[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Marnador on August 31, 2016, 07:40:43 PM
Sorry for broken link earlier. I will have the A14 link on the main page, and I will keep doing that for older versions in the future.
Got a link the the mod? Might be able to answer that.
maybe he means Jaxxa's version of this mod? Skully doesn't have a turret mod iirc.
I'll kill my link since the need has passed.
#StopPluginAbuse

Jaxxa

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 31, 2016, 09:03:43 PM
Sorry for broken link earlier. I will have the A14 link on the main page, and I will keep doing that for older versions in the future.
maybe he means Jaxxa's version of this mod? Skully doesn't have a turret mod iirc.

That would be my guess.
Now that Marnador is back and updating this mod I am not planning to update my version to A15.

Exende

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 31, 2016, 09:07:30 PM
Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 31, 2016, 09:03:43 PM

That would be my guess.
Now that Marnador is back and updating this mod I am not planning to update my version to A15.

yeah, my mistake, it was your mod!  apologies!!

shadowstitch

This may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere in the thread.
Are the "Gun Complex" turrets' accuracy determined by the ranged skill of the pawn manning them, or do they have their own accuracy like standalone turrets, but simply require a pawn to be present in order for them to activate?

SpaceDorf

And does the Boomrat Complex work with A15 or will you update ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dingo

You're missing abstract bases in your building XMLs. This can cause errors and issues for users long-term. You should put one copy of every base you use in your XMLs (they do not inherit from the Core folder!)

ex. BuildingBase, FloorBase, BaseHumanGun etc.

*Also posted on Steam Workshop for maximum visibility.

Andy_Dandy

I'd love to see the mod turrets more expensive now that the vanilla game turret is both nerfed and made more expensive.

jmababa

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on November 03, 2016, 02:42:41 PM
I'd love to see the mod turrets more expensive now that the vanilla game turret is both nerfed and made more expensive.

Yea I like it more expansive too heck It should outmatch medieval turret the balista in many ways but it doesn't can't move this to siege area and its same as devestator mortar heck I'll just use ballista easier to reserch and build dosen't eat my components away. Also when I'm fring a grenade launcher from RT weapons its better than your blast turret more range add range to it.

sulusdacor

hey, like your work, love the textures. fit the vanilla game super well.

one small suggestion, you should add some sort of "round arrow" or other universal symbol to the menu icon of the vulcan cannon to indicate you can rotate to switch the textures of its base. was stumbling across this feature more by accident, but like it very much ;)

shadowstitch

I hadn't played a whole lot with this mod in A15, but now that I'm using it for some pretty sturdy base defenses, I'm noticing something strange.

I use drafted, shielded melee pawns as my turret gunners. If they are hit by a stray bullet, even if they have full shields left, they will simply stop "using" the gun and stand there until they are either shot to death or I manually order them to man the turret again. I'm pretty sure they didn't do this in A14; they would just keep firing even when the enemy was right on top of them and firing pistols point-blank at their shields.

Anyone have any idea why this might be occurring all of a sudden? Is it possibly related to some new behavioral tic in A15? 
I don't have many other mods, and none that I can imagine would interfere with this one, no other weapon, combat or turret mods. I've tried a few things, like moving the mod to the top and bottom of the mod list, and it still occurs even in debug testing, like if I build a small fort in god mode and then trigger a raid. I haven't tried a fresh reinstall or disabling all my other mods to see if it changes anything, but if no one else has seen this behavior, that's going to be my next step.

Topper

nightkilla23

Will this be updated to A16 soon? I've grown so use to the turrets its strange without them.

Marnador

Beathrus

Marnador

Quote from: Beathrus on December 22, 2016, 05:12:13 PM
Does it need a new game?
I would suggest saving before trying, in the past a few people got some buggy results while enabling it for existing game.