[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

im thinking adding water into this mod, which can be collected near steam geyser or near lake/sea. water can be used in concrete production,  cooling deep mine, or even cooking meals.

cuproPanda

Quote from: eatKenny on July 26, 2016, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: 123nick on July 24, 2016, 05:25:12 PM
thanks for the update, but i have a minor issue. this mod adds, copper, and so does cupropandas Corepanda mod, his core mod which all his other mods require inorder to work properly. maybe a patch that allows this mod too use cupro pandas copper instead of its own? and too not generate copper veins or copper ruins (this mods copper) ? or maybe, a similiar change is a patch that just rename copper too something else entirely, like nickel, so there isnt 2 different coppers.

i will find a way to fix this...

There's no need, really. They don't conflict with each other, and I've updated my Unifier mod which allows the two to be exchanged depending on which one is needed at the time.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

silentwolf123

Great mod, only thing ive noticed is that when building alluminum and copper windmills and solar panels they are the same power output of steel, is this on purpose orrr?

eatKenny

Quote from: cuproPanda on July 27, 2016, 08:40:38 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on July 26, 2016, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: 123nick on July 24, 2016, 05:25:12 PM
thanks for the update, but i have a minor issue. this mod adds, copper, and so does cupropandas Corepanda mod, his core mod which all his other mods require inorder to work properly. maybe a patch that allows this mod too use cupro pandas copper instead of its own? and too not generate copper veins or copper ruins (this mods copper) ? or maybe, a similiar change is a patch that just rename copper too something else entirely, like nickel, so there isnt 2 different coppers.

i will find a way to fix this...

There's no need, really. They don't conflict with each other, and I've updated my Unifier mod which allows the two to be exchanged depending on which one is needed at the time.

ok, thanks!

eatKenny

Quote from: silentwolf123 on July 29, 2016, 06:33:51 PM
Great mod, only thing ive noticed is that when building alluminum and copper windmills and solar panels they are the same power output of steel, is this on purpose orrr?

they do have same power output, only thing changed is the HP.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: eatKenny on July 27, 2016, 04:02:27 PM
im thinking adding water into this mod, which can be collected near steam geyser or near lake/sea. water can be used in concrete production,  cooling deep mine, or even cooking meals.

I'd love to see water in concrete production, making it more challenging to get this precious building material. Also a great way to represent good use of water other then for drinking and showering. :) Perhaps also make ways for saving up rain very slowly?

balketh

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 30, 2016, 02:26:37 PM

I'd love to see water in concrete production, making it more challenging to get this precious building material. Also a great way to represent good use of water other then for drinking and showering. :) Perhaps also make ways for saving up rain very slowly?

It's really easy to add water to the game if another mod you have provides it, like CuproPanda's mods, which add a 'bucket of fresh water'. I janked up my copy of Industrialisation's concrete to require a bucket of water with its stone.

I'm no great modder, all I've learned has been from trial and error debugging mods and making them more compatible with my load order, but if you wanted to do as I've done, it's fairly simple.

In your Industralisation mod folder, go into Defs, and then into RecipeDefs, and open up Recipes_Ind.xml (in Notepad++ if you have it).

Right at the top is the recipe for concrete, which has this as its only ingredient:

<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>StoneChunks</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>

This means it requires 1 of any kind of item from the StoneChunks category. We want to add 'CP_FreshWaterBucket' as an ingredient (the name of the Bucket of Fresh Water from CuproPanda's mods). Took me a bit of digging, but if you copy and paste the StoneChunks code block there, and put it under itself, you can then change 'categories' to 'thingDefs', and 'StoneChunks' to 'CP_FreshWaterBucket', and as far as I've seen, it works! Like so:

<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>StoneChunks</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>CP_FreshWaterBucket</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>

This will, if I understand it correctly, mean that Industrialization will be dependent on CuproPanda's mods, and thus need to be loaded after them, of course.

Wish I knew how to turn this kind of thing into an overriding compatibility patch, rather than direct edits to the mods. I'd love to make myself, at least, an item and recipe compatibility patch, so I stop getting doubleups of things like 'raw coffee' and 'coffee beans' from Cupro's/Vege Garden mods, etc.

Anyway, love the mod, hope this helps.

neotris9

This would be awesome!

Reviire

Hey, fun mod. Just wondering, do you have the A13 version floating around somewhere? Still waiting for some other mods to update before I switch to A14, and I lost my A13 version when i was fixing some issues with the game. I'd really appreciate it if you could throw it my way.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Mese

I know im being dumb .. but im on the alpha 14 steam version , getting the workshop mods into the game is easy ... but I dont know how to get the forum mods into my steam game :( .. help !

eatKenny

Quote from: Reviire on July 31, 2016, 07:54:21 AM
Hey, fun mod. Just wondering, do you have the A13 version floating around somewhere? Still waiting for some other mods to update before I switch to A14, and I lost my A13 version when i was fixing some issues with the game. I'd really appreciate it if you could throw it my way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4id6cyqmbj10m2/Industrialisation_A13.zip?dl=0

KoalaB

Quote from: Mese on July 31, 2016, 07:45:51 PM
I know im being dumb .. but im on the alpha 14 steam version , getting the workshop mods into the game is easy ... but I dont know how to get the forum mods into my steam game :( .. help !

Throw the unpacked mod folder into Steam/steamapps/common/Rimworld/Mods

Then load it in game through the load menu.

Cheers.

Mese

Hatti

love that this mod got updated! but the lack of coolant really makes the mine to powerfull even with the extraction amount and energy change.
the idea of water as coolant is very nice but its too easy to get. the cooland shoulnt be too easy to get. It was fine if you used the trade ship transponder to get coolant.

but a craftable cooland would be nice and should require something growable as example and/or like combat realism did with boombaloops/rats and explosives

Reviire

Quote from: eatKenny on August 01, 2016, 03:16:25 PM
Quote from: Reviire on July 31, 2016, 07:54:21 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4id6cyqmbj10m2/Industrialisation_A13.zip?dl=0
Thanks dude.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums.