[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

rockwaffles

Hey there! I seem to be having a display issue with the new GT walls:

The walls are missing the dark outlines the normal walls have (normal wall is the first on the left).

asquirrel

I have a Jaffa race that I can't install any bionics on, nor heal any scars.  How and were do I add additional races to install the stuff on?  I'm trying to add advanced bionic eyes and ears.  Thanks! :)

Milante

Hey, longtime user of this great mod. I've had a game going on B18 for a little while, and I've run into an issue where the automatic mortars aren't firing. The mortar barrels themselves track targets outside the minimum range, but they aren't doing anything else. Unfortunately, it's not throwing any errors, either. Any advice?

Sam_

This was a bug resolved in a previous update; Mortars only fire with line of sight, contrary to their purpose.

What download method did you use and when?

I usually only update the GitHub on major releases, but the Dropbox and Steam version should have this resolved.

henk

Cannot draw radius ring of radius 60: not enough squares in the precalculated list.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenDraw:DrawRadiusRing(IntVec3, Single)
RimWorld.Building_TurretGun:DrawExtraSelectionOverlays()
RimWorld.SelectionDrawer:DrawSelectionOverlays()
RimWorld.MapInterface:MapInterfaceUpdate()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Error when clicking on the EMRG turret

Canute

henk,
thats a rimworld disadvance for weapons with a range larger then 59.

Milante

Shortly after making my post I found an earlier reply that mentioned this same bug, so I went on Github and grabbed what I thought was the most recent version, but I had the same issue. Interestingly, vanilla turrets can't fire now either (their worker spot isn't showing up, and I can't assign a pawn to them).

The last downloaded version I have has a folder named "GlitterTechNS-0.18.1755" if that helps.

Edit: Actually read your reply this time. I'm grabbing the dropbox version now and testing. Using the Github download was likely my problem.

SzaryKaptur

This mod is bullshit. Nano armos are too good and weapons ignite everyone. Its fucking impossible to win againist them.

asquirrel

Quote from: SzaryKaptur on January 17, 2018, 08:01:06 AM
This mod is bullshit. Nano armos are too good and weapons ignite everyone. Its fucking impossible to win againist them.

Download and use a shield mod.

ED shields

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37158.msg380121#msg380121

[A17/B18] Shield Generators by Frontier Developments 1.0.5

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37160.0

or ambush the suckers and melee them.  Then take all their stuff. 

or download the Rimgate mod.  Grab some Jaffa stun weapons.  Stunlock them and then have the rest of your guys beat the stuffing out of them.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1204015134&searchtext=jaffa
(no Ludeon link as far as I know).

Sam_

Quote from: SzaryKaptur on January 17, 2018, 08:01:06 AM

I'm guessing you tried to fight a technologically advanced force using the same tactics as pirates and Neolithic tribes. Of course you will lose spectacularly. If by bullshit you mean intended behaviour then I guess I agree.

Use unconventional tactics, like traps and stun weapons. Remember, your base, or animals are expendable in the face of these enemies and potential advancement through their gear.

ohpaddy

Is it possible to craft glitter/orion tech with this mod like their guns and armour? I've checked all workbenches but the only thing I can craft is the Orion Pacifier.

bolbies

I'm getting an error saying "not enough squares to get to radius 504". It also seems that mortars don't fire unless they can see the enemy. I've tried both Github and Dropbox.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: bolbies on February 03, 2018, 11:25:23 PM
I'm getting an error saying "not enough squares to get to radius 504".

Don't think that's a big issue, it's just saying it can hit anything within that radius, but cannot display it's actual radius due to size limitation on your map. I think it is anything with a radius over 60 will have this issue. Anyway, that's how I would interpret this.

bolbies

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 03, 2018, 11:40:17 PM
Don't think that's a big issue, it's just saying it can hit anything within that radius, but cannot display it's actual radius due to size limitation on your map. I think it is anything with a radius over 60 will have this issue. Anyway, that's how I would interpret this.

Okay that's good then. Do you have any idea what's up with the faulty mortars?

isavegas

I really need a mod that fixes the burning colonist AI. When my colonists get shot with an incendiary weapon, they invariably wander out of cover, directly towards the person shooting at them.