[MOD] (Alpha 12) Thingamajigs! -Discontinuedmajig-

Started by Shinzy, October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Interesting work. I have read that these items are 'found,looted'...any chance of adding to the tech tree. Say the 4-5 thingamajigs have multiple tiers: the early tiers being weaker in quality, but easier to make. Followed by tiers with better bonuses, but harder to make(ie wood, metal, hardened metal...etc)?  ;)

Shinzy

Quote from: daft73 on October 03, 2014, 02:56:33 PM
Interesting work. I have read that these items are 'found,looted'...any chance of adding to the tech tree. Say the 4-5 thingamajigs have multiple tiers: the early tiers being weaker in quality, but easier to make. Followed by tiers with better bonuses, but harder to make(ie wood, metal, hardened metal...etc)?  ;)

Hm, that...  :o could be fun! ;D
I'll look into that right after I've updated apparello and then managed to play the game bit more

Iiii may have to rethink this abit! As much fun as it is, group of raiders armed with spatulas make them somewhat weak =P
Maybe I'll have to make them craftable and tiers are always fun Spatula -> Bionic spatula -> Uranium Spatula (Don't worry! it's perfectly safe)

daft73

Quote from: Shinzy on October 03, 2014, 03:27:04 PM
Quote from: daft73 on October 03, 2014, 02:56:33 PM
Hm, that...  :o could be fun! ;D
I'll look into that right after I've updated apparello and then managed to play the game bit more
Iiii may have to rethink this abit! As much fun as it is, group of raiders armed with spatulas make them somewhat weak =P
Maybe I'll have to make them craftable and tiers are always fun Spatula -> Bionic spatula -> Uranium Spatula (Don't worry! it's perfectly safe)
Goodman! great to see a quick reply. I like the idea aswell of finding thingamajigs that are upgradable..workable option aswell.

CrazehMeow

This... this is genius. I never would've thought of adding attribute buffs to primary weapons.

Definite download!

I especially love the bonesaw, teehee :D

Shinzy

Quote from: daft73 on October 03, 2014, 02:56:33 PMGoodman! great to see a quick reply. I like the idea aswell of finding thingamajigs that are upgradable..workable option aswell.

Well I've been constantly hovering around the forum (Especially around my own threads because #Shellfish ;D) after the Alpha 7 it is so exciting update, I just need to learn what people are saying about it so I can steal all their tricks and tips they're sharing =P So quick reply wouldn't be unheard of!

Quote from: CrazehMeow on October 03, 2014, 04:39:56 PM
This... this is genius. I never would've thought of adding attribute buffs to primary weapons.

Definite download!

I especially love the bonesaw, teehee :D
Don't misuse the bonesaw!!
I'm honestly loving the new stat thing Ty put in, I've had so much fun with it
So much more you can do with.. vanity items =P
Oh and the prosthetics! oh my god

Matthiasagreen

Is it possible to do the same sort of thing with clothing? Someone mentioned the idea of a mining helmet that, although it wouldn't actually light up the area, would have a positive buff that countered the in darkness debuff. Thoughts?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on October 02, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Telkir on October 02, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Nice idea! I'm going to have to try this one out once I actually get to playing the game instead of updating my mods... :P
I feel you! =P I haven't managed to really play the game myself either with all the stuff I want to update / do

Wait, you can actually play this game? I thought it was just for creating mods. Also nice mod.

I've heard some rumours that you can! I don't know how legit they are ;D

You mean you can play this game? With the mouse and no Visual Studio or Notepad? Dont be silly...

Shinzy

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 07, 2014, 01:29:28 PM
Is it possible to do the same sort of thing with clothing? Someone mentioned the idea of a mining helmet that, although it wouldn't actually light up the area, would have a positive buff that countered the in darkness debuff. Thoughts?

Aye it is! if you check most of the hats in Apparello has some bonuses to (mostly social related) things
Research speed for science goggles, hardhat has some construction and mining I believe while beret let's you recruit prisoners with slightly better chance
oh and the cardshark hat is good at 'bonus gift boosts' while social impact is scaled down on the basis that they're associated with cheaty personalities =P

Zorro hat gives melee ;D
I tried to have them make as much sense as possible (with some creative freedoms, just for the fun factor, too much realism is dull)

There's sadly not specific stat for specific thoughts (? least I didn't see one!). There's only the global mental hardiness thing
So I wouldn't really wish to do excavation helmet without the light source

But I am in really deep at the planning phase on working on job specific armor
AMONG ALL THE OTHER THINGS :-[

Don't you just hate it when you got lots of ideas of stuff you wanna do
and just end up doing something else instead like.. more hair for pawns =P

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 07, 2014, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on October 02, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Telkir on October 02, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Nice idea! I'm going to have to try this one out once I actually get to playing the game instead of updating my mods... :P
I feel you! =P I haven't managed to really play the game myself either with all the stuff I want to update / do

Wait, you can actually play this game? I thought it was just for creating mods. Also nice mod.

I've heard some rumours that you can! I don't know how legit they are ;D

You mean you can play this game? With the mouse and no Visual Studio or Notepad? Dont be silly...
Silly? me? never! I'm dead serious! I've heard if you shut the notepads. Stop sketching, take a deep breath ...get.. more ideas.. and.. ..It's all lies! I'm sorry! :'(

Mod for a day, no more play
mod for another, playing becomes a bother
mod for a third, playing sounds absurd

shadowstreaker

Starting to think a modding-free day should be proclaimed where no modder does any modding and just plays the damn game... You guys work too much :P

Shinzy

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 07, 2014, 02:06:59 PM
Starting to think a modding-free day should be proclaimed where no modder does any modding and just plays the damn game... You guys work too much :P
Nonsense!
And.. That'd be horrible

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on October 07, 2014, 02:14:05 PM
Nonsense!
And.. That'd be horrible
Enough of those shenanigans. No more silly attempts to convince us of this unnatural "playing" you try to propagate here.

btw there is a #rimworld channel on the quakenet.
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=rimworld
I would love to meet more of my fellow modders and of course "players" (haha) there.

minami26

You wouldnt want a psychotic modder running loose on your colony would ya?

shadowstreaker

Yes, they'd be the most amazing colonists because they'd be the ones working to improve everything for the rest of them

Shinzy

Update!
Just added the Mechano-wrench, Riding crop and Cane
upped the damage and boost percentages a bit on some tools
and made most of them available from traders only
Machetes will still spawn with raiders

Th-th-that's all folks!