[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Ikazuchi00

Ikazuchi00

Quote from: Hawky on March 27, 2018, 03:05:50 AM
Hello! I'd like to make a request. Can you make and add a marksman rifle, like M14 / M14EBR or similar? Basically faster shooting and aiming sniper rifle with lower damage, shorter range, and slightly worse accuracy?

Thank you very much! Your mod is great, keep up a good work. ;)

i think there's one, it's called M39 EMR

Canute

Weapon cracks, what is the different between M14 and M39 ? Shouldn't a 39 better then a 14 ? No don't answer :-))

Divenity

I'm gonna answer :P

The difference between an M14EBR and an M39EMR is the M14EBR has a full auto fire mode, the M39EMR is semi-auto only.

That is really it.

Canute

Like i said, weapon cracks ! :-))
Do you think i understood anything beside bla bla bla.
I wished there was some weapon mod that clearly made weapon names that indicate what weapons are more capable then others.
Yes i know our current world weapon can't be classified in that way, because any use got different view and preferables about his weapons.
And this mod are build up on them, so i don't await it from it.

Ikazuchi00

Canute

cracks,freaks,fools someone who is addict to weapon use and knowledge. :-)

Ikazuchi00

ok at this point i dont understand how it go from a guy asking for a gun similar to an M14 to weapon cracks.

The guy asked for a gun similar to it in which the mod already has, like the SVD or SR-25.

Canute

And you did it again :-)
I don't think SVD means Short Video Disk :-)
How the hell a normal person should know about that, why not Sniper Rifle MK2, then a normal person know it is better then a Sniper Rifle.
Just ignore my bla bla, i don't realy belong to this mod.

Ikazuchi00

at this point it should be obvious what SVD were talking about since its a gun mod

Divenity

Quote from: Canute on April 04, 2018, 10:58:41 AM
And you did it again :-)
I don't think SVD means Short Video Disk :-)
How the hell a normal person should know about that, why not Sniper Rifle MK2, then a normal person know it is better then a Sniper Rifle.
Just ignore my bla bla, i don't realy belong to this mod.

Quotewhy not Sniper Rifle MK2
because it's a thing that actually exists and that's not it's name?

Just like with anything else, in any other game, or real life for that matter, you learn what is best by testing things out, asking other people, or looking it up online, or you can also just, you know, look at the weapon's damn stats in game and compare those stats to the other sniper rifles.

You don't go into a fantasy role playing game just knowing what weapons are best either, you try them, you figure out what works best in what scenarios, you move forwards with that knowledge. The devs don't need to dumb down the names for you, you need to figure it out yourself.

DiamondBorne

Could you please add in some antique Anti-tank rifles such as PTRD or T-Gewehr?

My argument is that. with ammo is not a problem (unless you use CE) and have bionic augmented humans running around, manufacturing, maintaining, and manning these cumbersome weapons would be much, much easier than in real life. PTRD and PTRS are basically a tube or two and primitive firing mechanisim welded together. Not to mentioned harsh living condition and various, larger and stronger threats found on on the Rim, It makes perfect sense to go for the bigger and cheaper guns than some small peashooters designed to down humanoids that breaks moisture level slightly changes.

Trimm

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone mention it. Using the CE version, the Charge SMG only has single shot mode available. SMGs power come from full-auto, so I figured this was a bug. The charge rifle has single, burst and auto all working correctly.

temple_wing

According to your previous post, you added rimfire patch to CE. So this mod is expected to be loaded before CE right? Then I found that, in rimfire, there also is a patch for CE. What should I do? Should I load rimfire first, or CE first?

Trimm

Quote from: temple_wing on April 19, 2018, 01:17:31 AM
According to your previous post, you added rimfire patch to CE. So this mod is expected to be loaded before CE right? Then I found that, in rimfire, there also is a patch for CE. What should I do? Should I load rimfire first, or CE first?

What has been working for me is... if the mod is 'CE Compatible' then you load it *after* CE. I believe Rimfire is CE compatible without a patch, so its loaded after CE.

However, if the mod has a CE Patch, you load Mod -> CE -> Patch.