[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Set the zone you want not to be entered.
Then go into the zone managment, and invert it.
After that assign all colonist to these new zone.

Maybe try the path avoid mod, and set an avoid area over the shooting range.

s44yuritch

I placed the shooting target near a mountain, so that there is only natural rock behind it. No one will try to repair that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 14, 2018, 04:50:31 AM
mate any idea how to stop colonists from getting hit by friendly fire in the shooting range?
Avoid Friendly Fire mod? Not sure.

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 14, 2018, 04:50:31 AM
Is it possible to create a 'low wall' that doesnt stop the shooter from practice firing but does prevent movement?
Embrasures?

Ruisuki

Great suggestions guys. I might try the path avoid mod, mountain wall, or embrasures in that case. Though the latter is very cool it worries me that ill start relying on them too much and make my base OP with embrasures all over the place

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 14, 2018, 02:58:11 PM
Though the latter is very cool it worries me that ill start relying on them too much and make my base OP with embrasures all over the place

There's multiple versions of embrasures. I am using the ones from RF - Concrete (highly recommend all of his mods anyway!), but I have tuned down the cover to I think 70%, not much higher than sandbags. Some mods have them at 95% cover, which is too high for me.

The 3 mods that I can think of, that I believe come with embrasures are:
RF - Concrete
Medieval Times
ED-Embrasures

There are probably a few that I don't know about. Some people's embrasures are different, I think it's Medieval Times can eventually be scaled, while others are always impassable. There's also the mod MD2 Walls (Mechanical Defense) that has walls that you can raise/lower. Highest they are regular wall, middle they are embrasure, and lowest they are like a floor. MD2 Walls is currently being maintained by sulusdacor, which you can find his post here on the forum.

Ruisuki

Thanks for the info harry will consider this. I sent you a PM so I dont hijack the topic any further :p

ChickenBoxer

Hey, thanks for making this lovely collection of mods which have brought me great joy throughout my addiction.
(possibly making it worse)

Would it be possible to make it so that if a pawn has a melee weapon equipped as a secondary via SimpleSidearms that said pawn is able to and does randomly train with Martial Arts Target? (And vice-versa with melee equipped/gun secondary on shooting target)

Drglord

I am just using the misc robots one but it seems on the latest patch that all robot traders have the price for bots at x2? for some reason and i end up buying them from exotic traders or cities at normal price... Was that intended?

Haplo

The prices on robot traders is now like this:
1 to 2 robots are available for an expensive price tag
-2 to 2 robots are available for a normal price tag
-1 to 3 robots are available for an expensive price tag

So, yes, their chance to have expensive robots is now higher than it was previously.
Is that a problem? Should I set the third setting also to normal maybe?

Btw: Update!
Robots is updated to 0.18.11:
New objects in the Robots tab:
- Robots can now be renamed (Only visible if animal names (named only or all) are active)
- There is now a button for Shutdown and for Shutdown All (For a quick shutdown possibility when an attack is running)

Canute

Yep, i think a specialiced trader shouldn't sell that stuff at expensive price.
It would be like Bulk good trader would sell meat and veggies at expensive prices too.
If you like you can patch the excotic good trader sell them at expensive prices if you like.
Currently i buy robots from excotic good and just use the robot trader to buy steel/plasteel.

Drglord

Quote from: Haplo on February 26, 2018, 02:50:31 PM
The prices on robot traders is now like this:
1 to 2 robots are available for an expensive price tag
-2 to 2 robots are available for a normal price tag
-1 to 3 robots are available for an expensive price tag

So, yes, their chance to have expensive robots is now higher than it was previously.
Is that a problem? Should I set the third setting also to normal maybe?

Btw: Update!
Robots is updated to 0.18.11:
New objects in the Robots tab:
- Robots can now be renamed (Only visible if animal names (named only or all) are active)
- There is now a button for Shutdown and for Shutdown All (For a quick shutdown possibility when an attack is running)

Well since they are extremely rare... like you get 1 every 3 years i would say yeah but still i have never seen a robot trader sell a robot in a normal price...

FociA

Why is the Robots Tab going so crazy ?
its add/removes Robots in the list all the time. cant be good for the performance.

Haplo

It adds / removes them normally only when they vanish into their recharge station or start from there.
Other than that they shouldn't switch out.
Can you elaborate a bit? Do you witness the disabling/activating of robots? Or something else?

FociA

no issues its only confusing(suggest its destroyed or somthing). why not just a list of installed robots.

Canute

It's because when a robot is recharging he isn't present at the map.
Not like colonist's or MAI which rest on the bed/rechargestation.