[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedStar

Been having a constant bug pop up while using this mod. When colonists die and get buried they don't always count as buried, giving me a constant negative "unburied colonists debuff"
I've had this in multiple of my playthroughs. Also found this reddit thread with people using your mod and having similar issues.

If you need any save files or more info let me know. Sadly I don't know any way to consistently reproduce it but it seems to be happening frequently enough.

edit*

Shiat, posted in the wrong TTM thread. Should be in the TTM main thread.

Redclaw

Maybe an event that heals permanent injuries  :) but has some kind of negative effects later  >:(
The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

Xerberus86

i have an idea:

"an unknown virus sweeps through your colony, suddenly your colonists develope a craving for human flesh."

this would either make them unable to eat normal food and only nurish them when eating human flesh (or plain out make them unable to eat other things to avoid even more starvation glitches). if that's not possible them give each colonist the cannibalism trait which boosts their mood when eating human flesh.

give me da cannibal colony, i already use the invaders for me leather production, killing two birds with one stone eh ;).

minami26

Hello guys new update, new events and some necessary fixes and changes for those who got turned off by some of the events. Did my best to follow what you guys suggested.
add 6 new exciting events that makes you shiver. :D

Here's a changelog and a tiny description of the new events
Changelog:
v2.2
New Events!

Scenario Events:
Faction War
- Pirates vs Outlanders! = lots of corpses.
Wanted Outlander
- It's a manhunt!
Suspicious Crates
- Not all dropped goods from orbit are items.

Normal Events:
Tribe Migration
- Tribals get raided too.
Muffalo Migration
- Muffalos on the go.
Colonist Regeneration
- Miraculous healing properties. *limited to wounds only

Changes:
Changed RaiderSyndicate to only choose prisoners.
Recalibrated ColonyWealth Requirement for hard events.
Removed PrisonerSuicide Event.
Removed AtmosphericInterruption Event.
Removed ColonistDeath Event.
Nerfed RageVirus to affect only half of the colonist population.

Fix:
Fixed Risk/Reward event scenario[1](Bomb Chest/Silver Reward) not killing/removing the colonist.
Fixed Abomination exploding over and over again.

Visitor000

is there away to take out some of the events that you may not like.
still a great mod tho

<OBLIGITORY MOVING TEXT>
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Rikiki

Quoteis there away to take out some of the events that you may not like.
still a great mod tho

1) Go into the RimworldMainDir\Mods\TTMCustomEventsA6\Defs\IncidentDefs folder
2) Open the TTMCustomEvents_Incidents.xml file with a texteditor (notepad for example)
3) Set <chance>5</chance> to <chance>0</chance> in the incidents you don't want to occur.

Visitor000

Quote from: Rikiki on September 12, 2014, 03:24:03 AM
Quote1) Go into the RimworldMainDir\Mods\TTMCustomEventsA6\Defs\IncidentDefs folder
2) Open the TTMCustomEvents_Incidents.xml file with a texteditor (notepad for example)
3) Set <chance>5</chance> to <chance>0</chance> in the incidents you don't want to occur.
thank you
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Rannzou

This is an awesome mod,all of it events are fricking cool! And i have a suggestion for an event: "A phreistoric creature has been spotted close to the colony.Destroy it before he will eat all the colonists!" But the creature should be a yeti or a dinosaur i don't know is up to you :D good luck!

Chaplain

Haven't checked if it's been said before but the cosmic radiation event is bull**** when you start with 3 colonists over 50.  Not that it's bad but I just really want to vent after losing to an event message.

CosmicKobal

Quick question, Is this mod dependent on the base TTM mod? I'd like to use this mod with Superior crafting but superior crafting and TTM don't quite mesh the way Id like.

Chaplain

Quote from: CosmicKobal on September 13, 2014, 10:25:04 PM
Quick question, Is this mod dependent on the base TTM mod? I'd like to use this mod with Superior crafting but superior crafting and TTM don't quite mesh the way Id like.
Had some odd issues with some of SC's objects showing up as other stretched objects when placing blue prints but I think that was more to do with the Biomes mod.  If you need further proof the cosmic radiation incident I posted above happened with SC engaged.

CosmicKobal

Quote from: Chaplain on September 13, 2014, 11:44:24 PM
Quote from: CosmicKobal on September 13, 2014, 10:25:04 PM
Had some odd issues with some of SC's objects showing up as other stretched objects when placing blue prints but I think that was more to do with the Biomes mod.  If you need further proof the cosmic radiation incident I posted above happened with SC engaged.

I've gotten to day 15 now without a single non-vanilla event happening.

CosmicKobal

I re-downloaded the file and it works fine now. on a side note though, I had 2 abomination attack events at the same time and killed the first one but only incapped the second one. after he was incapped, I finished him off 3 or 4 days later and he sat around in my dump pile for a week or so before I built the smithing table (I cant remember if the Smithing table is a vanilla worktable or was introduced by Superior Crafting). either way, the Abomination was dissassembled into 30 metal and 6 AI chips.

I don't know how useful this is to you, but there ya go. :)

Rikiki

Wow, 6 AI Chips?!? :o
Imagine the nice MAI army you can get with this!!! ;D

Chaplain

So managed to lock myself in my base with all the lights on during a black void.  Figured I just lock the one front door with a light right in front of it and I could live off my stores and hydros while the voids just flutter around the door uselessly.  That was when a psychic wave struck the muffalo . . .