[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Omni

I would actually highly recommend putting text under each of the ammunition-related modules reminding people that they can pick and choose which parts of the mod they want to use. Remind them RIGHT when they're thinking about not wanting the ammunition. Never underestimate the ability of people to not read the whole post or miss giant bold colored text.

In other news, laser drill and personal shields? Yes please. ;D

Jaxxa

Just put up a new version of the mod on the Nexus now. Hopefully that works for more people.

This version should fix the issues with the icons for the Wireless power node, an issue with the starting ammo of some types of Mortars and what building are covered by SIF shields, should now be all types of Walls, Doors, Embrasures and sandbags.

Kulverstukass

Added issue to github as 0.4 doesn't work, will try new colony w/o other mods and update this post.

Edit: Nope, in a new colony with all other mods un-checked i was able to place in god-mode only embrasures and all 3 tables for omniGel. All shields, laser drill/filler and wireless node just didn't appear, but i've tried to normally build one Node and after constructing its disappeared with more errors in console. All logs on github.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Ivia

Thanks so much for the Embrasures :D
I also wonder if it's possible to make a lockable Embrasures doors?

Igabod

I've noticed that embrasures don't transmit electricity like they did in the A6 version. Could you add a conduit version as well?

Also, how exactly do the wireless nodes work? I assumed I needed one next to a connection to the power grid (in my case directly next to the geothermal generator) and that one should transmit while another one in a remote location is set to receive. However when I did that it told me that the remote one wasn't connected to the power grid. I am confused because isn't that the point of wireless? Please help me see what I'm missing here, I don't want to have to build power conduits all the way across my map.

skullywag

Not sure how I feel about embrasures transmitting power, granted they used to in A6 and I see no real world reason they couldnt...guess I just like running cables to my turrets and stuff...which reminds me....reinforced cabling...anyone done that yet?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Clibanarius

Personally, I prefer the idea of a wall interspersed with embrasures with the line of turrets behind it connected to power conduits coming along from behind the wall with embrasures. It makes more sense.

A rough ascii diagram, with c being conduit and w being a wire
/---e---e---\
cwwt w tww|
|               |

Boy would this have worked better if it were a font that is equal width per character!

Rikiki

Use the code section to write with normalized font (= is a wall, - is a wire):

/===e===e===\
c---t---t---|
|           |

MelanisticAlbino

I love the mod!

Unfortunately the laser drill doesn't work for me, it disappears when it's finished building  :(

Kulverstukass

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 09, 2014, 08:58:59 AM
Unfortunately the laser drill doesn't work for me, it disappears when it's finished building  :(
Thats 0.04 issue, in 0.03 it works like charm and spreading like cancer, after building one geothermal you have energy to sustain 3 (3.6k/1.2k) drills more.
If you'd like to check it - here it all-in-one zip http://rghost.ru/58430695

MelanisticAlbino

It can't be a 0.04 issue because I'm using 0.03.

I'm going to try and upgrade and see what happens.

Kulverstukass

Well, false alarm from me due to a github archive not contains .dll and "All's well that ends well."
0.04 loaded my save from 0.03 just fine and works perfectly right now.

Igabod

Is there another download link for v.04? I downloaded v.03 earlier apparently right before you updated it but that was from a different source apparently. I don't want to sign up for nexus just to download this.

Kulverstukass

I was terribly wrong about "working perfectly", it exceeds 4gb of memory and crashed in minutes.
I do believe it's because of SIF shield covered a lot of wall tiles and Rimworld basically not good at hauling lot of textures.

And here is "RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence_0.04-62-0-04.zip", downloaded from Nexus around 20 minutes ago. (5 days until link expires)
http://rghost.ru/private/58431547/8e3854a449915a7b22d2094411ae1dc6

Clibanarius

Quote from: Rikiki on October 09, 2014, 08:50:09 AM
Use the code section to write with normalized font (= is a wall, - is a wire):
THANK YOU! I love that there're smart people around who can help me out when I have something like that, haha.