[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeMonsta

Quote from: Haplo on May 06, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
Yes, sorry. Robots wont get a fix anymore as the a17 version is already up and running. The system is now quite different to the a16 robots. In a16 they were modified colonists. In a17 they will be modified animals.  8)

Normally the food should be updated to 100 whenever it falls under 98%. So yours behave strangely  ;D

Ok, thanks for the update. I went through my other mods and problem seems to be with another mod,  "Realistic Starvation". The problem was apparently fixed with the newer version of that mod (like yesterday). Will try that or remove that mod if the problem persists.

-fixed starving animals alert
-removed debug message for pawns with no hunger need (mechanoids)
-Haplo's Misc. Robots compatibility: robots no longer get hungry

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31548.0

zeMonsta

Quote from: zeMonsta on May 06, 2017, 04:13:35 AM
Ok, thanks for the update. I went through my other mods and problem seems to be with another mod,  "Realistic Starvation". The problem was apparently fixed with the newer version of that mod (like yesterday). Will try that or remove that mod if the problem persists.

-fixed starving animals alert
-removed debug message for pawns with no hunger need (mechanoids)
-Haplo's Misc. Robots compatibility: robots no longer get hungry

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31548.0

Yup, upgrading to the latest version of Realistic Starvation fixed my problem. May the Misc. robots now live happily ever after :)

Canute

Quote from: Haplo on May 06, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
In a16 they were modified colonists. In a17 they will be modified animals.  8)
Does that mean, you can't give them anymore extra appearal. You can't force them anymore to haul/clean or draft them to move them out of danger ?

Then they are just Minions which can't reproduce themself :-(

Kassidoo

Hi

I've got a question, both relating to A17, and 16. Is it possible to make a robot that only does a certain Sub-job? As an example, the hauling robots not only haul, they move furnitures, burn corpses in crematorium and fill barrels with Wort. Is it possible to make it <Only> haul items?
I use the mod Fluffy breakdowns, and while it removed the annoying breakdown event, my builders spend way to much time maintining components. So I wanted to make a robot, a maintenance robot, that only does the sub-job of maintaining components, not everything builder related. Is this possible?

Haplo

@Kassidoo: That's not possible with my robots. Sorry.

Info for A17:
I'm close to finishing a new Job:

Job: Weapon Repair
   Do you have your best weapon in an awful condition, but various worse weapons of the same kind just laying around?
   Now you can repair your weapon with spare parts from similiar weapons (as long as you have a mechanic table)

Effectively it adds a floatmenu to all weapons if you have a mechanic table and a second weapon of that type available.
Your smith will then repair your selected weapon for 25 to 40% of the health of the second weapon.
For now this is an prioritize job only. No automatic settings.

What do you guys think about it? Is it useful or more of the unuseful kind?

Ghasty

Quote from: Haplo on May 07, 2017, 06:52:54 PM
@Kassidoo: That's not possible with my robots. Sorry.

Info for A17:
I'm close to finishing a new Job:

Do you have your best weapon in an awful condition, but various worse weapons of the same kind just laying around?
   Now you can repair your weapon with spare parts from similiar weapons (as long as you have a mechanic table)

Effectively it adds a floatmenu to all weapons if you have a mechanic table and a second weapon of that type available.
Your smith will then repair your selected weapon for 25 to 40% of the health of the second weapon.

This sounds like a great idea. Very simple way to deal with that legendary weapon losing durability.

Elodie

Is it possible to make gunner robots that can load and operate mortars, for example? It's potentially rather overpowered, but I've had times where all my pawns are capable of fighting, but I still have to keep some in the back at the mortars despite needing all hands at the front line, like today when 425 tribals attacked my base.

Canute

Similar suggestion appeared for the Mending table a while ago.
Basicly it is a good nearly realistic solution.
But i would prefer when you dismante any weapon into spareparts and with this spareparts you could repair any weapon.

Haplo

I've specially not used that way because it would add a whole supply chain, which I don't want to do.
(Btw. isn't the mending table doing it a bit like that? Only with repair kids?)
For this I just wanted to do a simplistic variant and this was the only way I could think of to make it which wasn't too complicated to do.

Canute

Yep, the mending table use repair kits, crafted from steel+cloth to repair weapons and appearal from it.
This made it universal useable.
The solution i suggest is a mix, you can't craft these repair from "nothing" (steel and cloth are nearly nothing:-)) you need to dismantle weapons to get repair kits. But you can use these kits to repair other weapon too. At this way it is a bit universal but still limited.

Your way isn't bad either just more limited.
You will never be able to repair these rare Railguns.
And any way to repair is better then no way to repair ! :-)

Dr_Zhivago

It's not a bad idea, but with all of the repair mods/benches out there, I'm not sure how useful it'd really be.

Haplo

Yes, you're right. Most likely noone will notice it, but we'll see :)

@Canute:
You're also right. With this mod my Railgun will never be repairable :)
Depends of how it goes, maybe I'll add a second possibility to dismantle weapons into weapon parts. And then provide an option for repairing them with these weapon parts.. We'll see :)

For now I'll provide it as a seperate mod, but when the interest for it is low, I'll just drop it into the objects..

blaxblade

I have a texture problem with MAI; He has no head
How can i fix?

Canute

Try to delete the Misc. Mai folder and unzip/copy it again.
Maybe a damaged file.

blaxblade

No, i have replaced the folder, but mai continues to have no head