[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Hatti on August 02, 2016, 02:47:51 PM
but a craftable cooland would be nice and should require something growable as example and/or like combat realism did with boombaloops/rats and explosives

yes i will make coolant craftble after i add water to the mod. may take some time though.

balketh

Quote from: eatKenny on August 03, 2016, 01:48:17 PM
yes i will make coolant craftble after i add water to the mod. may take some time though.

Yay, -another- copied resource. Guess I'll add it to Cupro's Unifier. Might just replace it outright in my copy with water that already exists. Hate seeing five different types of X or Y in my game, but ah well, every mod wants to be self sufficient I guess!

eskoONE

If someone made a mod where all kind of ressources are added in one place so everybody could use the same ressources... I could imagine ccl having something like this. Gotta ask em.

viperwasp

Quote from: eskoONE on August 04, 2016, 07:36:30 AM
If someone made a mod where all kind of ressources are added in one place so everybody could use the same ressources... I could imagine ccl having something like this. Gotta ask em.

If I am not mistaken there are pros and cons to that. First of all if it's added directly into CCL then whoever manages it would have extra work. Second everyone would have to agree on the stats for given material etc. Just because two mods use Titanium or Copper does not mean that both mods Titanium or Copper have the same stats or even appearance. If you unify the material you still need to choose one or the other unless there is some crazy method that I simply cannot grasp either way I feel it involves a lot of modders working together and coming to decisions. And it makes the upkeep of multiple mods that somewhat work together harder. I assume anyhow.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

eskoONE

Quote from: viperwasp on August 04, 2016, 08:24:02 AM
Quote from: eskoONE on August 04, 2016, 07:36:30 AM

If I am not mistaken there are pros and cons to that. First of all if it's added directly into CCL then whoever manages it would have extra work. Second everyone would have to agree on the stats for given material etc. Just because two mods use Titanium or Copper does not mean that both mods Titanium or Copper have the same stats or even appearance. If you unify the material you still need to choose one or the other unless there is some crazy method that I simply cannot grasp either way I feel it involves a lot of modders working together and coming to decisions. And it makes the upkeep of multiple mods that somewhat work together harder. I assume anyhow.

i dont understand much from the programming aspect but in my mind, if there was a unified place were ppl can call their ressources from, it would be easier to implement support for many other mods.

ccl seems to be a good place for that too since its a community collaboration. balancing things would be a matter of tuning ressources used for building stuff. and about the stats, u could create several types of it but naming it differently. this is rather a messy way of doing it though.

i dont know - there is surely a better way of managing all that which is not coming to my mind yet.

tl;dr:

having a unified place where ressources like copper, iron, water and so on would ease the compatibility of mods using the same ressources.

eatKenny

i was trying to make a "resource extension" mod for CCL that all modder can use those resources. however the problem is, when you dont use the main mod, those specific resources will be useless in game, for example if you dont use "Industrialisation", the resource alumium, which appears in map and tradership, cant be used anywhere.

eskoONE

Quote from: eatKenny on August 04, 2016, 12:28:48 PM
i was trying to make a "resource extension" mod for CCL that all modder can use those resources. however the problem is, when you dont use the main mod, those specific resources will be useless in game, for example if you dont use "Industrialisation", the resource alumium, which appears in map and tradership, cant be used anywhere.

in minituarization i learned u can call for certain mods and decide if it gets loaded or not. that should be possible with ressources too no?

edit:

also u could use those "useless" ressources for stuff related thigns? like art, furniture and so on?

eatKenny

Quote from: eskoONE on August 04, 2016, 12:33:50 PM
also u could use those "useless" ressources for stuff related thigns? like art, furniture and so on?

true, i was stupid :P

123nick

Quote from: balketh on August 04, 2016, 01:33:33 AM
Quote from: eatKenny on August 03, 2016, 01:48:17 PM

Yay, -another- copied resource. Guess I'll add it to Cupro's Unifier. Might just replace it outright in my copy with water that already exists. Hate seeing five different types of X or Y in my game, but ah well, every mod wants to be self sufficient I guess!

because of cupros unifier, it isnt really a big deal. a problem howeve,r was that both this mod and cupropanda core both had a floor called "copper tiles" and industrialization floor copper overwritten the cupropanda copper floor tiles, but i suggested to him that he name his copper floors "sanitary copper tiles" because of the cleanliness buff they give, so now its not a problem anymore :)

123nick

also, is this mod on the steam workshop?

edit: also, can you make a new floor- poured concrete? its like normal concrete , but with a seperate def name that doesent modify the vanilla core concrete, that is made from your mods concrete resource?

eatKenny

i dont use steam so sorry, but if anyone is interested send me a PM i can give you the permission to upload this mod to steam workshop.

psh4989

Hi!

I have used your mod so well, but Korean language files in your mod is outdated so long ago. So, I newly translate your mod into Korean

I would be happy if you contain my translation in your mod.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

T-Wrecks

Hey, any chance I could have a version of the mod just with the deepmine? xD

eatKenny

Quote from: T-Wrecks on August 16, 2016, 06:51:48 AM
Hey, any chance I could have a version of the mod just with the deepmine? xD

sry you have to modify it yourself, go to xml and delete every thing you dont need.

or, simply just dont build things you dont want in game.