Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A1win

I was new to RimWorld (less than a couple of weeks ago), streaming on Twitch, on one of my first Ice Sheet colonies on Randy Extreme. I didn't have a good idea on how to deal with the Evil Ship (previously I had just shot it a couple of times and let animals deal with the mechs, but no animals on ice sheet...). I got this crazy idea of surrounding the ship with a very tight wall with a 1-tile gap and inner walls so that when the mechs spawn, they spawn into these separate 1-tile "rooms" around the ship and I can just destroy the ship, if I get lucky enough. So this is what happens:

• Wall is ready. It's made out of wood.
  • I open one of the 1-tile rooms so I can hit the ship.
  • I hit the ship.
  • A huge number of mechs spawn (like 6 or so, a lot more than I had seen before). Two of them spawn in the spot that I had just opened.
  • Run!
  • Now there's a Scyther and a Centipede outside the wall at the ship, more inside the walls. I have no sniper rifles. The Scyther can out-range everything so I can't do anything about it.
  • A trader appears. They have rocket launchers for sale. Someone suggests in chat to buy a rocket launcher, and I can't think of anything better to do. I check their stats, and decide to buy a Doomsday Rocket Launcher rather than the Triple one. It costs all my silver.
  • We talk a bit about that the rocket launcher probably has only one use. I'm not sure why but I forget the fact, so I proceed to "snipe" the Scyther, trying to catch it within the blast radius.
  • I fire the launcher at the Scyther. It moves out of the blast radius. There now is some fire on the ground near the ship but it isn't really doing anything.
  • I'm like err, so this thing did have only one use. Now what, game over?
  • The wooden wall catches fire and frees one more Scyther from its 1-tile room. So now I'm like ok, better luck next game...
  • Something else happens so I focus on the base, it's not like there's anything I can do about the ship anymore, with two Scythers and the Centipede guarding it. I deal with whatever it is, and suddenly...
  • "Roof Collapse!" What?! Where?!
  • The wooden wall around the ship has burned to the ground, and as the last block broke, the roof collapsed on the ship, and destroyed it instantly.
  • In a previous game, I had complained about the roof collapse mechanic and how annoying it is. Now it's like the best thing ever, so I keep laughing at it a bit before I realize that now all the mechs are actually attacking my base... Well, all but one, who also died under the roof.

Err, I forget how it ends, so let's just say everyone lived happily ever after (at least until the next set of events that Randy threw at us).

milon

What version are you playing?  I thought that a roof won't form over the crashed ship part anymore...

A1win

This was on A11b. It obviously is an exploit, but I was completely unaware of its existence at the time.

Then there's the exploit where you can enclose the ship with a gapless wall and damage the ship with grenades, causing the spawn event to occur without acatually spawning any mechs. This exploit is much more serious than the roof collapse one, since at least when the roof collapses, you don't get any loot.

Segrog

It was winter, and all the muffalo were starving because there was no grass or bushes. Suddenly some cargo pods dropped and they were filled with chocolate. "Cool," I thought to myself, "I'll haul the chocolate back to my base." but before I could even select a colonist, a herd of 6 or so muffalo sprinted over to the chocolate and just DEVOURED all of it. There was one muffalo, how ever, that got no chocolate because he was so slow. Then, I got an alert. "A local muffalo has gone mad!" turns out, it was the same muffalo that got no chocolate. I just imagine him being like "REALLY? YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME ANY FUCKING CHOCOLATE?" to his friends and then being so mad he just went insane.

muffins

Quote from: Segrog on July 30, 2015, 12:56:16 AM
It was winter, and all the muffalo were starving because there was no grass or bushes. Suddenly some cargo pods dropped and they were filled with chocolate. "Cool," I thought to myself, "I'll haul the chocolate back to my base." but before I could even select a colonist, a herd of 6 or so muffalo sprinted over to the chocolate and just DEVOURED all of it. There was one muffalo, how ever, that got no chocolate because he was so slow. Then, I got an alert. "A local muffalo has gone mad!" turns out, it was the same muffalo that got no chocolate. I just imagine him being like "REALLY? YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME ANY FUCKING CHOCOLATE?" to his friends and then being so mad he just went insane.
lol

Something similar happened to me. Middle of winter and I purchased a ton of chocolate from a trader then forgot about it while I did other stuff. I happened to scroll back to the exterior trading beacon and saw that a squirrel had eaten half of it. Chocolate seems to count as food for animals but offers very little in the way of hunger satisfaction so the squirrel was chain-eating all my chocolate. Naturally I was all NOOOoooOoooOOOooo! My chocolate! And ordered a nearby colonist to shoot the stupid thing.

I sat there for what must have been about a minute or two watching the squirrel eat my chocolate while the colonist was constantly shooting at and missing the target. Eventually I had to order the colonist to club the stupid squirrel to death with his gun just to save what little chocolate remained.

Only about a quarter of the original amount of chocolate was saved.

I hate squirrels.

Haecriver

My best shooter (lvl 15) is a 50 year old medieval lord.
His statistics are the best of my colonists and he has a good sniper.
But I've never see him succeed at shooting and during the last hunting expedition, he just shot off the leg of one of my innocent colonist.
Now is known as "Lord Cataract"
'pardon my french'

Mr.Night

Install peg leg, doctor has medicine level of 9 i think (or somewhere there abouts) see surgery failed in a minor way (think to my self okay so he got cut, we are on a ice sheet i cant spare medicine for this) take a look HIS SPINE WAS REMOVED. how do you even... well i guess we need to do one more bill, may as well euthanize him.

Warriser

Quote from: muffins on July 30, 2015, 06:34:33 AM
Quote from: Segrog on July 30, 2015, 12:56:16 AM
lol

Something similar happened to me. Middle of winter and I purchased a ton of chocolate from a trader then forgot about it while I did other stuff. I happened to scroll back to the exterior trading beacon and saw that a squirrel had eaten half of it. Chocolate seems to count as food for animals but offers very little in the way of hunger satisfaction so the squirrel was chain-eating all my chocolate. Naturally I was all NOOOoooOoooOOOooo! My chocolate! And ordered a nearby colonist to shoot the stupid thing.

I sat there for what must have been about a minute or two watching the squirrel eat my chocolate while the colonist was constantly shooting at and missing the target. Eventually I had to order the colonist to club the stupid squirrel to death with his gun just to save what little chocolate remained.

Only about a quarter of the original amount of chocolate was saved.

I hate squirrels.
I had a similar thing happen while using the Overhaul Pack. It was the dead of winter then tequila fell from space. Well I sent my grumpy hungry colonists to go get it, only to watch a Rimwolf and Hare get blackout drunk....
While my colonists were sad I saw it as free meat and booze.
Win Win

Segrog

Quote from: Mr.Night on August 14, 2015, 12:35:30 AM
Install peg leg, doctor has medicine level of 9 i think (or somewhere there abouts) see surgery failed in a minor way (think to my self okay so he got cut, we are on a ice sheet i cant spare medicine for this) take a look HIS SPINE WAS REMOVED. how do you even... well i guess we need to do one more bill, may as well euthanize him.
Rip in peace

CB elite

> Sapper throwing grenades at wall
> Walls finally break
> Marshal with shotgun shoots sapper as soon as he walks through hole in wall
> Rest of raiders flee instantly
8)

TheDirge

Seeing a visitor get hit by lightning

He survived barely

Jorlem

Was waiting out a warg attack during a toxic fallout volcanic winter.  Then I got this popup:

A Friend

A minipede being carried along by a colonist.

3 Seconds later...

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

pigman999999999

romatic music with a lamma in the back round do i need to go any further