variation a bit.
Insects are such a rare encounter. I even researched and build a Deep drill just to get a infestation.
What do you think to exchange insect meat for a growable resource like psychoid leave ?

Edit:
You should adjust the the fixed number of meat/animal products into a nutri. value. Even when most meat got the same nutri. there are some modded meat items like smoked/salted meat or jerky which got a higher value same goes for milk from various sources.
Same goes for vegetarians/ingredients.

What do you think to modify the medifuel process abit.
Instead to use meat, you add a intermediate product, Woozelduzel at example.
Woozelduzel is an enzym that exist at any rimworld lifeform, but insect's got them more then others.
Then you just need to add butcher recipes to extract Woozelduzel out of insect's /animal/humanoids.
But please not a cheap recipe so you get from a megascarab the same amount then from a megaspider.
Maybe a mass input, i think Vegetable garden got a recipe "Burn corpse for compost" to recognize the mass value.

ethouiche

These are very good suggestions. I am taking a break from medical bay for now.
Maybe I will make an update to be able to regenerate missingParts and to heal scares in the future. Some people have been asking for them. I have seen other mods doing it, so I dont know if it makes sense to break all the healing mechanics with a single building. Your suggestions could work for that new type of healing. I dont want to break the way it works since it's functionnal and what you are suggesting is more subject to errors and special cases.

I am working on the zoltans right now.

ethouiche

I just updated the zoltan mod:

Diplomats, ingenious experts of technology, living powerplants
Background
- With the majority of their bodies  composed of pure, harnessable energy, the Zoltan are ambivalent towards  the Galactic Federation. Whilst a deeply officious and obtuse people,  they generally favour diplomacy over acts of aggression and are known  for being fair and just in their dealings with others. Due to their  alliance with the Engi, Zoltans often appear in Engi Homeworlds or the  various Engi-Controlled Sectors of space, although they inhabit their  own home systems as well.
- Being ingenious experts of technology,  the Zoltan race pioneered a unique ship-based shielding technology  which can be found on nearly every Zoltan vessel. These shields are very  difficult to breach, however they cannot regenerate during a battle -  unless a Shield Overcharger drone is deployed. Therefore, once they are  impacted by enemy fire enough to deactivate them, Zoltan vessels must  rely on conventional shielding systems. They and the Engi control many  sectors, but they themselves are rarely seen outside them.

Characteristics
- Supply power to batteries that are close enough
- 115% Recruit prisoner chance
- 105% Research
- 85% Health
- Explode upon death in a friend saving explosion

Unique abilities
Exparkle - Engulfs your enemies in an electric maelstrom.
- Arc numbers: The older a Zoltan is, the more arcs they can trigger, to a maximum of five.
- EMP effect: ne small EMP explosion is triggered around the caster, and a larger one around the target.
- Water synergy: If the targets are standing in water, arcs will jump around  the surrounding pawns and stun them. Zoltans won't trigger the chain  reaction. Watch out for friendly fire.
- Cost: each exparkle usage will consume a tenth of the caster's hunger and relaxation.

Quantum leap - Teleports a short distance, defying space and wall boundaries. 
- Bad thoughts: The quantum leap rapture can trigger  a bad mood on its caster. It's less likely to happen if the caster has a  bond with nature by having high skills in either animals or plants.
- Autocast: You can activate it to speed hauling jobs and make daily work more efficient.

Vengevolt - Surround any pawn or electrical device with vengeful electricity.
- Efficiency: Melee attacks have a chance to stun  the attacker based on the caster's melee skill. Ranged attacks will  backfire to the attacker. The damage dealt is based on the caster's  shooting ability.
- Number of layers: Based on the better of  the caster's crafting or construction. The target will be protected by  at least two, and up to seven, layers of electricity.
- Stacking:  If an already vengevolted target is further reinforced, more layers can  be added. The only limit will be the duration of ability.

Researchable buildings and apparel
- Shield bench, allows to fill the shieldmet when operated
- Shieldmet, an helmet that grants multiple rechargeable energetic shields
- Zoltan batteries : x1.5/x3/x5 capacity ; better beauty factor for a daily integration without hurting pawn feelings

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032477436

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I had fun doing it. Any feedback is appreciated. Have fun !

Canute

An idea about the zoltan.
Even with the zoltan batteries, i don't realy like it to place batteries at the sleeping room.
What do you think about special zoltan bed's with integrated power reciever, so the bed work's like a battery.
Or better buildable power reciever, so you can build them next to popular spots.
The reciever should be wall mounted and maybe could be a light source.

LWM

ZiemoSK

Canute

ZiemoSK,
ethouiche the mod author allready mention that he don't want to public the source anymore so he shutdown the github projects.
If you want to download workshop mods you should read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52498.0

ethouiche

I think there is a way to get mods without relying on steam.

I made battery in wall because that was a great idea:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2155720777
It was a bit rushed, so I hope there are not too many mistakes in it. All kinds of feedback are appreciated, as usual. I hope you have fun with it.

Now I realize that you did not ask for this. Btw zoltans are not technically linked to the electricity wires : they scan for batteries around them and fill one. That means the power reciever would not be ideal. The wall light has a very unique code because it has its own way to calculate glowing. It should glow from both side of the wall, but it does not. That's not something I really want to recode for this sole purpose. I have already worked with glowComp and I cant say I like it very much.

LWM

You would need a receiver that could hunt a battery on the same network and power it up when the Zoltan powers it. Doable, but would require some work, and then Zs would just have to hunt for either one.

(I'm sad about the no-longer-open-source thing, but understand)

ethouiche

I am working on a hacking mod.

Canute

Another "What the Hack" ?
But the animated wall's looks nice. And they even would look better if the linked one would animale all at the same direction.