[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarminer

After spending about 2 hours building the PERFECT characters, when I press start, nothing happens.

However it works when you build characters sometimes, just not the ones I spent my whole night building...

Sarelth

I had a similar problem due to a mod conflict.
If you are using the Misc World gen mod, there is a patch that is needed. It's in that thread.
I have been saving my carefully constructed characters and setups each time I go through the process.

DOMA

Quote from: EdB on July 25, 2016, 02:02:23 AM
Quote from: DOMA on July 24, 2016, 08:19:05 PM
Any ideas for the error?  :'(

I tried by changing mod orders many times, but the same message shows up.

There's a modded item somewhere in the mods that you're using that Prepare Carefully is not handling properly.  That's what's breaking it.  You'll need to figure out which mod it is and disable.

Many thanks. It works!

JLBShecky

So I have a bit of a non game breaking bug that I noticed when playing around with mods last night to see if I could get A14 close to how I would like it. It could be related to another mod, but as it didn't make the game unplayable, I didn't take the time to fully track it down.

Anyways, if you go to select a pawn's adult backstory from the list, rather than using arrows, the current backstory is not selected in the list. If you then click close without selecting a backstory from the list, then the pawn's childhood backstory will be copied into their adult backstory slot. I'd have to go back to my A12 game to double check, but I don't think that this is not desired behavior. If you need more information, later today I could go back and try to see if I it relates to other mods/order and or give better steps on how to reproduce.

Also, in the event that I find anything else, should I report it on github as opposed to here? At the moment it seems that you are the only one who has opened issues on github, so I didn't want to do such if you preferred to create the issues yourself.

DariusWolfe

I saw the same behavior that JLBShecky describes on A13. I haven't played around with it enough on A14 to know if it's still occurring.

Krush

MadMartigan

Quote from: Krush on July 25, 2016, 02:04:57 PM
Is there plans to publish this mod to steam?
Some Chinese guy already has.  Along with a bunch of other mods.

EdB

Quote from: JLBShecky on July 25, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
Also, in the event that I find anything else, should I report it on github as opposed to here? At the moment it seems that you are the only one who has opened issues on github, so I didn't want to do such if you preferred to create the issues yourself.

Feel free to post issues to github.  Ideally, issues in github should include a list of steps for how to reproduce the problem, like you've done here.  I went ahead and added this issue over there.  Good bug report--I didn't know about this one!

Krush

Quote from: MadMartigan on July 25, 2016, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Krush on July 25, 2016, 02:04:57 PM
Is there plans to publish this mod to steam?
Some Chinese guy already has.  Along with a bunch of other mods.
But is it regularly updated like the github repo?

Venatos

i realy hope someone takes over soon, so we can have a official and supported version on the workshop....

Lem Wright

I'm currently having a bug, though I don't know the source of it. I recently had to rip the entire game and reinstall everything, and suddenly prepare carefully no longer works. I don't get an error, it just won't pop up the window when I click it in the colonists screen.

Edit: Yeah, crap. It's apparently Glitterworld that's conflicting with it. Just got down to disabling it, and it works fine now. I'll see if it still works with the other stuff re-enabled and report back.

damnfan

Quote from: Lem Wright on July 26, 2016, 07:13:42 AM
I'm currently having a bug, though I don't know the source of it. I recently had to rip the entire game and reinstall everything, and suddenly prepare carefully no longer works. I don't get an error, it just won't pop up the window when I click it in the colonists screen.

Edit: Yeah, crap. It's apparently Glitterworld that's conflicting with it. Just got down to disabling it, and it works fine now. I'll see if it still works with the other stuff re-enabled and report back.

I have glitter world in my game and have no issues. Where is edb in your load order? I have it at the very top of my load order.

PaoLorenz

I have it really DOWN in my list and it works, with Glitter as well.

Once i tried it in the middle of the list, and it did not show.
Probably best if you try it soon after the core ones, or as the latest !

So far, with a long list of mods, the only one giving me troubles and crapping all the list (needing to re do from scratch) has been Infused, last version.
Will try later this evening, cause it worked just fine a couple of days ago.
;)

kriana

I've got Glitterworld installed with this and it works... most of the time. My strategy has been to put this one at the VERY end of the list, all the time, no exceptions.

I still get the error with the start button not working sometimes, the log says something regarding the accessory slot (I'll copy it verbatim next time I see it if you like) but going back to the character's screen and doing several things has made it work:

1. delete any old injuries - this worked a few times, but it may be a coincidence
2. regenerate colonists - I was using ones I'd imported. Recent ones I'd made earlier in the day. No rhyme or reason there I could distinguish.
3. just click around between the health/clothing/relationship tabs and keep going back and trying to start... This has worked for me at least 3 times...

If that all fails I try a different scenario. I think sometimes the scenario affects it, but I haven't tracked which one(s). I can track this down and spend some hardcore time trying to reproduce if anyone thinks it would be helpful.

[Qualifications: testing software is part of my actual job]

Boston

Is it possible for someone to port this to Steam? I downloaded it and jammed it into my mods folder, yet can't access it with Steam : (