[A13] [POLL] Temperature Control v2.41 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, December 16, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which feature do you find the most useful in this mod?

E-Heated Floors
Small Fan
Small Heater
Industrial Heater
Industrial Cooler
I use a a couple of them regularly (comment below to specify which ones please)
I use them all equally

LanMc

Quote from: Igabod on June 11, 2015, 02:21:14 PM
Alpha 11 is out and I'm settled in to my new home in Georgia. I still don't have time to actually play the game just yet cause I have a lot of things to take care of such as getting my drivers license and car registration transferred from Texas to Georgia and things of that nature. So the updates for all of my mods won't be coming out quite as quickly as they have in the past. You can help me in this by testing the alpha 10 version to see if it works as is or if it pops up with some errors. Also if anybody wants to do the update work for me and upload it in a comment on this thread then that will help get the updates out even faster and you will be mentioned in the credits of course.

Here is hoping you settle in nicely!  And can get back to us soon!!!  If I could mod I would help, but I am still learning.  Can't enjoy my play without this mod...  Really love this mod!!!

Thanks!!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Loki88

A11 Update.
Gave the industrial heater a red glow to discern it from vanilla and added an industrial cooler research project at the same RP cost as the industrial heating project. Also changed the transmits power on the industrial cooler to match the vanilla cooler so it will plug itself in to a near by cable instead of needing to be directly wired.

I added those because they seemed to make sense but if you want things reverted to original let me know Iggy!

Cheers!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on June 19, 2015, 12:38:22 PM
A11 Update.
Gave the industrial heater a red glow to discern it from vanilla and added an industrial cooler research project at the same RP cost as the industrial heating project. Also changed the transmits power on the industrial cooler to match the vanilla cooler so it will plug itself in to a near by cable instead of needing to be directly wired.

I added those because they seemed to make sense but if you want things reverted to original let me know Iggy!

Cheers!

Thanks, I was meaning to add the research project for the cooler a few updates back but I kept forgetting it until after I posted the update. The other changes sound good to me too. Your help is much appreciated.

LanMc

Whoo Hooo!  Totally rocking!  Thanks bunches for the Alpha 11!!!

Igabod

Alpha 11 update has been officially uploaded. All thanks to Loki88 for doing the work for me while I have been busy with real life.

Rolf

Hey i wanted to ask if its possible to make like heat/steam pipes to vent the hot air from the coolers to another room

Igabod

Quote from: Rolf on June 21, 2015, 06:55:07 PM
Hey i wanted to ask if its possible to make like heat/steam pipes to vent the hot air from the coolers to another room

Yep, it is possible. It has actually already been done in a couple different mods if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if those have been updated for a11 yet or not though. I won't be doing that myself though since it requires a .dll and I don't have the skill necessary to do that.

Rolf

zoranjoza

How does eletric heated floor works? I mean how much temperature rise it provide? I have room of 5x5 and i put 1 heated floor square in midle of room, nothing happens. Temeperature still same. So how much i need?
Whats the formula-math?

Igabod

Quote from: zoranjoza on August 19, 2015, 07:28:24 AM
How does eletric heated floor works? I mean how much temperature rise it provide? I have room of 5x5 and i put 1 heated floor square in midle of room, nothing happens. Temeperature still same. So how much i need?
Whats the formula-math?

I'm really not sure how well any of these work in the current version of the game. I haven't been able to play the last 2 alphas of this game because of a major life change for me recently (moved from Texas to Georgia and started a new life). But these tiles are certainly not intended to heat an entire room with just 1. I designed them to be placed under furniture really. In previous alphas I just put these under all the furniture in a room and it worked. They put off a small amount of heat constantly but stop heating the room up when it gets to a comfortable temperature (and in ideal situations they maintain the room at that temperature).

Igabod

Quote from: confusedwings on August 31, 2015, 06:28:49 AM
any change for the update to Alpha 12?

The update to A12 is coming, slowly but surely. First I have to get past the excitement phase of being able to play the game again. I have a lot of new content that I haven't seen yet (everything since A9 is new to me). And then I have to relearn the modding side again. But this mod will be updated. Just be patient please.

LanMc

Yay!  Welcome back and do have fun catching up!!!

jerome736

Any updates? Still patiently waiting for my advanced cooler  :'(

jerome736

I've made a temporary update that's compatible with Alpha 12d and I've attached it here with Igabod's permission until he is able to work on his.

*I did not test the E-Heated floors as its not something I use.

[attachment deleted due to age]