[1.0]Rimworld Ore Processing[No Longer supported, check out my new ore mod]

Started by WolfgangPolska, December 07, 2018, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of mine ideas  should I add next?

No need for crafters, ores are now smelted in similar fashion as beer ferments, in primitive smelters or industrial blast furnances
New metals and their alloys
Industrial auto-miners - getting rid of need for manpower
Facilities enhancing mining speed, yield etc.

WolfgangPolska

New update released!
v1.8

I hope everthing is slightly more balanced now. And works without bugs.

Mining platform functions like primitive drill from now on.
You can't mine uranium and plasteel there anymore.
Additonal facilities where this would be possible will come in future updates.

Also I retracted form using smelters in the way they were in previous release, coal and resource production managment were too inconvinient and too microextensive for my taste.

Smelting klin and huge furnace produce a lot of heat when used, so beware when you decide to put them in enclosed spaces.

Link to github release:
https://github.com/WolfgangPolska/Rimworld_OreProcessing/releases/tag/v1.8
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Canute

Hi,
you released v1.8 but why does the archiv is named 1.0.OreProcessing.v1.5.zip ? :-)
The Source code, the file that github auto. create for a release is named
Rimworld_OreProcessing-1.8.zip

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2019, 01:42:12 PM
Hi,
you released v1.8 but why does the archiv is named 1.0.OreProcessing.v1.5.zip ? :-)
The Source code, the file that github auto. create for a release is named
Rimworld_OreProcessing-1.8.zip

Yeah I changed that. I've also pushed new workshopdef so now you can forbid mining platform.

Canute

But you didn't rename the folder inside the archiv, it is still
[1.0]OreProcessing[v1.5]
You sure you push out the right archive ?
1.0.OreProcessing.v1.8.zip got 495kb
Rimworld_OreProcessing-1.8.zip  got 547kb

Btw. i want to ask if that mod can be add to existing saves, or does it need a new colony, you should put that info at the mod description too.

Canute

Some issue with the Drying rack.
After the timer reach out 100% the rack throw out the Adobe brick and in my case Mixed lumber (Expanded Woodworking) over and over.
The rack itself don't get destroyed.

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: Canute on April 07, 2019, 06:49:34 AM
Some issue with the Drying rack.
After the timer reach out 100% the rack throw out the Adobe brick and in my case Mixed lumber (Expanded Woodworking) over and over.
The rack itself don't get destroyed.

I will look into this issue today, thanks for reporting.

WolfgangPolska

Canute

Maybe a request for the future.
When a mod add some new mineable minerals, could your retour check the def's about them and add them to the mining hole/shaft ?
I know such is possible
Mines https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34231.0
or Omni Core Drill https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34702.0
got such a feature.

And maybe a floor type for the adobe blocks.

Edit:
With the new version of the Mining plattform you are geting stone chunks too (reminder me at Quarry mod) basicly thats ok.
But you only should get these chunk hat the map contains. Currently my map got Granite,Limbstone but i am geting Marble chunks.
Maybe you should work on Mod settings, so you can adjust some values of the mods.

MemoriMento

I think its kinda strange that smelting klin have penalty for being outdoors...
Also raw adobe bricks recipe has typo "Use hay nad wet clay"

Canute

It would be nice if you give the drying racks and auto. rebuild feature like the Compost bin's from Fertile fields. Alternative an electric dry ofen with a higher capacity.

And the Mining plattform could use a higher tech version too. With a good mining pawn you need to rebuild it every 1-2 days.
Maybe Mining Shaft, after he finished his current deeph (like a regular Mining plattform cycle) he need to dig deeper first before he start a new ore cycle. And the chance for plasteel/uranium ore would be nice too.

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2019, 05:20:07 AM
It would be nice if you give the drying racks and auto. rebuild feature like the Compost bin's from Fertile fields. Alternative an electric dry ofen with a higher capacity.

And the Mining plattform could use a higher tech version too. With a good mining pawn you need to rebuild it every 1-2 days.
Maybe Mining Shaft, after he finished his current deeph (like a regular Mining plattform cycle) he need to dig deeper first before he start a new ore cycle. And the chance for plasteel/uranium ore would be nice too.
I'm planning to add advanced version for uranium and plasteel, and maybe extend crude version with Jadestone.

Canute

Since uranium and plasteel mosttimes appear at small vein's on the map.
What do you think to let these randomly appear like chunks when someone mine for the selectable ore. But only at the adv. mining plattform.

ertzuiop

Quote from: MemoriMento on April 10, 2019, 07:31:01 AM
I think its kinda strange that smelting klin have penalty for being outdoors...

Yea should be changed, because you really need to build them outside. Otherwise it will now cook the room it is build in to high temperatures giving you penalty, again.

Regarding the mining platform, why changed from recipe function to this?
Now you have to switch manually if you want to mine ore, after got plenty coal for fuel and ore processing.
Kinda inconvenient.

Canute

I agree with ertzuiop,
would be nice that the mining would be billed too.
Special since i need to rebuild the plattforms very often i forget to change the ore type, and my storage fillup with iron ore.

WolfgangPolska

UPDATE v1.9!

Changelog:
Major changes made to mining system:
-When built, mines are depleted.
-Changing ores with click of a button has been removed.
-New option has been added instead: prospecting mode.
-When in prospecting mode pawn searches for new ore bed, old shaft will be abandoned in the process though.
-Depletion rates now vary depending on resource mined.
-Mines are now stuffed, so modded wood can be used to build them.