Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heart of Silver

I was about 15 hours into the game and my previous one ended in failure. So I decided I would start a new one but give my 3 colonists power armor and miniguns so it would be easier. Start things off and its pretty nice but of course I need some food so I decide to kill this giant herd of deer (about 25 of them) and send my hunter out. Suddenly I get this alert that by attacking one of the deer it got mad and made the other deer get mad too. I was like no big deal my colonists have power armor and miniguns. 5 minutes later all my colonists were incapacitated from being beat the shit out of by the deers, though the deers had only lost about 7 of their kin (and i bet that only infused them with more rage). I never have hunted deer in the game since.

patoka

i guess it is equally funny, cruel and impressive:
shizuka, my animal whisperer pawn, tried to tame a megasloth but she dun goofed and it suddenly attacked her. i was able to hit and run with her and her gun. i also made all the animals in my kingdom follow her order and her order was to attack. so after a minute or so the megasloth was knocked the hell out and only a muffalo lost a foot and took a heavy beating, another one took some hits, that's all. but the megasloth was bleeding like crazy. 500% almost. i had like 4 hours to save it, so i send shizuka to save that hairy beast from its impending doom. she carries it half across the map to my base to a cuddly megasloth fur animal box. kinda cute. until you see the bloody mess they made. like holy cow (more like holy muffalo) that's a lot of blood! it's like they were in hollywood and walked over the red carpet

ps: who came up with that great name "deficiency" for pets? it is my youngest and up until now completely healthy warg that learned all the commands in no time...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

JohnLemon

It must be the time a large group of pirates was building a base on the other side of the map. My hard working colonist were very busy hauling the previous pirates`food and supplies into their own stockpile. We had managed to get them early in their attack, so there was much left for my men to loot.

Suddenly a lonely pirate starts to walk across the map, toward an unfinished turret, in the defeated pirate base. Carrying arms full of metal. He was going to continue building the turret that the previous pirate group did not manage to finish. That poor idiot.

My colonist did nothing but wait for his arrival, and gun him down. Poor guy, he was largely outnumbered. But what do you think happened next? To my surprise another pirate started to walk towards the turret. Gunned him down as well. This happened over and over, until the very last man in that pirate band was gone.

I could do nothing else than laugh, what a great way to defeat such a large group of nasty pirates!
Best online-games, news and reviews

Call me Arty

Psychic ship's basically on my doormat (thanks, Randy). I have almost nothing for weapons, so I take some extra time to build a spare rifle. Not enough time, it's a medium drone now, something needs to be done. Here. and soon. So, with a handful of weapons not designed for heavy combat (couple pistols, pump shotty, and a great bow) I set up a firing squad. Three Scythers, great. So, the fight begins. Each side takes hit, mine obviously worse than the others's.
   Welp, I guess Dave, my construction dude, saw fit to start some repairs. Walked through a hail of gunfire from both sides, take half a minute to repair a solar panel and some bricks that got damaged, and hop back inside on one leg to have a snack. Wasn't shot once. Meanwhile, I lost a soldier, two lost limbs and one organ, and the last one still ended-up with extreme blood loss by the time he made it to bed.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

jamaicancastle

I almost feel bad about this... 5 raiders show up pursuing my latest refugee - one with an LMG, two with shotguns, two with knives. I send my people to the defenses.

Then I see something unusual. Two cougars have, apparently simultaneously, decided that these guys look like lunch. They fall on the last guy with a knife and kill him while he and the one with the LMG try to fight back. (Despite blazing away with her LMG she actually managed no friendly fire. Didn't help.) The LMG fire triggers group revenge, making them both manhunters.

By now the other three realize something's gone wrong. One of the shotgunners goes back, forgets momentarily how to shotgun and tries beating up the cougars with predictable results. (Viz, they savaged him until he stopped moving, and he eventually bled out.) The other shotgunner tries to front my defenses, also with predictable results. The last one decides, not irrationally, to call it quits. She's well out of gun range... but not out of cougar range.

