[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katorone

On the character portrait there's a button to view the different kinds of clothing layers, and an option to view the health of each bodypart.  You can configure everything health related there.

The age of the colonists plays a role for cataracts, frail and bad back, AFAIK.  However, if you roll an old colonist, then lower its age, I doubt the generated health issues would be removed automatically.

sajberhippien

Thanks for the feedback! This is how the window looks for me - I can see the individual body parts, but I don't know where to look for their health status; the arrows only seem to change between normal/artifical/bionic/whatever, not injury status.

It's good to know about age though. I'll make sure never to make my older people into stuff that requires sight/movement much then such as doctor or gunner. I'm fairly certain cataracts are also a consequence of age, as I've never seen a young character with them and in real life they mostly affect people in their older days.

Katorone

sajberhippien

Yes, I know I can uncheck the button for generating old age injuries. That much is very obvious. However, I'm interested in looking at individual injuries and knowing about them beforehand, not just skipping generating them completely. It also only deals with old-age injuries, while I'd be interested in looking at other injuries too (scars etc).

EdB

Quote from: sajberhippien on May 28, 2015, 03:02:02 PM
1. Is it possible to view beforehand what injuries a colonist would have? With the standard system we can see this, but I couldn't find anything when using PC.
2. If it is possible, is it possible to change it, other than to outright disable age injuries?
3. Does changing the age of the colonist prevent age-related injuries from spawning?

The way it works now in the mod, injuries are not generated ahead of time.  They are generated when your colonists spawn on the map.  I think that I'm just using the standard injury generation, so changing the age of the colonists should prevent age-related injuries from spawning.  Unless I'm doing something wrong, that's how it should be working.

My original thought was that the UI for adding bionic parts would include full health options, including injuries.   When I actually started implementing it, it started to get too complex, so I decided to limit it to just what's there now.  At that time, there was no way to see injuries in the standard character generation UI, so it made more sense to make that choice.  It's possible that I could add injury options in the future, but I don't have any plans to do so right now.

DorgoDorato

Would there be a way to add tooltips for equipment? That way when I'm perusing stuff from mods I know what stats everything has.

EdB

Quote from: DorgoDorato on June 05, 2015, 01:57:27 PM
Would there be a way to add tooltips for equipment? That way when I'm perusing stuff from mods I know what stats everything has.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of stats to show in a tooltip for some items--and not many stats at all for others.  Generating the text for the tooltip is a more complex task than I'd like to take on.  You can right-click the item and select the "Information..." option to bring up all of the stats.  Not as convenient as a tooltip, but the information is accessible.

nmid

I sometimes feel the information tab doesn't show all the offsets.. or that it's too deep/ too many mouseclicks in to conveniently read.

I prefer to alt-tab into my open mod folder in sublime and just search for the item in question.

ps - I wish we could hotkey the information button!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

akiceabear

Quoteps - I wish we could hotkey the information button!

I also wish this was possible in vanilla or a mod!

nmid

Rimworld alpha is* currently* not* very keyboard friendly, but I'm sure the beta will be much more so.
Not worried atm :)

* Wth, I ate up words completely.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Mido

Quick question, where are presets saved? I want to bring the presets I have created over to another PC.

EdB

Quote from: Mido on June 08, 2015, 08:03:20 PM
Quick question, where are presets saved? I want to bring the presets I have created over to another PC.

By default, on a Windows machine, they are saved in a "PrepareCarefully" directory under the same directory where other RimWorld settings and save game data are stored:

C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\PrepareCarefully

The presets for individual colonists have the "pcc" file extension and the presets for a whole group have the "pcp" file extension.

Mido

Thanks, and if I might add a suggestion - right now on the resources selection page, if I have 200 steel and I want to increase it to 500, I have to click the little arrow 300 times. That's a lot of clicking...it doesn't seem to respond to clicking and holding the arrow. That would be a nice quality of life improvement right there.

nmid

Quote from: Mido on June 10, 2015, 12:03:36 PM
Thanks, and if I might add a suggestion - right now on the resources selection page, if I have 200 steel and I want to increase it to 500, I have to click the little arrow 300 times. That's a lot of clicking...it doesn't seem to respond to clicking and holding the arrow. That would be a nice quality of life improvement right there.
resource selection page? For traders or the production table?
If trades, you can just drag the slider in the direction you want the trade to go in
If production, click on the three dots to come to a sub-options level that lets you increase the qty by 1,25,250.

Not very intuitive, took me time to get the trader method after about 10-15 traders, but I think this has been there since alpha4.

EdB

Quote from: Mido on June 10, 2015, 12:03:36 PM

Try clicking and dragging on the number to increase the count more quickly.  Hold shift while clicking and dragging to increase the count even more quickly.  Hold shift when clicking on the arrows to increase the quantity by 10 instead of by 1.