[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

For CE users should we still stick to using 0.7e for now?

edit: Also being able to deconstruct "dead" vehicles would be awesome!  ;D

NinjaSiren

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on August 21, 2019, 10:35:43 AM
For CE users should we still stick to using 0.7e for now?

edit: Also being able to deconstruct "dead" vehicles would be awesome!  ;D

You can go to v0.8b, but make sure you don't use Polarisbloc and Rimsenal mods.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Just updated the .zip file, I found an error on one of my patch xml files, simple error! Fixed now
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

makute

May I assume one needs to start a New Game for the mod to work? How safe is to add it to an existing world?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: makute on August 23, 2019, 05:05:49 AM
May I assume one needs to start a New Game for the mod to work? How safe is to add it to an existing world?

I have tested it on my game some of my saves gets horrible some will work. But its most inclined to do a new game.

makute

NinjaSiren

People seems to like real vehicles more. I may make a separate mod based from this mod for those real life vehicles and military vehicles.

This mod is based from generic vehicle types.

I might make first, tank mods where per mod is equal to a specific tank per country and era. Ie. WW1 British Tanks, or Cold War Soviet Tanks.

Canute

I allways wondering how these WW1 tank's made it to Rimworld !
Some some Elon Musk guy put them at the same cyro sleep spaceship like the crashlanding pawns ? :-)

NinjaSiren

v0.8b1

- Added Naval Cannon. (Dual 280mm cannon for Combat Extended)
- Added new Combat Extended only ammo types. (88mm, 120mm, and 280mm)

No downloads for v0.8b1 yet. (Too small amount of changes to be a downloadable release)

ProfZelonka

A wagon and a Tesla is all the "cars" you need for Rimworld.  ;) ;D

Hjkma

I noticed that when the raiders drop in transport capsules, vehicles also arrive in capsules. But they stand still, they do not have a driver and a gunner and are simply useless on the battlefield. Probably they should just be excluded from these types of raids, and it is strange to see how tanks arrive on capsules for one person.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 27, 2019, 08:20:02 AM
I noticed that when the raiders drop in transport capsules, vehicles also arrive in capsules. But they stand still, they do not have a driver and a gunner and are simply useless on the battlefield. Probably they should just be excluded from these types of raids, and it is strange to see how tanks arrive on capsules for one person.

Found a solution for the meantime. (Making a new <kindDef> for combat on the Core/Defs/FactionDefs/Faction_Misc.xml file, per faction type.)

Ie. Either PatchOperationAdd or PatchOperationInsert where <disallowStages> field will be the drop pods.

Basically, no vehicle will be spawned when raid or siege is drop pod based.

Either way I'll gonna patch for the meantime that, thank you.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: ProfZelonka on August 27, 2019, 03:17:21 AM
A wagon and a Tesla is all the "cars" you need for Rimworld.  ;) ;D

I might decide to make a separate mod from this mod for real vehicles and medieval vehicles. (With exception of the cart.) I'll try to update and include the mod, [A17] Tools for Haul just for and only the cart.

Hjkma

About the balance. The values ​​of the DPS (Damage Per Second) are very strange in vehicle weapons. Here is a screenshot of the Weapon Stats mod.
With Combat Extended:
https://i.imgur.com/vDf03jz.png
Without Combat Extended:
https://i.imgur.com/H6Eqtvn.jpg
As you can see, the DPS values ​​for machine gun, machine cannon and burst cannon are very large and exceed other weapon's DPS by several and tens of times. For the test, I created a truck without CE and attached a machine gun to it and spawned a mechanoid raid for 5000 points. Result: one machine killed all mechanoids and did not even get hurt at all. Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/pGK1SZI.jpg
Also with the CE, the DPS values ​​of rail and tank cannons are very low, but you can see it yourself in the Weapon Stats mod, I just have to scroll too much and take screenshots for them.

And market value for all vehicle weapons is very high and it is very easy to cheat, simply mass-producing such weapons and selling them to traders and getting tons of silvers.

Hjkma

There seems to be a problem with raids that spawn carts. When this happens, the game freezes and I have to close it. I tried to launch the save before this time, but this constantly happens after some time. Luckily, I found in output_data file a thousand messages something about the cart. After comparing the vehicle files in the mod, I found this line in the file PawnKinds_Cart.xml
<combatPower>0</combatPower>
After setting this to 25, I launched the save and the raid with the cart spawned normally. So there may be a problem with this line or with other mods that affect the mechanics of the raids, because it seems that without changing this line the game generates carts endlessly.