[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 28, 2019, 09:14:07 PM
There seems to be a problem with raids that spawn carts. When this happens, the game freezes and I have to close it. I tried to launch the save before this time, but this constantly happens after some time. Luckily, I found in output_data file a thousand messages something about the cart. After comparing the vehicle files in the mod, I found this line in the file PawnKinds_Cart.xml
<combatPower>0</combatPower>
After setting this to 25, I launched the save and the raid with the cart spawned normally. So there may be a problem with this line or with other mods that affect the mechanics of the raids, because it seems that without changing this line the game generates carts endlessly.

Carts are not yet allowed to be added in raids or caravans. I intentionally disabled carts for others to use.

Check Patches/Raids_Patches.xml, I intentionally disabled carts on enemies or allies. Your faction for the meantime are the only ones to use carts for the meantime.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 28, 2019, 05:24:30 PM
About the balance. The values ​​of the DPS (Damage Per Second) are very strange in vehicle weapons. Here is a screenshot of the Weapon Stats mod.
With Combat Extended:
https://i.imgur.com/vDf03jz.png
Without Combat Extended:
https://i.imgur.com/H6Eqtvn.jpg
As you can see, the DPS values ​​for machine gun, machine cannon and burst cannon are very large and exceed other weapon's DPS by several and tens of times. For the test, I created a truck without CE and attached a machine gun to it and spawned a mechanoid raid for 5000 points. Result: one machine killed all mechanoids and did not even get hurt at all. Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/pGK1SZI.jpg
Also with the CE, the DPS values ​​of rail and tank cannons are very low, but you can see it yourself in the Weapon Stats mod, I just have to scroll too much and take screenshots for them.

And market value for all vehicle weapons is very high and it is very easy to cheat, simply mass-producing such weapons and selling them to traders and getting tons of silvers.

I'm leaving the values for the meantime, as I don't know exactly what values I will put.

The real life comparisons of the weapons mentioned. I will use them as a benchmark to change the values.

For the selling values, I might end up leaving it or decreasing it abit. Or I'll add additional components for making one weapon.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Hjkma

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 29, 2019, 12:28:37 AM
Carts are not yet allowed to be added in raids or caravans. I intentionally disabled carts for others to use.

Check Patches/Raids_Patches.xml, I intentionally disabled carts on enemies or allies. Your faction for the meantime are the only ones to use carts for the meantime.

But I saw how the Rimsenal faction spawned with ATV cars with carts attached to them. And I am launching the latest version of the mod.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Skynert on August 29, 2019, 05:14:17 AM
How I can repair vechicle?

Its automatic, when a vehicle is damaged, its being fixed automatically by your pawns.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 29, 2019, 01:27:41 AM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 29, 2019, 12:28:37 AM

But I saw how the Rimsenal faction spawned with ATV cars with carts attached to them. And I am launching the latest version of the mod.

Wait, rimsenal faction, really? I found that I coded for tribals can use ATV with carts.

Ill see what I can do to remove that for the meantime. :3

NinjaSiren

v0.8b2

- Added new raid strategies with no drop pods for vehicles only. (Fixes enemy raids with vehicles with no driver/passenger/gunner when its on drop pods.)
- Fixed raids patches for the new strategies.
- ATV with carts can only appear with tribal peaceful, trader, and settlement events and locations.

No downloads yet, but incoming this end of the month.

makute

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 29, 2019, 08:34:05 AM
No downloads yet, but incoming this end of the month.
Thanks a lot for your hard work mate :)

BTW, what are your plans on making the vehicles guns use the expendable ammo from CE?

NinjaSiren

I'll try to code C# for that. Or try to add the ammo as something to install on the vehicle.

Ruisuki

is vehicle ammo installation only planned for the CE version?

AllisonIsLivid

Oh, you know what I'd love to see? A patrol boat. I don't know how or if it would be possible to restrict a vehicle to water tiles only, on either the tactical or the world maps, but that would be so cool, and potentially it could make island colonies viable for a change.
Living in the past, I think if I remember that I'll forget this. I know you will.

Skynert

Quote from: AllisonIsLivid on August 30, 2019, 07:16:15 PM
Oh, you know what I'd love to see? A patrol boat. I don't know how or if it would be possible to restrict a vehicle to water tiles only, on either the tactical or the world maps, but that would be so cool, and potentially it could make island colonies viable for a change.

There is mod travel throug water

Skynert

I think I have bug. I was attacked by pirates with several tanks and apc. They start to  attack and sudennly stop. They start fleeing. Tanks stay and even dont shoot at me. Now enemy raids are boring, becouse they dont even come near my frontline. They just stop and flee after few seconds

Hjkma

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 31, 2019, 05:31:32 AM
I confirm the bug, I had several such situations

That most likely a bug of the Vehicle AI. It's a framework bug from the [O21] Vehicle Framework. Nothing of me to fix.