[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Storage - New skip, pallet and gunrack added

Started by skullywag, September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karnej

I'm probably missing something but when Alpha 7 came out this was one of the first mods I downloaded because of the medicine cabinet. I downloaded the newest version to get the skip and other new stuff now I can't seem to make a medicine cabinet. Is there a research for it or did it simply get removed. Otherwise thx for the awesome mod and support.

skullywag

Should still be there unless I broke it somehow. Ill check when I'm home.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Just checked, its there in my version and there no difference between mine and the one on github...not sure what your issue is...what other mods you got? tried it with just that mod enabled?

Karnej

I haven't yet. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know. I'm running the fuck TTM pack + patches, extended surgery, and more storage. On a side note, I stopped using more lights because my path lights just didn't light up at all so I'll try that by itself also and let you know for both.

skullywag

How very weird, if it doesn't work on their own (I'm playing with all my mods together so they should be good).You on a mac or anything?

Peal

Ok than I guess I ment a dropdown for the nanostorage sorry for my retardnes

Karnej

Sorry for the delay. I just tried you mod suite by itself on a new instance and it worked fine. Loaded up my normal mods and same thing, only things that loaded from More storage are the tray rack, food basket, skip, gunrack, and hazmat container. I know that a lot of things are gated behind research with TTM but I figure since it isn't an official patch that this wouldn't happen. I also researched everything that I figured it could be under just in case. I guess its one of the other mods that TTM patched in or maybe TTM itself. If you want me to test anymore just let me know. I'm going to keep using it anyways because everything else is still super useful. I didn't get the chance to check the path light yet in my personal modpack but it worked fine on the test world.

skullywag

hmm how wierd, wonder what TTM is doing, itd have to be something super weird...

Have you tried loading TTM first (dont enable my mods) then close reopen and enable mine?

Karnej

Actually that seemed to work. I was originally loading them like they suggested on the TTM thread and loaded the extras first then the TTM suite. Thats super weird. I have a question if you have a sec and seem to know more than me :P. Is there any difference between loading the mods and going back to title screen then loading more mods, or  loading mods then quiting the game and starting it and loading more mods. If that makes sense.

skullywag

I always quit out, just to be sure, i only takes a second, but no i dont know which is right...I know you have to quit out to fix some texture errors some mods introduce so...

Karnej

I gotcha. I just do the title screen thing but almost always have to relog because of textures like you said. Thanks for helping me fix my problem.

Igabod

So I've been playing with this mod a lot more lately and found it far more interesting to look at than stockpiles on the ground. I have noticed a need for 1x1 meal tray racks and raw food baskets though. I can easily cut the images in half and add them in myself but I figured I'd suggest it to you so you can possibly do this in the official version for the other users who aren't so savvy with modding.

skullywag

Ill add it to the improvement list for the mod. Thanks for the feedback.

Igabod

I've done a re-skin for the skip item. Where I'm from, construction materials are stored on wooden pallets for shipping and often left on those pallets until they are used. So I made a wooden pallet.

I simply replaced the skip.png with this image in my own copy of the mod. But then I noticed that the def files define the skip as a 3x2 item when the picture is done vertically making it a 2x3. This resulted in my pallet looking wrong and apparently is also why I saw a slight difference between the in-game skip and the texture within the textures folder. So I changed the def file to fix that to be 2x3.

I also added in a small basket item which is just the regular food basket but cut in half. I did a sloppy job on that though so I'll not release it until I get it centered correctly and everything. That might be edited onto this message later or I may get to it next week.

Anyway, attached are my wooden pallet texture and the modified def file which fixes the aspect ratio differences and adds in the small basket. Use it if you want, or not. I made these for my own use but figured I'd share them with anybody else who wanted them.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Thanks, ill see if i cant adapt it into its own building called Pallet and fix my own texture so people then have the choice, ill credit you for the texture obviously.