[1.3] Pawn Rules (v1.5.0): Disallow Foods, Relationships and More

Started by Jaxe, August 05, 2018, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

The dreaded archive mystery strikes again!

Have you tried using 7zip on Windows or Keka on Mac?

Canute

Hmmm normaly i am the one who mention this. :-)
Yes, and like i said previously archives are fine just the latest.

Tenshi~Akari

Had the same issue with the file structure, so tried downloading the source.zip file since that seems to be in order in comparison.

Unfortunately, I got this red error that popped up upon loading.

Could not find a type named PawnRules.Data.Registry
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ParseHelper:FromString(String, Type)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Ultimately it seems the Source/Master version was missing the actual dll files for the Assemblies folder. And the main release has every singular file sub-foldered.  :o But I managed to just go ahead & copy over the files into the folders like they should appear & it works. I just think for the sake of those not too well versed on how things should look in the file structure, the main download needs to be fixed is all.  ;)

Amnesiac

Still getting errors with this mod, this time when I tried to just load the game wtih 1.1.5 =(

https://git.io/fAb97
Pic:
https://i.imgur.com/DCRWE5u.png

Let me know when you've got the new version sorted so I can continue using this awesome mod, thanks =)

Canute

Amnesiac,
"Mod PawnRules has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. ....."
indicate that is something wrong with the installation or filestructure.
If you maybe follow the last posting you would maybe notice it is the filestructure in this case.
Download and use 1.1.4 until jaxe upload a new .zip .

bigheadzach

I can confirm that even 1.1.4 doesn't uncompress right using any Mac-based archival tool I know.

EDIT: If I use unzip from the command-line, 1.1.4 extracts correctly. Neither Archive Utility nor Keka do, and even unzip issues the following:

"warning: PawnRules-v1.1.4.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators"

Canute

bigheadzach,
i got a similar problem at another mod, he resolved it while he used a different archive tool for the mac.
Quote from: n0cifer on September 22, 2018, 01:37:13 PM
I managed to isolate the problem in 7zip; if I run any other unzip tool everything works as it should. Judging by the fact that out of the ~150 mods I'm currently using there are only 4 or 5 with this issue (not to mention the multitudes of zip archives I work with everyday), and also by the fact that @bigheadzach says they've also encountered this problem on a Mac before (which means it's not Linux-specific), I'd be willing to bet it's an incompatibility with the software used to create those problematic zip archives (e.g. a specific version of WinRAR or WinZip or even 7zip for Windows). So if I could offer a suggestion, if it's not too bothersome for you, you could try using a different software to compress the next release of RimHUD, and then I can check if that resolves the issue. If not... well. One thing at a time :)

Amnesiac

So I've done what Tenshi said and moved all the files into the correct order for your release, I didn't read the post above mine until I had time. I was leaving for work as I posted that comment. Sorry!

I got a few of the usual errors on loading: https://i.imgur.com/7gNz3FX.png

But the artisan rule seems to be working!  :D

Jaxe

Sorry my monitor died so I've been unable to check posts. Yeah the v1.1.5 archive had improperly named paths due to switching to a different zipper for linux. I've uploaded a proper zip now.

Download the latest release

Ruisuki

The 'Disallow constructing items that have a quality level' sounds like it makes quality builder mod obsolete. what does it mean by you can still haul? IIRC pre b19 hand me that brick mod had an option that popped up under construct (deliver resources to blueprint) when you right clicked something you wanted to build, does this do something similar? Or is it applied to the construct dialogue minus the actual construction? (unless you are the highest leveled constructor)

bigheadzach

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 06:49:56 PM
The 'Disallow constructing items that have a quality level' sounds like it makes quality builder mod obsolete.

Not really - some constructions don't have a quality and Construction skill only affects their work speed and chance to botch. Quality Builder just sets minimum quality that a blueprint will allow to be finished at (or be auto-marked for deconstruct and re-attempted). In theory, if you had low-level constructors that you wanted to be able to do simple things like walls and floors but not work on quality'ed items like chairs and other furniture, you could set that flag on them.

Ruisuki

was the food control aspect adopted by 1.0 then? i havent tried it but it sounds similar

Jaxe

Updated to v1.2.0
- Built for RimWorld 1.0
- Hides and overrides 1.0 Food Restrictions
- Modified Assign tab to show rules (and hide 1.0 food restrictions)

Link to latest release