Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZioN

When my only cook walked in front of my hunter and got his jaw blown off, he couldn't eat... the irony
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

Turps

Well not the funnest but... Clones one aged 29 other 32 same stats except +2 growing on the top one and different traits, both can't do violence or cooking.
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

hyperpeople

Priorities. She has them  :P Youre not you when your angry

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 25, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.

skullywag

Quote from: hyperpeople on April 24, 2015, 03:25:23 PM

At that range, squirrel is more dangerous.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

hyperpeople

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 25, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.

Regret

Quote from: hyperpeople on April 25, 2015, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: skullywag on April 24, 2015, 03:33:29 PM
Quote from: hyperpeople on April 24, 2015, 03:25:23 PM

At that range, squirrel is more dangerous.

It wasn't attacking ;)
Irrelevant! kill it before it lays eggs!

Makz

Built An Awesome base. My colonists were chilling;they had pistols and grenades. Everything went glori... Oh no. Raiders with sniper rifles invaded the base.Everyone dies!!!

Chaplain

Made a game populated by co-workers.  I had a female co-worker hunting a boar another who had immigrated from Australia was harvesting a berry bush near the boar.  Right on queue co-worker #1 shoots co-worker #2 and I could just hear him yelling with his accent, "WTF B****!?  YOU SHOT ME!  YOU F***ING SHOT ME!!!"

Then next day I got them to act it out at work.  It was priceless.

milon

^ Must have been awesome!  Pics or it didn't happen.  :P

TitaniumTurtle

So my latest recruit had a melee of 9 and shooting of 3, but because of the way I set up my defenses, melee is essentially useless so I gave him a rocket launcher figuring that he couldnt really miss with that. about a week ingame after recruiting him I get the "Alpha Beavers" scenario. I immediately set all beavers to be hunted and all colonists to prioritize hunting. This dumbass walks up to 3 beavers and at point blank fires the rocket launcher. Not only does he kill all the beavers, but he destroys all the trees around them, starts a huge fire destroying more trees (-.-), destroys the rocket launcher (I didnt know you could do that), and gets launched like 12 squares backwards. He somehow manages to survive without losing any limbs (although they are all shredded) and is completely healed after a single night in the medical wing. I very quickly changed his priorities to crafting...

Regret

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on April 28, 2015, 09:39:27 PM
So my latest recruit had a melee of 9 and shooting of 3, but because of the way I set up my defenses, melee is essentially useless so I gave him a rocket launcher figuring that he couldnt really miss with that. about a week ingame after recruiting him I get the "Alpha Beavers" scenario. I immediately set all beavers to be hunted and all colonists to prioritize hunting. This dumbass walks up to 3 beavers and at point blank fires the rocket launcher. Not only does he kill all the beavers, but he destroys all the trees around them, starts a huge fire destroying more trees (-.-), destroys the rocket launcher (I didnt know you could do that), and gets launched like 12 squares backwards. He somehow manages to survive without losing any limbs (although they are all shredded) and is completely healed after a single night in the medical wing. I very quickly changed his priorities to crafting...
I thought rocket launchers were always single use?

TitaniumTurtle

Quote from: Regret on April 29, 2015, 09:14:55 AM
I thought rocket launchers were always single use?

Yeah, I wasnt sure. I thought so too, but Im pretty sure he fired it at least once before that, and the raider I took it from fired it once. Unless Im somehow mistaken. I think maybe 3 times, because just before I gave it to him it was at 66%. Im not exactly sure if thats at all what the percentage represents, but that would have been the third shot so it makes sense to me.

Chaplain

got a weird glitch (reported earlier) where the hunters were always going into point blank range when hunting like they were executing the critter.  I noticed this pretty quick but as I'm watching my hunter (same co-worker from above lol) just walks right up next to a boomrat and before I realize what she was doing she aims her survival rifle at and plugs it.  It immediately explodes and she of course catches fire running around panicking.  Something tells me she's going to be unwilling to re-enact this one even if I provided the lighter fluid.

TitaniumTurtle

Quote from: Chaplain on April 29, 2015, 09:21:44 PM
got a weird glitch (reported earlier) where the hunters were always going into point blank range when hunting like they were executing the critter.  I noticed this pretty quick but as I'm watching my hunter (same co-worker from above lol) just walks right up next to a boomrat and before I realize what she was doing she aims her survival rifle at and plugs it.  It immediately explodes and she of course catches fire running around panicking.  Something tells me she's going to be unwilling to re-enact this one even if I provided the lighter fluid.

So after my own debacle with this I did some digging and figured something out. They cant shoot through the personal shield, so if they are wearing one they have to shoot from point blank otherwise their own shield will block the shot. You probably have shields on all of your hunters. Thats why the only raiders with shield use melee weapons.

Chaplain

Opened up a ruin accidentally while digging in a mountain and got lucky that nothing immediately attacked me and I'm all like, "Hmmmm... Let's take this opportunity and get ready for all hell to break loose.  For context my last two ruins were:

1)  A room full of corpses and very much active scythers.  More bodies were added.

2)  A room with only one scyther (DIE! DIE! DIE!!!) and a bunch of still sealed pods.  Unsealed one and it began to look like a scene out The Mummy with mega scarabs everywhere.  Many bodies and enough meat to last the winter.

So I setup a bunker on one of the room with embrasures, auto guns, and a vulcan cannon just for good measure.  Got all the colonists into combat gear and armed to the teeth before setting them into cover.

With everything set I took my least valuable colonist and ordered him to open a pod preparing for death, screaming, shooting and general mayhem.

1 dead and 5 unconscious cryptosleepers.  Whelp.  Crap.  I guess I can at least shoot the dead one with the vulcan instead of burning him!  WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!