[1.0] (WIP) Tenants (2019-11-10)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, September 05, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeTreeSnake

-Tenants-

This mod is a work in progress! Bug reports, feedback, and comments are appreciated!

-Description-
This mod was inspired by Orion's Hospitality and my desire to have longer-term interations with NPC colonists. This is not intended as a replacement for Hospitality; Hospitality enhances the visitor system in Rimworld while Tenants are more like regular colonists that simply have restrictions on what they do. Both mods work together just fine!

Tenants are colonists that you cannot directly control or assign to tasks. So long as you have a regular colonists present, they can randomly offer to make a contract to stay at your colony. If you prove to be a good host, they may ask to stay longer. If you mistreat them, they might leave or worse!
Couriers are responsible for delivering silver and they spawn randomly. However, they can be called for through the comms console for a small fee.
Tenants are colonists that you cannot control nor give tasks to. Should you mistreat them, they'll leave and or other bad things may happen. A contract is randomly made with the only restriction that you must have a regular colonist on the home map. Payment will be received at the end of a contract period and the tenant might ask to stay longer should you prove to be a good host.

-Features-

• Non-controllable tenant colonists that pay you for being able to live in your colony.
  • Invite tenants to stay at your colony via the Comms Console.
  • Tenants may ask to extend their contract.
  • Happy tenants may ask to join your colony.
  • Couriers to deliver money. This feature will be further enhanced.
  • A mailbox(misc) building requirement to have the events spawning.
  • Evicting a tenant will receive in no money paid.
  • Mistreating tenants may result in future consequences.
  • Tenant that don't have the colony's best interest in mind.
  • New Tenant tab to manage your tenants!
  • Customizable mod settings!

-FAQ & Compatibility & Known Issues-

• This mod can be added mid-game.
  • This mod should not cause any issues if removed mid-game; any tenants should become regular colonists. Please let me know if something breaks!
  • Tenants will occasionally take your stuff. This is normal, however you can restrict their clothing, food and drug options by accessing the tenants tab.
  • Incompatible with -> Preemptive Strike
  • There might be strange behaviors with tenants and equipment if you use Combat Extended.
  • Tenants riding animals from Giddy up, upon contract end leaves with said animal.
  • Tenants can become mayors with Psychology, this is awesome.
  • Better Pawn Control has a minor conflict where tenants are reassigned to first option for food, drugs and apparel in the list of restrictions.
  • [O21] vehicle framework

-Links-
Ludeon
GitHub
Steam Workshop
Discord

-Patreon-
I created a Patreon account since some people have asked for a way to support me!

-Special Thanks to-

• Pardeike: cause of his work on Harmony.
  • Orion: For his Hospitality mod.
  • Chicken Plucker: For the lovely images!
  • Aelanna: For the language help!
  • OskarPotocki: For his art! <3

-Updates-
2019-11-10
- Broadcast is not initially set to true.
- Mod settings updated.
- Wanted pawns are no longer wanted by your faction.
- Courier system where money is delivered through couriers instead of spawning randomly.
- A mailbox to recieve tenancy payments.
- Lowered chance for bounty hunters.
- Asynchronous relations should be fixed.

-License-
You may use this code as however you want. However, do notify me as I'd love to hear if people find use of my code! :)

Chicken Plucker

Very cool! I can't wait for this to be finalized, I am positive it will be one of those mods that will be very welcomed. I just wish we had some features similar to this in vanilla

Smexy_Vampire

Chicken Plucker

Hey Lime I saw your Steam release, if you don't mind I'll work on a preview for you

Here are some options:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Hey Lime, if it's possible I also wanna recommend changing tennant color? I noticed they spawned with a white name in-game, like colonists. Now if you're getting a massive raid and you wanna draft everybody it can get chaotic, so we may end up accidentally drafting tennants or whatever. Maybe you can change their name colors to blue or something like sky blue

Chicken Plucker

Made you this animation I hope you consider including in your mod description Lime  8)

I thought it would be very fitting for this mod

Canute

What about a video the tenant weighted at the landlord about bug's at his room, real big bugs !
Or raider knock at the door to collect the tax. :-)

LimeTreeSnake

I should totally subscribe to my own thread lol.

I'll definitely add those Chicken Plucker, many thanks!!!

Also concerning your input regarding color, that is a definite must. I'll add it to my todo list!

Ruisuki

oooooo. I had seen a poster mention he wanted to build resort hotels, looks like that might end up a possibility for him.

My base is currently huge, as it bleeds into the mountain so not sure if I can add more in my current colony at this rate. Maybe I can make it half as big as Chickens preview image. Its gonna get lit up bad during raids im afraid

LimeTreeSnake

2019-09-08
- Joinable Tenants when happy
- Spawn without weapons options in mod settings!
- Nightowl gets sleeping hours correctly
- Check when enabling working types exception when tenant unable to
- Retribution for capturing tenants
- Check correctly relations during retribution
- Drug/Food in tenant tab. It's getting huuuuge which is bad m'kay
- Tenants ask to stay too much. Option to not ever ask added.
- Option to auto renew contracts
- Labels on tenant checkbox stuff
- Changed the language.xml into a more streamlined version
- Contract conclusions are now letters instead of messages.

Ruisuki

what does the retribution look like?

does this mod add more tabs at the bottom? If so is there any countermeasure for this? I cant add any more, even fluffys relation mod doesnt appear anymore for me so not sure what other tab will disappear if i add more tabs

any tenant events planned? I feel like adding some will further differentiate this with hospitality.

LimeTreeSnake

Sorry for the late reply!

Well basically, at the moment it takes the form of an raid ala Inigo Montoya does revenge.

Sadly, it adds another tab yes. I didn't want to clutter the working/assign etc etc tabs with tons of tenants that does not work. :)

Tenant events are in the pipe but it'll take a while to get them into the mod as I have been squashing tons of bugs lately! ^-^ Plans are as an example, moles and thieves.

LimeTreeSnake

2019-09-09
- Uploaded fix for tenant event not spawning.
- Remade color label check for tenants
- Tenantcomp should see if it's null before trying to get its contents.
- Fixed an issue with tenant generation where if they had no faction caused errors when they spawned as villagers.
- Tenants can be of other races.
- Null checks when generating pawns.
- Makes sure pawns are not strange non-food eating, non tool using, non humanlike machines.

Ruisuki

Quote from: LimeTreeSnake on September 09, 2019, 06:51:00 PM
Sorry for the late reply!

Well basically, at the moment it takes the form of an raid ala Inigo Montoya does revenge.

Sadly, it adds another tab yes. I didn't want to clutter the working/assign etc etc tabs with tons of tenants that does not work. :)

Tenant events are in the pipe but it'll take a while to get them into the mod as I have been squashing tons of bugs lately! ^-^ Plans are as an example, moles and thieves.
Ah thats tough to hear. Do you happen to know of any mods that allow me to minimize or expand the tabs that appear at the bottom maybe? I really like the sound of this mod but im afraid any future tabs are unlikely to appear for me

LimeTreeSnake

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 11, 2019, 02:11:06 AM
Ah thats tough to hear. Do you happen to know of any mods that allow me to minimize or expand the tabs that appear at the bottom maybe? I really like the sound of this mod but im afraid any future tabs are unlikely to appear for me

I fear I do not :( Apologies, I feel this mod truly requires the tab and it'd be hard to implement it in another way without sacrificing screen space or readability.

Hjkma

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 11, 2019, 02:11:06 AM
You can install RIMMSqol and use the mod settings to disable tabs that you do not need.