For an encore, the cats decide to rush my guns. They're currently being made into burgers.

Chestergazi

Funniest thing i ever saw on Rimworld?
Well Hare beating my Colonist that have more than 100 kills!
Rest In Pieces.

patoka

Quote from: muffins on January 28, 2015, 02:09:47 AM
I was saving up a TON of gold so that my lvl 16-artistic pop singer "Min" could sculpt yet another masterpiece for the colony, only this time in gold!

Instead some drooling philistine grabbed all the gold and made an awful golden statue with it. Half a ton of solid gold and it's not much prettier than a potted plant.

Still sold it for a ton of silver and 12+ bionic arms, legs, eyes and claws [/evil grin]

yo what the hell
i also have an artistic pop singer called "Min"
what are the odds

also: you could have made a single statue building task that only asks for golden statues and only allows colonists with an art skill above a certain level to work on it. but personally, i only make those medium statues out of wood. cheap, low risk, easy to mass produce (i have like 40 colonists in vanilla A17) and still sell for a lot of money with a good trader and if the statues are masterworks or legendary i keep them to make my fortress look nice.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Kirby23590

The Funniest that has ever happened to me in Rimworld has to be with a combat supplier caravan arriving.

Theres a problem though. The poor trader who has a artery blockage is suffering a heart attack and hes still far away from my colony. I'm also using a weapon mod that added a M79 grenade launcher but it's very rare, and he's selling it!

What did i do? Well i told my best person with the social skill to trade with before he falls down and buy a lot of his weapons including the M79 grenade launcher and sold most of my potatoes and my rice ( They were flooding my freezer! serves me right building two large farms of rice then. ) And made a mad rush to get all the weapons from the ground before the deteriorate from being unroofed in the outdoors.

It was a close call but the trade started to have intense pain and laid down in the ground finally in the colony's entrance.

But the funniest thing is that he didn't die, he survived and just ran towards to the nearest exit while the caravan guards are left confused and the guards started falling asleep in the floor thus making them heavily stressed out. And the guards started leaving only for them, one by one going berserk or falling sleep again in the ground, killing each other until they started to flee. Yay free stuff and weapons!!

It was weird though, but it made quite chuckle. Randy can be really random these days if he's not making random electronics bust and wasting  my components repairing them.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Treme1

This has to be the most interesting named pawn I've ever gotten, she's a great cook.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Slimy_Slider

The taster part is a backstory description. The info panel tells you the name and the backstory - so Wong is a food taster, therefore, Wong should have a decent cooking skill, I think.

Canaris

Pyromaniac decided to go on a fire starting spree ..... in my tribal colony, inside a mountain on an extreme desert where everything is made either of sandstone, marble or steel because there are literally three cactii on the entire map... Poor guy just wandered around for a while and decided to go for a snack.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

patoka

Quote from: blub01 on January 21, 2016, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Regret on January 15, 2016, 01:18:22 AM
Quote from: blub01 on December 31, 2015, 08:11:13 AM
so, one of my colonists just got sick. of the flu. and the plague. at once. lol, didn't even know that was possible.
Man, you might as well euthanize him.

actually, he survived. I have a beast of a medic.

