[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevrun

Love the mod, but if I'm going to keep using it I'm going to need access to the CE compat patch that's only available on steam.  Cause if I gotta choose between interesting (an)droids and a realistic combat model...  Well I have to go with realistic combat.  Sorry.

Listkoe

Quote from: sevrun on December 17, 2017, 02:57:04 PM
Love the mod, but if I'm going to keep using it I'm going to need access to the CE compat patch that's only available on steam.  Cause if I gotta choose between interesting (an)droids and a realistic combat model...  Well I have to go with realistic combat.  Sorry.

Welp, sucks to have non-steam version of Rimworld. I would like to try this mod, but same as you, I use CE implemented in Hardcore Sk.

Nightinggale

I went to steam and got Holy_Tape's permission to upload the CE patch here. In fact I got permission to modify it as needed. I changed it to work when added inside Androids itself and while I was at it, I gave the patching an overhaul.

List of changes:

• CE compatible (Holy_Tape's patch)
  • CE patch is only used if CE is loaded first. It gives a human readable error if CE is loaded last
  • Gives an error if alien framework is not loaded or not loaded first
  • Optimized the existing patch to be 16 times faster when patching vanilla and much less slowdown when adding more mods
  • Removed bones from Droids and Androids if Bone Mod is loaded
All of those makes use of ModCheck. In fact none of them would be possible without it.

This can be used by simply adding the files attached to this post to Androids.

@ChJees: This is a donation to Androids. Feel free to add it to the mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Listkoe

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 18, 2017, 04:58:00 PM
I went to steam and got Holy_Tape's permission to upload the CE patch here. In fact I got permission to modify it as needed. I changed it to work when added inside Androids itself and while I was at it, I gave the patching an overhaul.

List of changes:

• CE patch is only used if CE is loaded first. It gives a human readable error if CE is loaded last
  • Optimized the existing patch to be 16 times faster when patching vanilla and much less slowdown when adding more mods
All of those makes use of ModCheck. In fact none of them would be possible without it.

Thanks man. Appreciate it :D.

SalmonToastie

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RunAndGun.CompRunAndGun.Initialize (Verse.CompProperties props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.InitializeComps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef kindDef, RimWorld.Faction faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Factions.GenerateFresh (System.String seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld (Single planetCoverage, System.String seedString, OverallRainfall overallRainfall, OverallTemperature overallTemperature) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__615 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Getting this on launch, any ideas to what it is because i have no clue. Assuming its something with the mod Run And Gun.

CannibarRechter

> Assuming its something with the mod Run And Gun.

It  does look like something to do with RunAndGun.

It doesn't look like anything to do with Androids.

You should probably post it over in the appropriate thread.

You might also include the full output_log.txt file, as often there is more information there.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SalmonToastie

Quote from: CannibarRechter on December 22, 2017, 07:48:10 AM
> Assuming its something with the mod Run And Gun.

It  does look like something to do with RunAndGun.

It doesn't look like anything to do with Androids.

You should probably post it over in the appropriate thread.

You might also include the full output_log.txt file, as often there is more information there.

It's only erroring once Androids is turned on and I try to generate worlds.

Madman666

Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 22, 2017, 10:12:51 AM

I also use Androids with Run and Gun and no such errors happen on the launch or world gen. Plays just fine. I suggest checking what else can conflict.

SalmonToastie

Quote from: Madman666 on December 22, 2017, 10:52:46 AM
Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 22, 2017, 10:12:51 AM

I also use Androids with Run and Gun and no such errors happen on the launch or world gen. Plays just fine. I suggest checking what else can conflict.

Sh*t I don't know then, mind telling me what I need to look for with errors then? I just saw this as the last thing on the log and thought it was the error. I would like to understand this way better.

Madman666

Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 22, 2017, 07:05:07 PM
Sh*t I don't know then, mind telling me what I need to look for with errors then? I just saw this as the last thing on the log and thought it was the error. I would like to understand this way better.

Dunno... What kind of mods do you have, that can alter or add something to world gen? If it crashes at generation step, trying to disable stuff that adds to this step one by one is the first logical choice. I have like... hundred mods now and run and gun with androids are there, so there s definitely no incompatibility there.

Roolo

Even it's a mod conflict the creator of RunAndGun (me :))would probably have been be happy if you reported it. I'm currently tracking down an issue reported by Mac users and this could be related. By the way, did you update to the last version of RunAndGun? Please answer this in the RunAndGun thread by the way.

LAWolves

Got a bug report for you -> https://gist.github.com/641c3a3f5ddcd598740d975e54835ce4
Built a Droid and it just stood there, I think it's a bad interaction with KF Colonist Bar, posting it there too.

The savefile is too big so I'm uploading it -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tf11pt1l0jmyok/Slyders.rws?dl=0

nukarama

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 18, 2017, 04:58:00 PM

List of changes:

So what exactly does this patch do? I've added the files, and while the game plays just fine, CE works with people, guns have ammo, etc., my Android or Droid pawns can't use CE features such as fire modes, burst/auto/single, or manual reloads. It's essentially like controlling vanilla combat, though the pawns still need to reload and use ammo. I assume I fucked something up somewhere, I just don't know where it would've occurred.

Harry_Dicks

Does EPOE not work with this mod for B18? I saw there was a patch for A17 for them to work together, but no for B18. In the OP it says you need to load the patch last, but I couldn't find anything saying the patch is no longer required for B18. Could anyone please point me towards the patch, if there is one/is required, for B18, please? Thanks! :D

Canute

Quote from: Questops on December 01, 2017, 04:59:23 AM
Quote from: Marcvs on November 30, 2017, 04:46:28 PM
Hi, will there be the EPOE patch for B18?

This won't be necessary with the latest version of Androids, as androids are now able to utilize anything a human pawn could in previous versions.