Random, funny (?) events from the Rim

Started by Pangaea, August 25, 2019, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

Kirby23590

You random, but i got one many years ago... Actually from the Alpha days when it came out in Early access for steam.

Poorly equipped colony armed with nothing but pistols, a shotgun and two survival rifles before they were called bolt-action rifles.

I got two manhunting rhinoceros from randy, i can't take them out so i hid everyone in a rundown shack.

Until i got a message from a Refugee being chased by Angry Tribesmen. I wasn't going to accept him at first, but then i realized that i had two rhinos knocking at my door. So i said okay come one right in, even though there were two rhinos at my door...

Luckily i made the Refugee survive by walking to the western mountain separating my colony, before the angry tribals arrive.

As predicated, Angry ooga boogas came in and attacked my colony directly and forgotten about that refugee that angered them,
Two angry Rhinos jump, on ooga boogas killed some while their warriors killed one rhino and wounded the other.

Until they go... Ooogga waggaaa eeeeee!!!! And run away from that one wounded rhino, and then angry rhino killed the chief.

After that from the shack the doors opened with an small angry mob lightly armed but they killed the rhino easily. Then i almost forgot that refugee when he was now upset because then he had some mediocre stats but he was my diplomat because of high social stats...

And Named Him Pickles cause he had a pickle for brains and had some mental breaks, but i will always call him that one guy that came when i had a rhinoceros problem and summoned a bunch of angry tribesmen to fix my manhunting rhino rampage problem... And those were from my noob days!

Not as funny right now, but it was Random because of Randy, even though he wanted to see my colony burn down, guess he laughed at Pickle's misery as well and those tribals walking into a mommy and daddy rhinos, and almost getting killed by them... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

This reminds me of a feature Gnomoria.  When goblins attacked you could chop them up and make them into sausages / sandwiches / etc., and then you could tell one of your gnomes to carry the stack to a goblin village to enrage them ("look what we did to your brothers!") and provoke an even larger attack next season.

It would be neat if Rimworld had a similar taunting feature; send a video of the humiliation of one of your captives to the local pirate base to provoke an attack so that way they can deal with the ship part that landed and save you the trouble.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

Please don't tell the health inspectors  :-X

Snowpig

Had a tribal Base in a tropical swamp biome.
Trade caravan of another (gentle) tribe arrived.
The colonists were all busy in the fields, so the caravan was waiting for a while.
Caravan leader, who happened to have the trait "pyromaniac" went on fire starting spree out of boredom.
80% of the base lost to the fire.  :'(

Kirby23590

Actually, i always build an second freezer...

Just to hide dead bodies full of raiders that i have killed, Even for non-cannibal colonies... Let's just say, they are a better alternative to dog food... Or making Chemfuel, i'm low in chemfuel supplies. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Shurp

Quote from: Pangaea on September 02, 2019, 07:06:36 AM

***WHY*** would you do this?  I don't understand... shells don't require freezing, and you can put your spare dining tables anywhere... are you just trying to drive your pawns mad?

Pangaea

Quote from: Shurp on September 02, 2019, 04:03:49 PM
Quote from: Pangaea on September 02, 2019, 07:06:36 AM

***WHY*** would you do this?  I don't understand... shells don't require freezing, and you can put your spare dining tables anywhere... are you just trying to drive your pawns mad?

;D

It was a temporary solution that lasted longer than it should have. The room actually existed when I started on the map (though I tore down the steel walls and put up granite at some point). Once I got mortars I put shells in there for easier access, and it already had a table so pawns could get there instead of stupidly eating anywhere (they still do, but yeah..). Then a big raid came, and we had lots of bodies. I figured I could use them as food for the army of panther haulers instead of cremating them all. So I put two coolers in there (to combat hot summer). This is briefly after that, before moving the table outside.

Pawns weren't too happy about seeing corpses everywhere, especially the rotting ones that couldn't fit in the new freezer, or turned bad in the heat. But *I* found it pretty funny, eating a nice lunch with a headless corpse lying right next to them. Life on the Rim is harsh! :D

Shurp

Ahhh, so you temporarily converted your ammo depot/lunch room into a corpse closet... well that at least makes some sense, lol.  I do find it hilarious that Sofia has two corpses at the table to chat with while eating.

Pangaea

Wow. I've never seen anything close to this high resistance before, well over 100. He's not even that good, but with two nice traits (and one terrible). Resistance appears to heavily rely on traits, and not so much skills.

Poor girl came back a second time. Not so lucky now. Saw another guy earlier too, that was lagging far behind his buddies. He had a leg shot off, injuries still not healed, and an eye cut out. Then I remembered. This was a prisoner with a bionic eye that we decided to borrow before releasing him. I find it pretty cool that this can happen, and that raiders aren't just randomly generated for each raid.

Pangaea