[MOD] (Alpha 7) PurpleIvy - Now with rare melee drops and all consuming Ivy

Started by skullywag, October 18, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 05:28:12 AM
Ive got mortars working in my local version gonna polish/balance them a little before i release, they are currently more annoying than a direct threat but with enough of em, you HAVE to go deal with them. Shinzy they look awesome (apart from the tex being upside down on the turretgun lol)

It's not upside down! unless it shoots stuff out of the end with webby flesh and tentacles instead of the clear barrel shaped one
(I drew it on the normal mortar barrel so it should be right way up!)

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 06:44:18 AM
Oh i thought the open end was like a seed pod..my bad...

Yeah it's supposed to be like this =P ofc top down view is always confusing
Edit: note! the real thing does not have plastic googly eye plopped on them and they don't really have tongues

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Lol i really want to add a 1 in 1000 chance of them having googley eyes.

Wex

There seem to be a problem with centipede hatchlings. They are considered mechanoid. You can't eat them, but you can deconstruct them. Also, they spawn with mechanoid attacks and with ancient ship crash.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

Yeah shinzy told me about the mechanoid thing ive already fixed it.

That was the best attenborough ive seen "zombie bugs". Maybe i should talk to Justin over on the zombie mod.

DracoGriffin

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 03:02:10 AM
If youve got something that links insects and plants as well as my example let me know. I like reading up on stuff like this.

There's plenty of biological vectors that infect plants with viral agents; it's just a matter of finding one that sounds cool. :P

Also, like the link Styrkedottir, bacteria can undergo sporulation as well, called endospores. For viruses, if they form envelopes, then they are pretty hardy as well; almost similar to endospores and fungal spores. Interesting fact: cold does not cause denaturation of viruses or bacteria; they can essentially live forever (they are perfect examples for cryogenic means). They will "come back to life" if brought into their natural ecological niche (mainly hydration and 20°C to 45°C).

Also, rabies has similar abilities, in that infected hosts develop hydrophobia. Although for the game following the Milwaukee protocol would be neat if any colonists contract the deadly purple ivy or Toxicodendron purpuramortis. :P

Meningitis is a good example of a bacterial agent similar to the other examples (one viral, the other fungal by Styrkedottir). Especially since people can develop photophobia and/or phonophobia.

Lastly, for a protozoal agent would be Trypanosoma cruzi which causes Trypanosomiasis. Chronic form is hard to treat due to nonspecific signs and symptoms but the correlation is how it alters personality and such.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
Xeno in the space/sci fi world means alien
Yes and no, xeno- is actually a prefix that just means 'foregin', it's not a word by itself and it's specific meaning depends on what it's attached to. It gets used to refer to aliens a lot because it's the most readily accessible label that does not require misusing or inventing terminology, since the word alien itself is a synonym for foreign.

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
and that's not what these are.
Um... What? how can it not be alien in origin when it arrives via meteor? A species only needs to be on the wrong continent to be considered 'alien' to the local ecology, and meteors come from space, the most alien environment there is.

skullywag

I know what xeno means, I stated in sci fi terms its generally used to mean alien and the way people were posting it sounded very alien. yes the xeno monicer would work here but I'm not going to use it due to the "no alien" mantra of Tynan and its too contentious, id rather have something that was more apt for the rimworld universe, none of this latin stuff either I've decided. This flora/fauna has a backstory that I'm still adding to, I'm thinking of using the research stations name (once I come up with a good one) as everything originated from there. Ill put a brief backstory in the about file for next release, it might give people an idea of the direction I'm taking. ;)

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on November 09, 2014, 03:33:33 AMI'm thinking of using the research stations name (once I come up with a good one)

RSS Biosphere Nebo!
(research sewage system)

mrofa

Would be nice if the spawns would be targetable by turrets, since they dont have any warnings when they spawn.
Did only test it for a hour but i already loving it :D

Shinzy add some small tendrills/vains  under the plants or some voilet overlay so it will also look like they affect the ground :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Wex

Quote from: mrofa on November 09, 2014, 07:02:42 AM
Would be nice if the spawns would be targetable by turrets, since they dont have any warnings when they spawn.
Did only test it for a hour but i already loving it :D

Shinzy add some small tendrills/vains  under the plants or some voilet overlay so it will also look like they affect the ground :D
Yes! Yes! Turrets don't attack hatchling automatically! Please correct this! :(
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on November 09, 2014, 07:02:42 AMShinzy add some small tendrills/vains  under the plants or some voilet overlay so it will also look like they affect the ground :D

Does the overlay stuff work for buildings or plants shh =P
I remember trying some see through things for some buildings once and they didn't work at all
(mayyybe I did it all wrong that's always a possibility. Cause I know they work for apparel like a charm)

mrofa

You need to add <shaderType>Transparent</shaderType>, this will use whole range of opacity, but will also dim colors a bit some you might wanna throw in some white layer on plants with ovelray setting.
Depends how it will look, sometimes colors dont get dimm at all, im not quite sure why is that.
All i do is clutter all around.