[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: aminjosh on July 22, 2018, 01:23:27 AM
it doesn't work for me it says i have the wrong version. well it says the version its for is unknown can you please fix it i love this mod i just want it to work

See the note about "double-extracting" in the "To install" section on the github download page.  Make sure you didn't accidentally end up with two folders, "Mods/Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully".  It should just be "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully".  Like spyderwebsc mentions in the post above, it's easy to accidentally end up with the double-folder problem if you're using Windows Extract All.

aminjosh

Quote from: EdB on July 22, 2018, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: aminjosh on July 22, 2018, 01:23:27 AM
it doesn't work for me it says i have the wrong version. well it says the version its for is unknown can you please fix it i love this mod i just want it to work

See the note about "double-extracting" in the "To install" section on the github download page.  Make sure you didn't accidentally end up with two folders, "Mods/Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully".  It should just be "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully".  Like spyderwebsc mentions in the post above, it's easy to accidentally end up with the double-folder problem if you're using Windows Extract All.
thanks edb love your mod cant wait to use it

aminjosh

Its kinda my fault it didn't work on github the instructions say don't use the source code and i didn't read the instructions

aminjosh

Well the good news is i can activate the mod. the bad news is i cant start a new game.when i try to start a new game it wont load the world and it just brings me back to the menu when you put in a seed.

Makani

I'm wondering if anyone might know a mod that does this already, or if not, if it could be a feature suggestion:

A friend and myself like to trade character files but, of course, to use them we have to start a new game. I'm wondering if it might be possible, via another mod or new feature, to import .pcc's into a running game. Perhaps via a crashlanding event, or making them show up at the next pirate trader's arrival, or similar.

Thanks.

Syrchalis

I mean you could just spawn an escape pod event and replace the pawn with yours via savefile editing.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

WizarDoge

i get this error when i click prepare carefully button in character creation screen. And then nothing happens. Sorry if someone already mentioned a fix

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.HediffComp_GetsPermanent.get_PainFactor'.
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn) <IL 0x00236, 0x0089b>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn) <IL 0x000c2, 0x00411>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () <IL 0x00041, 0x00126>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () <IL 0x00017, 0x00079>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches.DoWindowContentsPostfix (UnityEngine.Rect,RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns) <IL 0x0006c, 0x00226>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Rect) <IL 0x000be, 0x00542>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) [0x00223] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:206)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

Edit:I found out that i downloaded the wrong version of the mod

EdB

I've released a new test release of the mod, 1.0.5, for the 1.0 unstable version of the game:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/

This version adds a few new features, including backstory filtering and the ability to customize faction leaders.

Give it a try if you don't mind a few bugs!

Treason5240

Pretty interesting being able to creature pawns for the wider world.

However, it's apparently broken the ability to customize relationships.  Familial, spousal, lover, etc, all show up in the Prepare Carefully menu when using them, but unless they were randomly created during outside of it, as soon as your pawns drop into the world, they only show up having a "friend" relationship with the other pawns.

EdB

Quote from: Treason5240 on August 04, 2018, 08:26:05 PM

However, it's apparently broken the ability to customize relationships.  Familial, spousal, lover, etc, all show up in the Prepare Carefully menu when using them, but unless they were randomly created during outside of it, as soon as your pawns drop into the world, they only show up having a "friend" relationship with the other pawns.

Thanks for the bug report.  Will fix it.

EdB

Quote from: Treason5240 on August 04, 2018, 08:26:05 PM

There's a new version available that should fix this problem:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

Treason5240

Checked out the updated version.

Custom pawn relationships are working, again.

Question:  Is it intended that any new pawn you create in the "World" tab cannot be used in a relationship with a colonist while they stay in the World tab?

Example: I created a custom pawn in the World setting, left them there, and tried to add them as the parent to first, my custom pawn, then to one of the randomly generated pawns at the start of the scenario.  The custom pawn in the World setting did not show up to add to a relationship for either one.

EdB

Quote from: Treason5240 on August 04, 2018, 11:45:33 PM
Question:  Is it intended that any new pawn you create in the "World" tab cannot be used in a relationship with a colonist while they stay in the World tab?

Not as intended.  It looks like that problem happens when you add a character using the "..." button.  Using the "Add" button looks like it works as expected.  I will fix it.

MrGrumblier

I haven't seen this anywhere else so I don't know if this is an issue with EdB Prepare Carefully or not but during the site selection phase if I choose a map size greater than 300 x 300, when I click on the reddish "Continue" after selecting the "Prepare Carefully" options it will not go forward.

Canute

MrGrumblier,
since there is currently 2 possible rimworld version out, could you say what version did you use ?