Light mods to fix combat?

Started by Shurp, January 19, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

So I got frustrated with Rimworld again after a centipede that was completely unable to hit the pawn he was shooting at splattered another pawn 3 squares away who was hiding behind cover.  I get the impression that "forced miss radius" completely ignores cover for whoever is standing where the bullet lands, which drives me nuts.

So what mods are out there to fix this sort of silliness?  I'd like something that just gets rid of the stupidity inherent in most combat scenarios rather than a massive monster overhaul like Combat Realism (which from what I gather is dead anyway?) 

Edit: I just realized it's Combat Extended which is the current incarnation of the monster combat overhaul... again, I'm just looking for something which fixes what is broken, not a complete re-do.  Is there such a thing out there?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

The only mod that came into my mind is
[B18] Shooting Skill Enhanced v3.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28939.0
But i never have played myself yet.

Shurp

Well, that is a light mod, but it doesn't solve the problem of centipedes being far better at killing anyone next to their target than their target.

How does the ordinary missing mechanic work?  If I get rid of "forced miss radius" and just drop the accuracy of the blaster will it still spray bullets a reasonable distance around?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.