honestly, if you arent at constant war/trying to survive by any means at the moment and have a decent enough doc or two, having a single patient with multiple sicknesses is easier on your colony than having multiple sick pawns. (except if you pull a north korea and send all your sick people to work in the afternoons)
i personally let all my sick people sleep it off without having them work, except in absolute emergencies, so having a single one with tons of injuries and sicknesses is actually better.
i remember i was around 20 pawns once and just handled a raid with three badly shot up pawns and 3 new prisoners in my formerly empty prison cell. before my docs could even tend to all the cuts and bruises, fibrous mechanites and half a minute later the black death struck. i am not sure about the exact combination, but i remember having at least a prisoner and a colonist with both conditions but also a number of others that only had one of them. due to me tending to the sicknesses first, the cuts and bruises from the battle got infections (at least i stopped them from bleeding to death soon enough. if i am not mistaken, in the end i had a prisoner with both fibrous mechanites and the pestilence, two infections (from untended burns he got from another raider) and extreme bloodloss.
long story short, nobody died, eventhough i had 4 cases of mechanites, 5 cases of black death and countless infections due to pirates deciding to kill us with fire and me fighting fire with fire. took a while to get everything back and nicely done and stuff and i might have amputated a toe or finger here and there, but i guess this was an extreme case so it should be entirely possible to solve for others since i was still a beginner. maybe use better medicine in dire situations and dont tend to wounds and bruises if there are more important things to solve first, maybe amputate unimportant body parts. especially lungs and kidneys are easily replacable, but also the heart and liver are possible in dire times.

before i finish my long post i have to tell you about a time my plan didnt work out. i dont remember many details anymore, but some of you might remember from reading up on the wiki, that when an infection happens, it is possible (if unlikely) that the pawn immediately dies due to its consciousness being already very low. something similar happened to me when one of my prisoners got an infection and i was JUST about to heal it when it turned severe it killed the pawn. kind of annoying when the pawn wouldve survived all conditions on their own but everything together was too much. then again, i guess a single cut doesnt kill anybody, but a thousand cuts can even kill a thrumbo....

MeowRailroad

One time I raided a pirate base successfully but a colonist got an infection, so I settled it as a colony so they could treat the injury before heading home. I kept the pirate buildings as a second colony that I thought I might come back to to deconstruct and mine at, but a raid of three raiders attacked it. One with a gun, one with frag grenades and the other with Molotov cocktails, and somehow the grenadiers both died through their own incompetence. The pirates gained literally nothing from that raid as they jsut destroyed some shacks and didn't even steal the few things I had left behind (a dining chair and some stone bricks left over from deconstructing the doors to get into the shacks.)
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

timegrinder

Playing the Hardcore-SK mod package, set up my bases storage room neatly and pile my ammunition and grenades/etc into some containers in a corner so that everything is organised.

Pawn has a mental break and goes on a binge, no biggie, I'll just let them go through withdrawal.

Pawn eventually reaches withdrawal stage, gets another mental break despite my best efforts to keep them satisfied, goes beserk and I think this will be okay, I'll just knock him the hell out and put him in confinement while he completes withdrawal.

I notice the pawn isn't moving toward one of the other pawns for a fight, they're moving the opposite direction toward the ammunition stockpile, select them and 'Attacking frag grenade' is their job.

Oh jesus shit did everything blow the f* up, the pawn walked up to the barrels in the corner of a room, punched a grenade, detonating all of the grenades and sending 2-3 thousand ammunition rounds spraying randomly into the room nailing several of my colonists and damaging most of the contents of the room.

Absolutely funniest thing I had seen happen in RimWorld during my time playing, I wish I had a video of it.

Kirby23590

Speaking of getting a heat wave and getting the trade caravan arriving in the desert.

The trade caravan was there but i didn't see the trader. Until i scrolled down a bit and... Oh i found him! But he's a poor old guy named Sammy  who has got a bad back and that he's frail and he's 83 years old.

And because of the heatwave, he got heatstroke so i told my best trader to trade with him and get all the food since i'm in a dire emergency and steel and also selling junk i don't need.

After done trading with him. The traders started to leave because of the extreme temperatures (Heatwave). But Mister poor Sammy. Fell over because of the heatstroke he got from the heatwave.

So the traders left him behind. Luckily unlike in A17 where they will go bonkers and start having at each other's throats they left normally and forgetting about Sammy.

Poor Sammy we hardly knew ye...

Too bad we didn't get free stuff though. Just dead man's clothing...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.