[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Card

Yey it`s out. Good job man can`t wait to try it
Hey maybe in the future of rimworld there can be a more biological and mutant way to transcend to a higher being, not just mechanical? wink wink nudge nudge :P
Maybe and Future being key words here

Shinzy

Quote from: Wild Card on July 02, 2015, 02:53:37 PM
Yey it`s out. Good job man can`t wait to try it
Hey maybe in the future of rimworld there can be a more biological and mutant way to transcend to a higher being, not just mechanical? wink wink nudge nudge :P
Maybe and Future being key words here

you know those shoulder tanks in previous page don't have skull and alert signs on them for no reason!

(let's just say there may or may be some crazed scientists and cultists involved)

Wild Card

Sry Shinzy apparently my eyesight is shit :p damm happy i blundered close to what/who they will be though. Seriously i do hope some of your factions if not all get a place in vanilla :D

Dragoon

For some reason I can't see your weapons in prepare carefully (I can see the armor that has the defective self destruct just fine).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

nmid

Quote from: Dragoon on July 07, 2015, 02:03:11 AM
For some reason I can't see your weapons in prepare carefully (I can see the armor that has the defective self destruct just fine).

This should help

Quote from: nmid on June 23, 2015, 06:12:24 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on June 19, 2015, 11:52:23 PM
I can't get this to work in prepare carefully I don't see any of the weapons. (I haven't seen any raiders with them either)

add
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
    </weaponTags>
to whichever weapon or weapon base you want edb prep to show.

Currently it's only in BaseHumanGun Thingdef.. adding it to an individual gun or to the parent class (under this)
<ThingDef Name="BaseGun" Abstract="True">
will work.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Shinzy

Quote from: nmid on July 07, 2015, 04:20:28 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on July 07, 2015, 02:03:11 AM

This should help

Quote from: Dragoon on June 19, 2015, 11:52:23 PM
I can't get this to work in prepare carefully I don't see any of the weapons. (I haven't seen any raiders with them either)

add
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
    </weaponTags>
to whichever weapon or weapon base you want edb prep to show.

Currently it's only in BaseHumanGun Thingdef.. adding it to an individual gun or to the parent class (under this)
<ThingDef Name="BaseGun" Abstract="True">
will work.

I wouldn't advice doing that! they vanish on drop so it's not really the best option
I'll add it to my list to make chance of them dropping "self destruct system defective" weaponry

I'm just trying to balance the loot ;D you already get high amounts of high quality charge rifles whenever they attack

nmid

Ah...
so
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
</weaponTags>
will work fine for it to appear on the edb prep page?

while
<weaponTags>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
</weaponTags>
causes them to destruct on drop?

I'm not a modder but this worked for me, when I set my hybrid MA37 in my Halo weapon pack.
I got the weapon to show on the edb prep page + it was on the ground from the starting drop pods. They might not drop from enemies, I haven't checked that yet.

Any clarification will help better my hac.. chea... understanding of the weapons :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

kaptain_kavern

For the edb part i found info in that thread : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13593.msg144152#msg144152

If it can help

Edit : I just realized i point you to one of your post  [K_K] sry
But i recall reading that for items to be shown in EDB they have to be in a trader "store" but : I can't find where it was and i don't know how to make items appears in trader screen ...

Shinzy

Quote from: nmid on July 07, 2015, 01:21:14 PM
Ah...
so
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
</weaponTags>

while
<weaponTags>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
</weaponTags>

I'm not a modder but this worked for me, when I set my hybrid MA37 in my Halo weapon pack.
I got the weapon to show on the edb prep page + it was on the ground from the starting drop pods. They might not drop from enemies, I haven't checked that yet.

Any clarification will help better my hac.. chea... understanding of the weapons :)

Nonono! advance gun tag will let some of the pirate mercenary pawns and spacers spawn with the weapon
gun tag lets almost every pirate or villager spawn with the weapon

if you want to remove the 'destroy' on drop thing from the weapons
you need to open the PT_Gunso.xml in the thingDefs of the mod
and remove the bit
    <menuHidden>True</menuHidden>
and remove or change the 'true' to 'false' in
    <destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop>
and if you want treaders to carry it you need to also remove the
    <tradeability>Never</tradeability>

kaptain_kavern

TimTumm

Shinzy

nmid

Quote from: Shinzy on July 07, 2015, 03:34:41 PM
Quote from: nmid on July 07, 2015, 01:21:14 PM
Ah...
so
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
</weaponTags>

while
<weaponTags>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
</weaponTags>

Nonono! advance gun tag will let some of the pirate mercenary pawns and spacers spawn with the weapon
gun tag lets almost every pirate or villager spawn with the weapon

if you want to remove the 'destroy' on drop thing from the weapons
you need to open the PT_Gunso.xml in the thingDefs of the mod
and remove the bit
    <menuHidden>True</menuHidden>
and remove or change the 'true' to 'false' in
    <destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop>
and if you want treaders to carry it you need to also remove the
    <tradeability>Never</tradeability>

Ty.. now I know how to stop them from exploding + appear on traders.
Any tips on how to make it 'properly' appear on the edb page?

Shinzy

Quote from: nmid on July 09, 2015, 03:04:57 AM
Ty.. now I know how to stop them from exploding + appear on traders.
Any tips on how to make it 'properly' appear on the edb page?

just spawning one in may be the simplest way to start with one ;D