[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheetah2003

Love this mod, just starting with that.  Best mod ever.  :D  Anyway, request if that's ok.  Could you make it possible to save a colonist while in a game to be brought into a new game?

Also related if you know, is there a way to add colonists to the potential 'spawns' with enemy factions/space refugees/slaves?

EdB

Just did a quick release, 1.7.3, to fix a bug and to add back in one feature that I had taken out.

If you were having trouble with the passion buttons overlapping the skill names for the translation that you're using, this should now be fixed.  Thanks to Latta for pointing me in the right direction for the fix--sorry it was broken for so long even after you provided the translation!

I also added the "clear skills" button back in.  This lets you reset all of your passions and skills to zero (or to their minimum value based on backstory bonuses).  Thanks to Rasip for the feedback--sorry that I took out a feature that you were using!

Ray_Anor

Hi there! This mod is great.

I have two suggestions:
1. Possibility to create more than 10 colonists with this mod.
2. Some way to save colonist from active game.

Why? It will give way to the game serials  :)  ::)  And do your mod even better!

EdB

Quote from: Ray_Anor on April 02, 2015, 08:19:24 AM
Hi there! This mod is great.

I have two suggestions:
1. Possibility to create more than 10 colonists with this mod.
2. Some way to save colonist from active game.

Why? It will give way to the game serials  :)  ::)  And do your mod even better!

Creating more than 10 colonists would require a change to tabs at the top of the window so that you could fit those extra colonist names.  I'm using the existing tab widget code in the game, which doesn't support anything like scrolling or paging.  This could happen if I get inspired, but for now, building out new code to handle the tab widget is not something that I'm planning.

Saving colonists from an active game really is a great idea, but finding a place for it in the game UI and implementing the UI increases the complexity of the mod significantly.  Maybe it could be done as a add-on to the interface mod, but I don't have plans to work on this any time soon.

Joshuasca

This mod is awesome.  Now i could never play without it, it really lets you get in there and design your own colonists which makes the whole game more interesting.  One suggestion would be to allow all hairstyles, cause the RNG does this anyways, never forget my male colonist with pink pigtails! Anyways, i like the Long hair on males it looks good with the big build and the skinny one - just a suggestion you saved me thousands of hours in notebook plus trying to give my pawns custom haircuts thank you!

Kaballah

I still think you should try to price traits, because so many of them are blatantly all positive or all negative.  This mod and your interface mod (along with some others) are really awesome feature sets that I feel ought to be incorporated into the vanilla game at some point.

AntiMatter

found a bug and not sure if it's because of mods misbehaving with one another but when i try and input a name in prepare carefully it bugs out.

example: i try put in: Jake Viktor - Jakob - Greaves (every - is the next box so first box (his name) is Jake viktor then his nickname ingame is jakob then his last name is Greaves)

what i get is: Jake ktorVi - Jakob - Greaves

also the cursor appears to be in the box next to the one your entering a name for.

EDIT: i have 6 colonists but a restart seems to fix this :/
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hey, I just wanted to start off saying that I love your mod, and that it vastly improves the game for me. Unfortunately, ever since I've upgraded to Alpha 9, I've been having a hard time getting *any* mods to run, edb mods included.

I downloaded and unzipped the mods, as per usual, but every time they never seem to work correctly. I always get this:

And when I start up a world, neither mod works.

I've done the typical trouble shooting things such as clearing my data and uninstalling all my prior mods and restarting the game. Any idea what might be going on?

Kaballah

You did something I just did with another mod, you unpacked the zip into a subdirectory, that's all.  Look in Mods\EdBPrepareCarefully-1.7.3 (according to your pic) and you should see a subdirectory within it called "EdBPrepareCarefully" (exactly that).  Copy that directory and all contentsup one level and delete "EdBPrepareCarefully-1.7.3", and re-activate the mod.  Do the same for 'EdBInterface-2.6.5".

The red flag is when you look at the mod info and you see "Author: Anonymous", because the mod loader does not see the About subdirectory and its contents 1 level down.

e: In general, mod creators package their mods to be unpacked with "Extract here" rather than into a specific subdirectory.

Dragoon

Also you can (regardless if you have rar or not) can drag a drop the subfolder into mods
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Kaballah on April 04, 2015, 08:13:25 PM
You did something I just did with another mod, you unpacked the zip into a subdirectory, that's all.  Look in Mods\EdBPrepareCarefully-1.7.3 (according to your pic) and you should see a subdirectory within it called "EdBPrepareCarefully" (exactly that).  Copy that directory and all contentsup one level and delete "EdBPrepareCarefully-1.7.3", and re-activate the mod.  Do the same for 'EdBInterface-2.6.5".

The red flag is when you look at the mod info and you see "Author: Anonymous", because the mod loader does not see the About subdirectory and its contents 1 level down.

e: In general, mod creators package their mods to be unpacked with "Extract here" rather than into a specific subdirectory.

Quote from: Dragoon on April 04, 2015, 08:19:19 PM
Also you can (regardless if you have rar or not) can drag a drop the subfolder into mods

Thanks for the help guys, that did it right there. I actually thought I had undone all the subfolders, but it seems I was mistaken.

eberkain

Is it possible to change the body type, it seems tied to the adult backstory choice?

Dragoon

Quote from: eberkain on April 06, 2015, 07:25:41 PM
Is it possible to change the body type, it seems tied to the adult backstory choice?

no you are stuck with whatever body type the back story has (I feel your pain but there are certain things that can't be changed).
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dragoon

Why i it certain back storys aren't blocked form each other?

[attachment deleted due to age]

eberkain

The last couple games I played I used Prepare Carefully to setup a group of escaped slaves, 5 people less than 20 years old of various childhood backgrounds, all with deep space miner as an adult profession.  Had a lot of fun with it, and was wondering if you have done something similar, what was the theme?  Its hard as hell to get 5 people into the points, I ended up dropping with almost no supplies, just some nutrient paste meals and a couple survival rifles.