[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bankyboy1126

It says that prepare carefully isn't formatting.  Does anyone know a fix for this?

(I have turned it on in the mods section)

EdB

Quote from: bankyboy1126 on May 25, 2017, 07:19:37 PM
It says that prepare carefully isn't formatting.  Does anyone know a fix for this?

(I have turned it on in the mods section)

Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions section in the original post.  If you're getting an error that says that the mod "has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'", it explains how to fix it.

notfood

If I set any type of relationship, I can't save or load the preset. Saves and loads as long as relationships are empty.

EdB

Quote from: notfood on May 25, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
If I set any type of relationship, I can't save or load the preset. Saves and loads as long as relationships are empty.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm trying to track down what's wrong with presets--a lot of people are having trouble with them, but I can't seem to reproduce the issue.  Are you creating parent/child relationships, other relationships, or both?

matheryn

Quote from: EdB on May 25, 2017, 10:12:05 AM
Quote from: matheryn on May 25, 2017, 04:30:29 AM
hi friend,

I've been playing the new alpha 17 with a few mods and I've recently added yours and I feel that I have come across a bug now I removed all other mods just to make sure that it wasn't a conflicting mod and it seems that it isn't.

The issue that I've come across is that when you save a pre-set colony and then try and re-load them later it doesn't seem to want to load them IE nothing happens when you hit load.

Sorry if this has already been reported but I feel that it could be a bit of an annoyance to quite a few people who prefer to keep a set group of people for there colony or who want to restart till they get a great map with a set group.

Thanks,
Matheryn

Thanks for the bug report.  At least one other person has reported this, but I can't seem to reproduce the problem.  I'm able to save and load presets.  You've disabled all other mods?  Are you trying to load a preset that you just saved, or are you trying to load an older preset?  Which operating system are you running: Windows, Mac, Linux?  If you know how to look at the game's log file or bring up the development console, any error messages listed there would be helpful.

I'm running on windows 10 and yes ive disabled all other mods. loading old a16 presets seems to work but the ones I save in a17 arnt working I haven't tried taking out all the relationships yet as a previous poster mentioned so I don't know if that may also be the problem. haven't tried the dev console yet will look into that and report if I find anything

BTW thankyou for this mod it is awesome and very much what needs to be intergrated into vanilla I couldn't live without it so you have done a great job

notfood

Quote from: EdB on May 26, 2017, 12:04:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm trying to track down what's wrong with presets--a lot of people are having trouble with them, but I can't seem to reproduce the issue.  Are you creating parent/child relationships, other relationships, or both?

Seems hard to reproduce as well. I could reproduce it with these two I saved into the character pool. I could get through and save it after I remade those characters from scratch, unfortunately I rewrote the characters, I don't have the xmls anymore.

EdB

I've released a new version, v0.17.1.3 that fixes the problem with presets and fixes a compatibility issue with the Cosmic Horrors mod.

Thanks everyone here who provided feedback and information about the preset bug.  It looks like it only happened if you loaded a saved Alpha 16 character and then added that character to a relationship and then saved a preset.  This resulted in a broken preset file that could not be loaded.  Unfortunately, those preset files remain mostly broken--you can load them, and they should have all of your characters intact, but they will be missing relationships and all equipment.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

AusDave

I'm also getting the problem of not being able to load my preset colonists that I make with this version, Strangely I can load colonists I made in the previous version. But any I make in this version, or if I re-save the old colonists and then try to load them again it fails.

EdB

Quote from: AusDave on May 27, 2017, 06:58:37 AM
I'm also getting the problem of not being able to load my preset colonists that I make with this version, Strangely I can load colonists I made in the previous version. But any I make in this version, or if I re-save the old colonists and then try to load them again it fails.

Be sure that you're running the most recent version, v0.17.1.3.  The preset problem should be fixed in that version.

klun

Quote from: EdB on May 26, 2017, 07:56:46 PM
I've released a new version, v0.17.1.3 that fixes the problem with presets and fixes a compatibility issue with the Cosmic Horrors mod.

Thanks everyone here who provided feedback and information about the preset bug.  It looks like it only happened if you loaded a saved Alpha 16 character and then added that character to a relationship and then saved a preset.  This resulted in a broken preset file that could not be loaded.  Unfortunately, those preset files remain mostly broken--you can load them, and they should have all of your characters intact, but they will be missing relationships and all equipment.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

First of All thanks for your work and this awesome mod

After running some tests looks like its all fixed and working with Cosmic Horror mod. The prepare carefully button, save presets and tabs are good.  ;D

Windy__tiger

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.ResetCachedIncapableOf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.<DoWindowContents>b__8_2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page.DoBottomButtons (Rect rect, System.String nextLabel, System.String midLabel, System.Action midAct, Boolean showNext) [0x0015a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\Page.cs:94
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C1.<>m__1B3 (Int32 x) [0x001ff] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:192
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C1:<>m__1B3(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:196)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1896)

Upseting, but if you could help, i really dislike having to Roll for a decent charchter Ugh, anyway any help would be appreciated,

Running windows
Running Alpha 17.1529

EdB

Quote from: Windy__tiger on May 27, 2017, 10:22:51 PM
Upseting, but if you could help, i really dislike having to Roll for a decent charchter Ugh, anyway any help would be appreciated,

Running windows
Running Alpha 17.1529

You need to be running the latest version of Alpha 17, which is 17.1546.  There was a change in-between the version that you've got and the most recent version that's causing that error.

Windy__tiger

That speedy reply doe,
Thanks man i forgot i disabled updates so i could watch youtube my bad, Thanks again, have a good day/night

-Kind regards
Windy__tiger

Encrtia

Oh man - I was just setting up the modfest for A17, & obviously (if your ego needs anymore puffing up) your creation here was one of the top to get.

All I want to say though, is that the extra tab on the left? Add Character? That even allows me to pick a load-out from an existing faction? Sweet Niblets! Stellar Job! Truly!

Apologies if this isn't the place to say thanks, but you just re-invented Bread for me, so felt compelled to let you know how awesome your work is!
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.