Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perlex

A hive just spawned inside his cell...I guess he won't be a prisoner anymore  ::)

Lakuna

Jymmie

so I spawned in and there was one of the large rooms with cryopod in it right where i wanted to setup shop. i built it into my wall just because it was the best spot on the map. know there could be a mech or two inside i chose to not open it. about a month later i thought i was ready. had some defenses setup. but to my dismay there where 2 centipedes and 2 scythers and i was like holy shit RIP colony. i was at least smart enough to deconstruct the wall outside of my defences. but as it turns out that that was their home and they stayed there for about two months. so i just locked my doors outside and just let them be.(i had one other way into my base.) anytime visitors or raiders came by they got destroyed  by the mechs until i got the "friendly's coming to help" notice and was prepared to watch the blood bath when they snipe the two scythers from afar and then bust into the room to and killed both centipedes all without losing one pawn. after that i went in and looted about 50 corpses.

The-MathMog

So this just happened...

I am keeping my chickens out in the fields, so I don't have to actively feed them, which would be quite costly, as I now have over 200 chickens..

But.. A siege just landed. And where did they land? RIGHT where most of my chickens were, and it was night so they were sleeping.

Which resulted in 70+ dead chickens, and the raiders wasting a triple rocket launcher on a baby chick haha!

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: Jymmie on June 13, 2016, 12:18:26 AM
so I spawned in and there was one of the large rooms with cryopod in it right where i wanted to setup shop. i built it into my wall just because it was the best spot on the map. know there could be a mech or two inside i chose to not open it. about a month later i thought i was ready. had some defenses setup. but to my dismay there where 2 centipedes and 2 scythers and i was like holy shit RIP colony. i was at least smart enough to deconstruct the wall outside of my defences. but as it turns out that that was their home and they stayed there for about two months. so i just locked my doors outside and just let them be.(i had one other way into my base.) anytime visitors or raiders came by they got destroyed  by the mechs until i got the "friendly's coming to help" notice and was prepared to watch the blood bath when they snipe the two scythers from afar and then bust into the room to and killed both centipedes all without losing one pawn. after that i went in and looted about 50 corpses.

I've killed that number immediately after landing with only the pistol and rifle. I had on no mods, just superior tactics. It took ages.  :D
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

muffins

Raiders attack and after all the fighting is finished I notice a dead pirate in the chicken area, so I check to see what killed him ...

It turns out that in the distant future, chickens have teeth!

Vaporisor

Ha ha!  Actually chicken with teeth is plausible.  It is redundant genetic code.  Rarely, they will have teeth via mutation.  So for colonies, is plausible they bred toothed chickens to improve survivability.  Is origins of the old saying, rare as hen's teeth.

Atavism can cause some freaky stuff..
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Plymouth

I didn't know that the escaped pawns re-appeared, but this case has definately proven that they do, as well as proving how little pirates care.

Magmaul

Setting up my colony in mountainous tropical rainforest.
My heroic woodcutter Steven Rogers is returning back to the colony. Suddenly he fell asleep in the middle of the kitchen because of sudden Sleeping sickness, so i sent my doc to take him to improvised medical room.
Lying here for about 2 days and the very doc joined him with the same illness. Now my poor medieval oaf must take care about them all with limited starting medicine and Toxic fallout outside. I had a small hope that that one medieval farm oaf with medical skill on 1 could take care of them when he could only cook poisonous potatoes as a simple meal. I think it was just too much on him. He decided to sleep in the freezer.

nguadien

Once, I had a colony with 10 colonists.
We hunted most beasts, and bought many things from space ships.
We can live on for many years to come, but all my colonists' researching skills is 1 at max.

Then one day, a girl with the title Monarch and the name Fiona visited my colony with her mother, and was surprised so see that her research skill is 17. I had Hospitality mod, so I tried to recruit her, but she turned down the offer and prepared to leave my colony.

In a fit of anger, I snapped and drafted my hunter named Siegfried to closely follow the monarch. Right when her mother is passing by 5 turrets at my entrance, I order the hunter to arrest Fiona asap.

The mother, upon seeing this, brandished a triple rocket launcher and shot down Siegfried before she turned into a bee hive of bullet holes.
Needless to say, I have a new prisoner with a broken heart having a recruitment difficulty of 99 and a crippled hunter with a broken spine.

In the next 3 months, I changed the tiles in Fiona's room to the most beautiful tiles, bought a television for her, and finally a husky, letting it stay in her room.
I expanded her room to 80 space, made wooden walls, installed a bookshelf in her room, changed her bed to a royal golden double bed.

Still she always refused my recruitment offers. Then when I bought a new painkiller spine for Siegfried, I noticed that his negotiation skill is 10. Still much worse that my female doctor with 15 negotiation skill, but I tried to let Siegfried talk to Fiona.
After 1 month of talking, Siegfried persuaded Fiona to join our cause, and 1 month later, she is in love with Siegfried.

They are going to marry and Siegfried bonded with her husky as the husky's new master as well...

They are found 10 days later in theid bed...

dead because a horde of infestation decided to eat everything in my colony.

Note to self: Always place two turrets in each bedroom. Five for the monarch's bedroom

fsovercash

I noticed the screen shaking in the middle of the night, and figured something had killed a boomalope. I investigated, and found the explosion site, still burning. The fire set off the another boomalope, which exploded and set off another. It turned into a chain reaction that killed every boomalope in the pack. They all died in their sleep from the fire.
The cause all of this destruction: The first boomalope died of a heart attack.

Le707Warrior

So, I'm playing with an all-Female colony (RIP any male raiders), and for some reason decided to buy our first male; a monkey.

Turns out, I made a colony of feminists instead of females.

Failquail

I just had a surgery go a bit wrong.
Got the message about a 'Catastrophic Surgery Failure' or thereabouts and go to look what had happened...

Somehow in the surgery to remove an infected left lung, the doctor got slightly confused and amputated the right arm instead.

Still not sure how a skilled doctor (~15) can bugger up an operation to that magnitude! :D

muffins

blub01

Quote from: Failquail on July 12, 2016, 10:11:56 AM
I just had a surgery go a bit wrong.
Got the message about a 'Catastrophic Surgery Failure' or thereabouts and go to look what had happened...

Somehow in the surgery to remove an infected left lung, the doctor got slightly confused and amputated the right arm instead.

Still not sure how a skilled doctor (~15) can bugger up an operation to that magnitude! :D

check his eyesight.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.