Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

So I was playing around with a mod that added ai and robots to help your colony and I ended up buying a delivery drone (like the ones from Amazon) to move stuff around for me. The first thing it does is pick up and entire chunk of marble that is bigger than the robot itself and fly around like its nothing. Amazon really did make the ultimate delivery drone, NOW BOW DOWN TO YOUR MARBLE CARRYING AMAZON DRONE!
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Darkfirephoenix

Sooo... one of my doctors has finally done it. I had a prisoner with a shot of leg so I ordered that he would get a peg leg, one of my best doctors went to work (skill of ~8-9 and yes hes completely healthy)... and I get the message "catastrophic operation failure", so I go and look and see that the friggin doctor ACCIDENTIALLY removed the BRAIN while operating on the LEG. WTF?!  :o

milon

Your doctor must have REALLY hated that guy's faction.  "LOL, whoops! Look what I did!"

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

ButteryButters

Most of my funny moments tend to also be gruesome sadly.

One such incident playing with Ultimate Overhaul I rushed to make a flak cannon but gave it my weakest shot. Not long after a raid happens and we beat back the invaders. Only survivor of the raid was a 62 year old man with 2 cataracts, a bad spine, and an old brain injury making him literally useless so I send flakky in to finish him of. 4 shots later I find out he literally shot of all his limbs without killing him at point blank range with a shotgun xD
So now I feel bad so I capture him and doctor him up, giving him steel arms and simple prosthetic legs. Still with that brain injury he can barely get from his room to the dining room and back to his room in a full day. Luckily for me I was swimming in silver from selling an excellent golden grand sculpture so when a prosthetic trader came by I'd buy anything he needed. Soon he was kitted with advanced bionic eyes, legs, arms, and spine. Even with the brain injury he was now able to be helpful.

Now remember Flakky? He has since been relegated to mining constantly. Eventually he broke to heat, exhaustion, hunger, and execution penalty (executed a particularly annoying raider). Guess who stopped Flakky on his rampage? The guy whose limbs he blew off. Now that's what you call ironic xD
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

Darkfirephoenix

Small update on my "I accidentially removed this guys brain" doctor: He never failed any operation before and after (maybe he just didn't like the guy, but the guy who lost his brain never hurt any of my people...). But 1 day later karma got him: He has now a radiation burn scar on his brain (9/10 hitpoints left but constant high pain. And yes I play modded), which will surely remind him of what he did.  ;D

MultiDavid

So... my 14 animal skill dude somehow tamed a thrumbo at 0% chance, i am unable to post the screenshot but wow.

Coenmcj

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 21, 2015, 05:58:46 PM
So... my 14 animal skill dude somehow tamed a thrumbo at 0% chance, i am unable to post the screenshot but wow.
You can upload to Imgur or another hosting site. :)
That sounds amazing though!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

MultiDavid

Quote from: Coenmcj on September 21, 2015, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: MultiDavid on September 21, 2015, 05:58:46 PM
You can upload to Imgur or another hosting site. :)
That sounds amazing though!

https://imgur.com/xXWGMMu

( it doesn't say in there but he was level 14 XD )

Regret

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 27, 2015, 02:38:02 AM
Quote from: Cimanyd on August 25, 2015, 03:05:07 PM
"A pack of man-hunting elephants have entered the area. They will roam the region, hunting for humanoid flesh." This sounds more terrifying than wargs!

Fortunately, it looks like a pack of elephants is only two elephants. This should be interesting.
If it comes early enough, the pack contains only one creature even if it's a single warg.

Fortunately they weren't trained in door opening!
I had a warg event with over 20 wargs and one guy who kept getting knocked down, recovering, taking 3 steps and getting downed again.
That is how I learned 2 things:
- Downed pawns can recover on their own.
- connect your rooms! Everyone went berserk from hunger eventually.

Eike Peace

I just got a Weapon Trader called "New lubricant".

There could be a mistake in the german translation, or we're going to get some Saints Row 3 stuff in here.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Eike Peace on September 27, 2015, 03:56:34 PM
I just got a Weapon Trader called "New lubricant".

There could be a mistake in the german translation, or we're going to get some Saints Row 3 stuff in here.
Did you never encounter "Ludeon Lubricants"? Yes those names are randomly generated, so you can end up with funny names. ;)

Alitaria

So the other day I had a siege raid, fairly bog standard group. Few pistols, few charge rifles, one or two melee attackers, and a single sniper.
As per the norm I send my best hunter out (Level 20 Shooting, Careful Shooter Trait, 2 Bionic Eyes, 2 Bionic Arms and a Superior Sniper Rifle) - This guy was a monster.
Anyhow I force target their sniper so he could pick the rest off without any returned fire afterwards. He starts shooting, *Bang* *Bang* and the enemy sniper drops he gun...
Confused I check his status and my guy had shot both of his arms off XD
It was beautiful, I ended up just letting that guy live, I'd ruined his day enough
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

hyperkiller

My colonist gave my prisoner a meal then one of my dogs came running up and ate it right in front of him.

ButteryButters

So I had another rather funny moment, again with Ultimate overhaul with the GlitterTech patch.

As UTTERLY TIME CONSUMING as it is to make magnetic coils I managed to make a Cruise Missile Turret for the first time. I think ok, explosion can't be that big right? I get raided by Nobals just as a group of Marines and Tribals are leaving. There is only one way into my base as you can see from this picture below. Note this isn't the same save, my old save vanished annoyingly so I used the debug mode to build this day one, using Cybernetic Androids from Prepare Carefully to speed up the hauling and cleaning :P

So imagine two groups of 6 people trying to leave through there at the same time as 12 Norbals rushing my base. A cruise missle goes off automatically once I hit the switch to send it power. Its got I think something like a 12-25 tile radius depending and where it strikes. Half the Norbals go away immediately and suddenly I am immediately hostile to the Marines and Group of tribals that were visiting. And all those turrets (I had more gatling turrets as well as an Avenger in addition to the Browning in my old game) go off on the 12 guys that were in the entrance :P Not long after I get raided twice in quick succession, first the marines then the tribals.

Not sure if a retribution strike is in vanilla or added by a mod but between the Norbals (12), bith groups of visitors (12) the attacking Tribals (16) and the attacking Marines (10) thats 50 men and women killed in the span of 3 game days all because of one completely overpowered cruise missile xD

And the best part? The GlitterTech Cruise Missile Turret uses NO AMMO. So the instant these guys raided me they were greeted by a cruise missile within 60 seconds of being on the map, and it hit half of there groups and wiped them out, 5 marines (3 dead 2 in shock) and 8 tribals (all dead) Unfortunately I forgot to turn it off and it fired at them while they were in my entrance x.x those little SIF shields can't take a cruise missile and it destroyed the roof supports caving in the room xD

Quote from: hyperkiller on September 28, 2015, 12:42:23 PM
My colonist gave my prisoner a meal then one of my dogs came running up and ate it right in front of him.

You have badass dogs my good sir. I don't send my prisoners food c: If I am playing vanilla I kind of have to but in Ultimate Overhaul I put a serving table in the prisoners rooms and set it to receive only Nutrient Paste Meals and Jerky. The only place to cook jerky in UOH is a simple grill. In the Bills I set it so it only cooks jerky from human meat, only cooks 10 of them, and are hauled to the best stockpile which is the serving table. That way there is no chance a colonist will take a human jerky meal, only a prisoner. Sounds sick but damnit Prisoners are expensive to keep when you have 12 of them your trying to sell and harvest from xD
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail