Rimworld Wiki! (old thread)

Started by williamknox, September 20, 2013, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamknox

(wiped and rewritten by Tynan)

This thread discusses us working on the RimWorld wiki at http://ludeon.com/rimworld/wiki

Come help us develop it!

Tynan

Awesome. Now we know it's a real game!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

williamknox

Can you give me some pictures like a guns/animals pretty much the in-game things so i can add pictures? If so that would be great :)

Tynan

Graphics aren't even final yet, might have to wait a tiny bit!

williamknox

Okay, I'll edit in the pictures and vids later.

Yarkista

Very good, ill get to helping out however I can.

williamknox

Thank you good sir, now I shall play more Rimworld to find out more!

thekillergreece

Thanks for creating the wikia..Why?:

Will make the game more known on internet, worldwide..

I can learn a lot what the game features :P

British

"Rimworld-guide" ?

The first thing that popped in my mind when I read that was "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Rimworld"...

Don't thank me, I strive to share.

The Ataraxist

Quote from: British on September 20, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
"Rimworld-guide"

Why not just, "RimWorld"?

After all, the game isnt called Rimworld-Guide... :/

Edit:Fix'd

Tynan

Technically it's called RimWorld, to be clear.

Of course everyone calls BioShock Bioshock, so I don't think it's a huge issue either way :D

Hypolite

It's a great idea, but I suggest we move it to RimWorld (rimworld.wikia.com) which name is available on Wikia, before we all start to contribute like crazy.

If OP doesn't want to do it, I can. Not trying to steal any thunder here, I just want what's best for RimWorld.

Tynan

I think naming it just RimWorld is the best move as well.

Yarkista

Quote from: Hypolite on September 21, 2013, 04:48:52 PM
It's a great idea, but I suggest we move it to RimWorld (rimworld.wikia.com) which name is available on Wikia, before we all start to contribute like crazy.

If OP doesn't want to do it, I can. Not trying to steal any thunder here, I just want what's best for RimWorld.

Yea "RimWorldguide" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Hypolite

Without any quick answer from williamknox, I created the RimWorld Wiki and added a few pages, mostly inventories of buildings, structures and characters traits and backgrounds. It needs at least a page about power distribution and a page about trade. A page about known bugs by version would be a nice addition, as well as a quick new player guide with the first few steps to survive.

While reading in-game description, I noticed some typos and inconsistencies with actual game number (for example in build 203 solar panels have an advertised power output of 1,500 although it is actually 1,700), I can provide with some proof-reading services if text strings are available as a separate file.