A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

i think the map is just to simulate travel time between different factions so that the player's choice of starting location would actually have a tactical/strategic effect.

ie : if you place colony near friendly factions, then it's faster for them to send reinforcements or to send trading caravans to your colony and vice versa.

it would also be cool if factions are more dynamic. like some factions would get annihilated coz of hostilities with other factions, etc..

instead of having to deal with just that one band of pirates every playthrough. faction relationships would be more dynamic. or something.

mrofa

Finally world domination, thx Ty!
All i do is clutter all around.

CodeRen

Quote from: Jaridan on November 13, 2016, 10:40:38 PM
DF is not a commercial game though, they don't need sales.

Also children don't just "die" in rimworld you can do quite some stuff to make them die or after they die.

The problem is the same why games with the swastika are banned in germany even though it's "just" a game.

Yeah you can do a lot to them but really they are a basic sprite on the screen and most of the time you wont even know whats up with them unless you look at the health tab, so its not like fallout or gta introducing kids being killed. This game and the way its designed works perfectly to have kids in it.

skinicism

Tynan promised me more prismatic imaging
overlay technology for mapping out features
of suits and suit-integrated technologies
to enhance the senses of colonists.

Alenerel

Quote from: skinicism on November 19, 2016, 12:26:02 PM
  Tynan promised me more prismatic imaging
overlay technology for mapping out features
of suits and suit-integrated technologies
to enhance the senses of colonists.

Tynan promised me that he would pull out... And now Im pregnant.

Dont trust Tynan.

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Jaridan

Hype relit (not that it ever died down D:)

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/802515294002540544

Daman453

I am so ready for alpha 16! Hypeeeeeeeee
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Profugo Barbatus

Its hard to not get a little hype about this. The idea of playing an Imperialist, Military colony is incredibly appealing to me now that I can (Potentially) attack my neighbors and export my favorite dealings of death.

Grishnerf

december release Hype"!!"

o god. i will probably forget xmas day with my Family.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

mumblemumble

I wonder, can we literally genocide tribals if attacking is done?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

carbon

"Sensory mechanite blankets for everyone!"

(too soon?)

mumblemumble

Quote from: carbon on November 26, 2016, 07:41:57 PM
"Sensory mechanite blankets for everyone!"

(too soon?)
Wouldn't sensory mechanite blankets just make obscenely strong, really pissed off tribals? How about a feast laced with luciferium, might go down better.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Profugo Barbatus

I've just been giving thought to the potential mechanical changes that some of these new additions might bring. Tynan's had a lot of time to work on this, and he's said its a pretty big update. Some things that aren't fully fleshed out, might see some more meat now because they'd be useful for these new features.

For example, Traders evidently have to carry their goods, and food for the trip. Pack animals would help with this, but man or beast of burden would likely be balanced by a carry capacity. This would *potentially* indicate a more fleshed out inventory system for pawns, besides simply clothes, guns, and lunch. I mostly suspect this for the latter value of it though in the other systems.

Trading is relatively straight forward for an inventory system, in so far as how its used. Attacks however, would definitely want/need such a system. Mainly, raids would want to bring gear back. Whether the gear is the guns of your fallen friends, or loot from the enemy camp, or a mix of the two, being able to tell someone "Stuff your backpack with gold" or "Sling that mans rifle" would be very useful. Side effects of this would include being able to bring parts, ammo, and spare weapons. Set up your own mortar siege camp, or bring a doomsday launcher to split open a wall and then have the launcher pawn take out his spare weapon. Once you've won/decided to retreat, then you'd have that inventory system to drag back what's left.

Also on the offensive matters, would be medical care concerns. You're gonna want to be able to patch up your wounded in the field before departing to trek back, so being able to carry some medicine into the field would be excellent (Then just slap down some sleeping spots fer some quick field surgery).

All this assumes that combat on different world map cells is something the player can directly involve themselves with. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, but it's an assumption none the less.

deslona

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on November 27, 2016, 05:44:36 AM
I've just been giving thought to the potential mechanical changes that some of these new additions might bring. Tynan's had a lot of time to work on this, and he's said its a pretty big update. Some things that aren't fully fleshed out, might see some more meat now because they'd be useful for these new features.

For example, Traders evidently have to carry their goods, and food for the trip. Pack animals would help with this, but man or beast of burden would likely be balanced by a carry capacity. This would *potentially* indicate a more fleshed out inventory system for pawns, besides simply clothes, guns, and lunch. I mostly suspect this for the latter value of it though in the other systems.

Trading is relatively straight forward for an inventory system, in so far as how its used. Attacks however, would definitely want/need such a system. Mainly, raids would want to bring gear back. Whether the gear is the guns of your fallen friends, or loot from the enemy camp, or a mix of the two, being able to tell someone "Stuff your backpack with gold" or "Sling that mans rifle" would be very useful. Side effects of this would include being able to bring parts, ammo, and spare weapons. Set up your own mortar siege camp, or bring a doomsday launcher to split open a wall and then have the launcher pawn take out his spare weapon. Once you've won/decided to retreat, then you'd have that inventory system to drag back what's left.

Also on the offensive matters, would be medical care concerns. You're gonna want to be able to patch up your wounded in the field before departing to trek back, so being able to carry some medicine into the field would be excellent (Then just slap down some sleeping spots fer some quick field surgery).

All this assumes that combat on different world map cells is something the player can directly involve themselves with. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, but it's an assumption none the less.

I think it may be better and simpler to make trade caravans akin to the elf caravans in DF...i.e.

That said, individual colonists/people should have a carry limit. Again, far into the distance I think. Best to be planned, balanced and fleshed out in the next few alphas.