[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazalisk

^---   is it weird that i got excited that my post is visible in your screenshot  ;D

just how big are the Nuke stations lol  they look huge in this screenie  :)

eatKenny

Andy_Dandy

Loki88

Quote from: eatKenny on September 13, 2015, 12:41:06 PM
Quote from: bazalisk on September 13, 2015, 05:33:12 AM
Not sure if this has already been asked but would it be possible for you to include a floor tile to replace the default concrete with?

Just to swap the resource required from 1 steel to 1 bag of concrete.

Its just nagging at me that i have bags of concrete yet concrete floor tiles require steel  :S

I'd like it to be a overhaul-free mod, and on the other hand, concrete is not easy to get in early game but you may need concrete floor ASAP so...

If you want to be vanilla friendly would you consider adding something like some fancy concrete pavers to this mod? It would be its own thing without replacing vanilla assets and we'd still get our concrete floors made of concrete...

Andy_Dandy

Been playing for a while and must say the rebalancing of concrete fits the vanilla game alot better now. Brilliant reducing strength and amount made per stone.

When it comes to copper it still feels abit too strong compared to gold and silver flooring, especially with the huge amounts of copper generated on the map, and the super low (all too cheap) trading price of copper.

Nuclear Power and drilling I havent been testing out yet. :)

Didact04

With the sheer amount of electronic devices floating around on the Rimworld demanding that resource, copper should be in demand comparable to steel.

T-Wrecks

Heya Kenny, is it possible to separate the different components so that a person could just get the mine or the cement mixer? :D

sercobras

Can u help me? Im using A12 update and i research everything but electric smelting doesnt appear, i dont know if is a program problem or im doing something wrong.

Thanks

eatKenny

Quote from: T-Wrecks on October 04, 2015, 01:20:04 AM
Heya Kenny, is it possible to separate the different components so that a person could just get the mine or the cement mixer? :D

Sry I'm not planning making this mod module, this will take too much time to maintain or update. But you can go to the xml file and delete items you don't want, that's very easy.

eatKenny

Quote from: sercobras on October 07, 2015, 03:37:43 AM
Can u help me? Im using A12 update and i research everything but electric smelting doesnt appear, i dont know if is a program problem or im doing something wrong.

Thanks

Electric smelting is vanilla research project not from this mod.

TheGentlmen

NPP, Drill & concrete mixer have Drawedgeshadow true but also define thier own shadow.

Edge shadow is rimworld automatically making a shadow.
Shadowdefs are for modders to make shadows manually.

Unless you want 2 shadows (Which you can't, and don't want) you need to pick one or rimworld will pick one for ya.

eatKenny

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 09, 2015, 08:19:40 PM

NPP, Drill & concrete mixer have Drawedgeshadow true but also define thier own shadow.

Edge shadow is rimworld automatically making a shadow.
Shadowdefs are for modders to make shadows manually.

Unless you want 2 shadows (Which you can't, and don't want) you need to pick one or rimworld will pick one for ya.

thanks for point that out. weird that i dont see any errors on my computer ???

Kyace

Very cool mod; I'm really liking the 'effort' (roughly 3 pawns to keep the mine working and making drill heads with a goodly electricity cost) that it takes to keep the drill working and the SkyDriller visual effect.

A minor note, there appears to be two typos in "Recipes_IR.xml". First, the line "<jobString>Mining deep compacted stee.</jobString>" under MiningDeepSteel is missing an L.

Secondly, the line "<jobString>Mining deep uranium ore.</jobString>" has been copied under the MiningDeepPlasteel recipe without being edited to say plasteel.

I can fix it on my local copy, but thought that you might want to fix it in your original. The second issue, with the plasteel giving a uranium jobstring really had me confused during my game as I was trying to get my bills prioritized correctly.

Again, I'm really enjoying the mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it.

Twinkieishere17

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong, or if the mods aren't meshing or what. But when I try to use the sky drill call down it says it has called for it, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. From what I've read it seems there should be a beam from the sky or some graphics effect to accompany it.

Thanks if you can give me some help :).

Edit: It also does not make the mining hole, just thought I'd make that part clear ;).